• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) San Antonio Spurs (67-15) vs 3) OKC Thunder (55-27)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure OKC can play Kanter & Adams at the same time a lot like they did vs. Spurs. Ws would make them switch a lot on the perimeter and I think Kanter trying to guard Curry/Klay would be a nightmare. I actually could see Durant playing more at the 4 than he has been doing. Kanter/Adams matched up just fine with Spurs' 2 bigs.

On the other hand, OKC could work them over on the boards with their big lineup. I'd still guess Ws have the advantage vs. OKC's big lineup.

I think they can but just not when Warriors go with Green at Center. Adams is a good defender so I can see him doing a solid job guarding Barnes or Green. Kanter is a liability on the defensive end so that's a different story

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wrong thread
Series so bad the NBA admitted to screwing the spurs out of two wins. In the end you want the players to decide the game and they failed.

They didn't screw the Spurs out of game 2.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some good laughs.... visit page ~5 of this thread and see the overreaction to the Spurs Game 1 victory. There were some bold statements that turned out to be spectacularly wrong. I'd quote them, but that would just be mean.

There were, however, a couple of smart posters that didn't fall for the game 1 overreaction...

I don't think this is necessarily going to be a common occurrence in this series. I think game 2 will be a whole different story. These players have some professional pride.

I still think this is a 6-7 game series.

Also shout out to @bksballer89 for being the only one to outright pick the Thunder to win the series.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy D has the Thunder playing D??

Look out

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some good laughs.... visit page ~5 of this thread and see the overreaction to the Spurs Game 1 victory. There were some bold statements that turned out to be spectacularly wrong. I'd quote them, but that would just be mean.

There were, however, a couple of smart posters that didn't fall for the game 1 overreaction...

Also shout out to @bksballer89 for being the only one to outright pick the Thunder to win the series.

I never understand people over-reacting after a game 1 or 2 in a series that can go 7.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need more inside offense....the defense is fine.
Spurs need a more reliable offensive threat in the post besides Aldridge.

Leonard is a slasher. He doesn't necessarily post up that often and is only 6' 7'.
Bonner is nothing more than an assistant coach and team mascot.
Boban has some potential. But, he is a raw project player that might take a year or two to refine.
West still has a nice jumper, but he has little post game and is a defensive liability.
Diaw is a good defender and a great playmaker, but he is not a scorer.
Duncan is an elite all NBA level defender still, but his offense is gone now.

Take a shot on Durant, make him say no. Dangle the Aldridge/Durant/Leonard frontcourt option.

if not, they will likely pick up Pao Gasol for the minimum. His offense would fit perfectly.
His brother said it is all but a done deal, but I still would prefer to go for the homerun in Durant.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS is only 2 games better than last year. Cleveland was more than capable of playing with them (without LOVE and KYRIE). It is ridiculous to think the Cavs cannot beat them by adding their #2 and #3 player to the roster.

I don't think Golden State will lose another game.

They own the Thunder, Cavs, and Heat.

They are going to win out.

:think:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy was the best SPUR on the floor tonight.

Quit retiring him.

he can still play

They just need to find some better roleplayers.

West, Boban, Simmons, Miller, Bonner, and Martin sucked ass for them most of the year.

I have much respect for Timmy, but "C'mon Man!!"

Kobe dropped 60 in the last game of his career. Doesn't mean he's not done. These guys are great, uber talented players who can still reach down and pull out a game that makes you say..."Hey, I remember that guy" but they are most definitely, no longer "that guy."

I'm not saying that Timmy shouldn't play another season or that he can't contribute at all. But if he does choose to play again, it should be coming off the bench for 20 or so minutes per game.

I think an ideal situation for the Spurs would be for them to see if they can get Pau Gasol and have Timmy backing up him and Aldridge. He seems like a perfect fit for the Spurs system.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked at the Lakers and Suns, but they were never going to happen.

Gonna have to disagree with you here.

I can't speak to the Suns, but reports when FA started were that LA had the Lakers at the top of his list. It's not as if he would be without means to move his family to wherever in the country he was going to play. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he had convo's with those who were important to him about where they'd be willing to move to.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, they didn't even know who their head coach was going to be when they had their first interview with him. They went in selling him on endorsements...he wanted to be sold on the basketball. He even gave them a second interview in which they reportedly did a much better job. But by then, it was simply too little, too late.

I'm not saying that even if they had their coach in place and they actually discussed basketball in the first interview, that he wouldn't have still chosen the Spurs. But let's not pretend that he was always headed to San Antonio.

And yes, I have kids and know what it is to be separated from them.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never expected a 4-2 win by the Thunder. A couple bad calls late in game 5 sure helped them though, who knows, this could have been going 7 games if those calls were made right but it happens.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me that there might be Finals games occurring 4 hours from where I live. I promise myself that if the Finals ends up being SAS-CLE.... I am going to a game.

Well... the Spurs screwed up this plan... BUT... I just realized that Oklahoma City is even closer to Dallas than San Antonio is.

Lets go Thunder!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this your plan through the whole postseason. Reverse pyschology so the Warriors win. Cmon
No. I'm genuinely worried about OKC. Granted, they are a dumb team but they are the most talented team in the NBA. Numskull plays by Westbrook and Durant at the end of games is the one weakness. The Warriors swept them this season more by Thunder stupidity than Warrior excellence.
If the Dubs can make shots and force the Thunder to go away from the huge front line, like they did to Cleveland last year, they can win. If they can't hit shots they will get pounded on the boards and will be beaten.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never expected a 4-2 win by the Thunder. A couple bad calls late in game 5 sure helped them though, who knows, this could have been going 7 games if those calls were made right but it happens.
I did. The Spurs are old and slow. But I've never seen a team take the will to play out of the SPurs like the Thunder did last night.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure OKC can play Kanter & Adams at the same time a lot like they did vs. Spurs. Ws would make them switch a lot on the perimeter and I think Kanter trying to guard Curry/Klay would be a nightmare. I actually could see Durant playing more at the 4 than he has been doing. Kanter/Adams matched up just fine with Spurs' 2 bigs.

On the other hand, OKC could work them over on the boards with their big lineup. I'd still guess Ws have the advantage vs. OKC's big lineup.
The Dubs can make shots, they've got a shot. They may be able to dictate the pace and force the Thunder to go away from the huge lineup that pounded the Spurs into submission. If the Thunder is allowed to keep those monsters in the game it will not end well for our heroes.