• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Draft thoughts from Fans

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nighthawk3
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 7:45 PM
This pick sucks. Another wasted draft pick. On a position that wasn’t a need. A midget quarterback. That’s it, Pete Carroll has officially destroyed our 2012 draft. A 3-4 rush linebacker that was a best a 3rd round “talent” at 15th overall who’s too small to be a defensive end (oh wait, he’s a “situational pass rusher”–that’s what I want our 1st round pick to be used on–not a 3 down player), passing twice on the best guard in the draft who would be an every down player for the next dozen years when our two biggest needs are left guard and middle linebacker. Then Trader Pete trades down in the second round so we miss out on Mychal Kendricks, a much better player, and take Wagner, another 3rd round projection. And finally, a dwarf quarterback who’s a halfback taking snaps. Yeah, there’s an A+ draft. We could have had: 1st Dennis DeCastro, 2nd Vinny Curry (a real pass rushing DE) and 3rd Alfonzo Dennard, a fine cornerback. Instead, we got warmed over dog crap. If there isn’t a FirePeteCarroll.com website, I’m going to start one. He’s screwed this franchise over and set us back for years.

Snappa
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 7:27 PM
He’s gonna push TJack and Flynn and Portis and could well compete for starter before we know it. He’s got really good command and sees and understands what’s happening on the field. Great arm. Decisive. A very good runner. There are plenty of big quarterbacks that never go anywhere. This guy’s going somewhere. You heard it here first.

Stevos
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 7:18 PM
Bold move. I didn’t think they would draft a QB, but how could Pete pass up Wilson? He couldn’t. The kid has Everything you want in a QB except height. Love him.

Our QB of the future?

Stevos
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 7:19 PM
It would be nice to see Turbin drop to 4/106. Would fill a need.

STTBM
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 8:07 PM
Chuck–I dont wanna ban Nighthawk, he’s necessary. Crazy–and I mean Batshit–but necessary.

But he definitely overvalues run-stuffing MLB’s. And he’s like the Draftniks, pissed because his fav’s didnt get drafted high enough…

Wagner will be a fine OLB, and if need be Wright can play MLB on run downs, with Ruud on passing downs. Its gonna be fine. I wish we’d got Curry in the third, and Wilson in the fourth, but they obviously felt they couldnt let this guy get away, so its fine if they drafted him a round or two high; they like him.

Now they have no pressure, and can draft high upside projects, which is fantastic.

I still want Turbin…or Polk…and Iloka..

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dukeshire
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 8:33 PM
RADEoN – I agree 100% about Wilson. If they weren’t sold on Flynn, they shouldn’t have signed him. This team is no where near ready to spend a third on a developmental QB with so many other gaping holes to fill (RB, WR, 3-tech) and without an established starter under center all ready. And while I believe Wilson is vastly overrated as a potential NFL franchise QB, my real issue is with a wasted opportunity to improve this team now. As I said in the live chat, if I’m wrong about him, I’ll gladly eat my words. But until then, this was a completely wasted pick, IMO.

shoehawks
APRIL 27, 2012 AT 8:37 PM
Wagner and Wilson are awesome picks. Russell Wilson was one of the best quarterbacks in the NCAA statistically. How can you ignore that? He posted amazing stats despite playing behind a massive Wisconsin offensive line. I don’t see how being short hurt him there. He is, at worst, the second best quarterback currently on the team. Wagner is going to start at MIDDLE linebacker for the ‘Hawks…bet on it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is always 20/20.

After the first round of the draft if loses me. I'm Canadian and I don't follow college football so most of the names mean nothing to me other than the ones that get highly touted weeks before the draft. I was as surprised as anyone they took Wilson even though I knew nothing about him. I was just surprised they took a QB that high when they just got the highest ranked QB free agent in Flynn.

Shows what I know about drafting players I guess. The Wilson and Wagner picks turned out to be gold and the one "can't miss" pick the Hawks had in the past few years (Curry) turned out to be a massive bust. That was the first (and last) time I will ever buy a jersey with a rookie's name on it. If anyone is looking for a pro-style jersey (paid $200), barely worn, with Aaron Curry's name on it I have one for sale super cheap.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the 2012 draft. I was cheering like I was watching a game, and cbs posters who remember my over the top excitement over Wagner and Turbin. I actually got all three of the Wagner-Wilson-Turbin picks right on my pre draft mock, which is by far the best run I've ever had (Richard Sherman is the only other pick I have gotten correct, unless ;you count trading our 2nd rounder to Baltimore in 2013, though I missed who we were gonna take).

As for the Wilson pick, I loved it at the time. I expected the Seahawks to start Flynn in 2012 and then Wilson would start in 2013, but I wasn't surprised that Wilson won the job.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for the Seahawks to pick Wilson, but really didn't think they would. Never did have a clue on who they would pick.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to come out from underneath this rock yet?

As a few people know, I was less then thrilled with that draft at the time.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is looking for a pro-style jersey (paid $200), barely worn, with Aaron Curry's name on it I have one for sale super cheap.

On principle I'd almost buy it just to burn it, but Curry seemed like a good dude.

A moron. But a good dude.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On principle I'd almost buy it just to burn it, but Curry seemed like a good dude.

A moron. But a good dude.

I just found it interesting the varying of degrees of faith in this pick.
A range from horrible, wasted pick "I Hate it".......to very solid pick, "I Love it".

Props to the posters that like the pick.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to take a shot at pete it looks like bruce irvin will be a bust and will not be brought back this offseason IMO he was a good pass rusher just cant play LB and thats what it looks like is happening with him

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to come out from underneath this rock yet?

As a few people know, I was less then thrilled with that draft at the time.

Stay under the rock you puss bag.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to take a shot at pete it looks like bruce irvin will be a bust and will not be brought back this offseason IMO he was a good pass rusher just cant play LB and thats what it looks like is happening with him

Ummm....what? His snap counts were increasing before he got hurt, he was rated by PFF as a top 10 LB against the pass, is decent against the run, and can rush the passer better than the average bear. Cutting him after this season would net us almost nothing in cap savings. Why would we not let him play out his contact?

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!! Bruce Irvin is a bust??? WTF???

Had a good rookie season as an end

And did a fantastic job learning a new position in his second year. You know how hard it is to learn a new position like that. Guess what he was a starter at that position for the Superbowl champions. And the Superbowl MVP could not unseat him at that position. Complaining about him, is just a complete lack of understanding of what they are trying to do with him and the process that takes place to develop players.

This experience along with his year at DE sets up the ground work to make him a very versatile player. The potential for him to become a very solid player is high. Developing players takes time but fans are so caught up with instant gratification

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm....what? His snap counts were increasing before he got hurt, he was rated by PFF as a top 10 LB against the pass, is decent against the run, and can rush the passer better than the average bear. Cutting him after this season would net us almost nothing in cap savings. Why would we not let him play out his contact?

I cant imagine they cut him, but they probably will not take his 5th year option. Unless he breaks out this yer or next, he will not be a seahawk in his 5th year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take back what about cutting him thought this was his last year of his rookie contract I dont want the hawks to cut him if he has another year left but im just not on board of extending him multiple years I would love the idea of moving back to DE to pass rush but watching him play LB doesnt stand out IMO after talking all that junk he talked to the rookie center for GB he ended that game with 1 tackle but we killed them so I didnt pay any mind, but the SD game where philip rivers was converting 3rd downs left and right and their offense was controlling the ball and clock all over our D I didnt see much from him. why cant we just have malcom smith start and let bruce come in on passing downs to be an exclusive rusher like he was his rookie season? His 3rd year in the league isnt the time to still be trying to learn a new position let him do what he known to do best and rush the QB

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin is a bust and wont be with this team much longer. You never hear his name during a game anymore,,,,oh wait, I do remember him hitting somebody from the Chargers late to extend their drive, so I guess he does play.

Last edited by a moderator:

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine they cut him, but they probably will not take his 5th year option. Unless he breaks out this yer or next, he will not be a seahawk in his 5th year.

You could say that about a lot of first rounders. The option year is essentially a franchise tag by another name.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin was a starter on one of the best defenses of all time. No, he wasn't even close to being your best defensive player. But if he was as bad as some make it sound, he would be an obvious liability. And I dont see that at all.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin was a starter on one of the best defenses of all time. No, he wasn't even close to being your best defensive player. But if he was as bad as some make it sound, he would be an obvious liability. And I dont see that at all.

Thank you.

He had one "Meh" game, and another bad game where you can point fingers all over the defense and find someone who played like hot garbage. If the trend continues, sure...lets talk about drafting a replacement. But he was great his rookie year and pretty good last season. You can't say that about many players asked to completely switch roles. Way too soon to write him off.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why he is switching to LB is because he is to small to be an every down DE in the playoff game against atlanta they ran the ball right at him and those 330 pound tackles were mauling him. so really any hope of him playing more snaps would have to be at LB. I cant complain to much last year we won the superbowl and did have one of the best defenses the NFL has ever scene how much of that was contributed by irvin is debatable BUT looking back at the draft I think this D really could do more with Quinton Coples than irvin. againt though cant complain we did win the superbowl