• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 MLB Draft

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pirates pick 8th overall and get the 45th overall for losing Doumit.

This made me chuckle:

The Houston Astros got a comp pick at No. 41 for losing Barmes.

The Los Angeles Dodgers got a comp pick at No. 51 for losing Barajas.

Those teams must still be laughing at those stellar signings. Way to go Neal! Could have saved around 10 million and went with rookies and still had similar if not more production.

Also, I think we should start a contest to see how low Alvarez can get his average. I'll go with .025.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Better contest for Alvarez, more total bases or more strikeouts this year. As hard as it sounds I will go with strikeouts.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All three experts have us selecting Deven Marrero at #8. I have no idea why they are guessing that, in all three he is not the best talent available, nor does he fill a need, which would be a bad reason to draft him anyway. Law, BA, and Mayo all have Lucas Giolito still on the board and he is a top 2 or 3 talent, granted he has been injured all year, but by all accounts it should be nothing to keep him from pitching later this year.

If he is there, Giolito would ne my pick, if he is gone, I would takr whichever one of the top 7 that fell to us. Overall my preference would be to draft Carlos Correa, but no one thinks he will make it to us.My next choice overall would be Giolito anyway, so stealing him at 8th would be unbelievable IMO.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jonathan Mayo's most recent mock draft has us taking Max Fried, HS LHP from the same team as Lucas Giolito, who is also available in Mayo's mock draft. If both were available, I would prefer Giolito, he has the higher upside, but is injured and worst case scenario needs TJ surgery, although reports say he is throwing, and wants to throw off a mound before the draft.
My top choice, Carlos Correa goes 7th in this mock draft, so I guess there is a slight chance we could get him. Although, if we could get Giolito in the first and Victor Roach in the supplemental, I would be ok with it.......but that is a lot of injury concern with our top 2 picks as well.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather COrrea over everyone in this draft.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather COrrea over everyone in this draft.

It is a toss up between him and Buxton, I'd probably take Buxton, but Correa is a close second then there are the pile of pitchers, Appel, Gausman, Giolito. Thats about all the top talent in this draft IMO. After that you have a group of about 20the that could go in any order.