• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Draft thoughts from Fans

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too small to be an every down DE? In our defense? Really? Irvin is 6'3", 248 LBs. Chris Clemons was the exact same height and weighs a whopping five pounds more. I'd say he did just fine in his time here.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.

He had one "Meh" game, and another bad game where you can point fingers all over the defense and find someone who played like hot garbage. If the trend continues, sure...lets talk about drafting a replacement. But he was great his rookie year and pretty good last season. You can't say that about many players asked to completely switch roles. Way too soon to write him off.

How was he great his rookie year? Half the sacks he had came during garbage time and when he was forced to play every down due to injuries he got absolutely dominated. Remember him in the Atlanta playoff game? Tragic. I watched the guy his entire career at WVU and almost had a coronary when the Hawks took him 15th overall. When it comes time to give the guy a contract, he'll be walking.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to be selective about stats and ignore the fact that he was sixth in the NFL in QB pressures as a rookie? I'd say most would argue that is pretty damn great.

And a rookie playing in his 18th game of the season, when he has never played more than 12 or so in a year before in his life, hit the wall and wasn't terribly effective? Shocking.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are going to be selective about stats and ignore the fact that he was sixth in the NFL in QB pressures as a rookie? I'd say most would argue that is pretty damn great.

And a rookie playing in his 18th game of the season, when he has never played more than 12 or so in a year before in his life, hit the wall and wasn't terribly effective? Shocking.

Lets see, the 15th pick in the draft to be used as a situational pass rusher placed on the best defense in the league and he was 6th in QB pressures. If you want to consider that great, feel free. It wasn't damn great when he would get dominated by tackles and even tight ends at times especially when he was drafted to have one sole purpose on the field (I still cant believe a first round pick was burned on that). He's so good that its almost unbelievable to think he got busted for performance enhancing drugs. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Wasn't terribly effective? He was nonexistent. You or I could have suited up and had the same results as he did in that playoff game. You would think that a 1st round draft pick could make a play or two at some point in a game. He and the Seahawks found out that the NFL is a lot different then playing against Norfolk State and Bowling Green.

I'm not saying he's useless, but he's just not that good. He's a painfully mediocre or below average player that got drafted way to high. Doesn't matter though I guess, the Seahawks still managed to win a superbowl even with him playing.