• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Start Pitchers for Week 2

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are looking to grab next week's best widely available 2 start options, look no further:

Aces in the Hole-Paxton Power | The Fantasy Assembly

Just don't start any of these guys against me Jim.

Interesting piece. Any idea how reliable it is? Didn't read the whole thing, but I am a little skeptical of the first suggestion, since I don't like starting lefties against LAA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting piece. Any idea how reliable it is? Didn't read the whole thing, but I am a little skeptical of the first suggestion, since I don't like starting lefties against LAA.

Well, if you read further, you will see that Paxton is highlighted not because of his match-ups, but because he is a talented pitcher with upside. Paxton may not even get 2 starts next week since the M's only have 5 games.

The best match-up plays are listed below.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you read further, you will see that Paxton is highlighted not because of his match-ups, but because he is a talented pitcher with upside. Paxton may not even get 2 starts next week since the M's only have 5 games.

The best match-up plays are listed below.

Ah, yes. Thanks.

Tim Hudson is the suggested two start pitcher. Huddy at home is usually a pretty good option.

I'll keep that site in mind. Hopefully I want have to use the old "pitch and ditch" strategy too soon, since I'm beginning the season with Wainright, Wacha, Bumgarner, and Cobb. Between injuries, unfavorable matchups, poor performance, and trying to get the max 200 starts, however, I know that the old pitch and ditch will come into play far too soon!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes. Thanks.

Tim Hudson is the suggested two start pitcher. Huddy at home is usually a pretty good option.

I'll keep that site in mind. Hopefully I want have to use the old "pitch and ditch" strategy too soon, since I'm beginning the season with Wainright, Wacha, Bumgarner, and Cobb. Between injuries, unfavorable matchups, poor performance, and trying to get the max 200 starts, however, I know that the old pitch and ditch will come into play far too soon!

Thanks for the read.

Like you said, streaming is not ideal for leagues with either an innings max or a starts limit. Also, all of the guys listed are 40% owned or less in Y! and ESPN.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for my skepticism about starting a lefty against the Angels. Paxton was awesome.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for my skepticism about starting a lefty against the Angels. Paxton was awesome.

I would still be careful about using him next week, seeing the Angels for the 2nd time, but he showed why he needs to be owned. The MLB Network guys could not stop raving about his stuff.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how 'bout 'dem M's!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how 'bout 'dem M's!

Miller, Smoak, and Ackley, three guys who are unowned in many leagues, have killed it for two games. What about the next 160?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller, Smoak, and Ackley, three guys who are unowned in many leagues, have killed it for two games. What about the next 160?

Miller is a stud.

Smoak should be better hitting behind Cano, but I am not expecting anything better than a .250 BA with 25 HR. Hitting clean up behind Cano and Miller, he could crack 90 RBI. I do not think that would be unrealistic.

As for Ackley, I think he could amount to being a serviceable MI play, just don't use him in the OF.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is a stud.

Smoak should be better hitting behind Cano, but I am not expecting anything better than a .250 BA with 25 HR. Hitting clean up behind Cano and Miller, he could crack 90 RBI. I do not think that would be unrealistic.

As for Ackley, I think he could amount to being a serviceable MI play, just don't use him in the OF.

Would you drop Jed Lowery in order to add Miller?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you drop Jed Lowery in order to add Miller?

If Miller and Lowrie are replacement level players, then your league is probably shallow enough that it does not really matter because there will always be somebody good sitting there.

As much as I like Lowrie, Miller has elite upside and Lowrie does not. Hitting in front of Cano, Miller could be this year's Segura, just with a different looking line. I would take the upside in a shallow league.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miller and Lowrie are replacement level players, then your league is probably shallow enough that it does not really matter because there will always be somebody good sitting there.

As much as I like Lowrie, Miller has elite upside and Lowrie does not. Hitting in front of Cano, Miller could be this year's Segura, just with a different looking line. I would take the upside in a shallow league.

Thanks for the answer. Several good points, but the one highlighted is the tipping point for me. Went ahead and made the move.