• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 QB system???

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fucks sake. Am I just biased towards CJB or is Ferentz just a fucking moron? Maybe he starts Jake next week to be PC and then throws CJB in there for good.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that CJB produces just as much (actually more) than JR and is a full year younger.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is yet another example of Ferentz really not knowing what he's doing. He'll play some chump like JVB for the entire year and never give another QB a chance. Or keep a RB in who is clearly exhausted (Shonn Greene was a good example) and run him 4 straight times, or conversely have a RB with the "hot hand" and sub him out, ala Weisman.

Now, when he's been shown a better QB he decides to play both? His decisions always puzzle me but this one is just the worst. Rotating QBs? He's an idiot, plain and simple.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a surprise to me. It seems KF counters with the exact opposite of what's working. My prediction is that CJB gets two series against Indiana and then it'll be back to JR.

I feel these two QBs have entirely different strengths. That makes it pretty easy for defenses to scheme for.

In fact, I wouldn't come after JR because he is the QB that our opposing defenses would rather face for four quarters.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he's saying Rudock is the starter again, but CJ will sub in. Who subs in a QB??? This coach is losing fan support by the thousands every day. Sinking ship.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how it goes. A few weeks ago, you guys were saying Iowa would be lucky to win 4 games.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think Jake is the better QB. He just seems super hesitant to throw the ball down the field. The routes dont look any different with CJ in than they did with Jake except CJ is taking chances. Maybe watching CJ use the talent we have on the outside these last few weeks will free Jakes mind up and let him sling it. I think both guys are capable of beating anyone we have left on our schedule so playing both of them is OK in the short term IMO

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think Jake is the better QB. He just seems super hesitant to throw the ball down the field. The routes dont look any different with CJ in than they did with Jake except CJ is taking chances. Maybe watching CJ use the talent we have on the outside these last few weeks will free Jakes mind up and let him sling it. I think both guys are capable of beating anyone we have left on our schedule so playing both of them is OK in the short term IMO

I agree. I have said before I want Rudock to start vs Indiana. I think he is better too.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before, I'd rather go down swinging with Sunshine throwing the ball down the field than to win these boring, ugly games with Rudock at the helm. I'm sure I'm the minority there but that style of football is awful to watch and all indications are that Jake would continue to focus on his check down receivers vs. throwing downfield. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's been driven into his head that he should only be throwing 2 yard passes as a *last resort* and those shouldn't be his first option.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before, I'd rather go down swinging with Sunshine throwing the ball down the field than to win these boring, ugly games with Rudock at the helm. I'm sure I'm the minority there but that style of football is awful to watch and all indications are that Jake would continue to focus on his check down receivers vs. throwing downfield. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's been driven into his head that he should only be throwing 2 yard passes as a *last resort* and those shouldn't be his first option.

Its a blast watching Rudock play Ferentz football. Next week he'll start against Indiana, first snap he'll take a knee just to see what the defense is giving him. Fuck my life