• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #2 Ohio State at. Indiana, 8 PM EST, ESPN (Thursday, August 31st)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as a team doesn't have a receiver like that Cobbs kid I think they will be ok. I'm more concerned with the passing game. They better establish a ground game before they start going crazy with throwing.

Oklahoma has a lot of size at the receiver position. Andrews, Mead, Lamb, and Calcaterra could all pose matchup problems for you guys.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things that I learned from this game and being positive.
1) JT kept his composure and was calm throughout, which is a very good thing
2) Much of the blame still should be on the WRs and getting separation. That being said, I'm not too worried as they will be clicking as the season grows
3) We won't face another fast tempo like this to make our defense tired. That IU offense was going the same pace as a Chip Kelly up tempo. No worries on our defense. And our secondary will be fine.
4) We have a stud RB named JK Dobbins and he will be a huge playmaker moving forward. I think OU fans should be very worried.
5) I liked our ST. Hopefully this will continue.

Overall, it was a typical slow starting Buckeye team. They turned it up and got big stops when needed. I'm not in a least bit worried about the OU game. I think this team will be full steam ahead and see more of the Wilson playbook.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has a lot of size at the receiver position. Andrews, Mead, Lamb, and Calcaterra could all pose matchup problems for you guys.
Who, who, and who? I know Andrews but that's it.

I'm not worried. If you guys throw it 68 times and only have 17 total yards rushing, our outcome will be the same as it was last night.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing I saw they need to be concerned with is those new DB's.

The coaches kind of hung them out to dry in the first half playing them on an island 1 on 1 and continuing to do so even though it clearly wasnt working.

When they switched the scheme in the 2nd half it was a lot better. Dline was able to mount pressure because the QB couldnt jist chuck up jump balls pretty much as soon as he got the snap

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two things. I doubt that Oklahoma throws it 60 times and I doubt they run over 50 plays in a half. It's not that i am not concerned with the secondary, just that I'm much more confident in their improvement than the passing game. Gonna be a heck of a game next weekend. :suds:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things. I doubt that Oklahoma throws it 60 times and I doubt they run over 50 plays in a half. It's not that i am not concerned with the secondary, just that I'm much more confident in their improvement than the passing game. Gonna be a heck of a game next weekend. :suds:

Yep. Should be a good one.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, who, and who? I know Andrews but that's it.

I'm not worried. If you guys throw it 68 times and only have 17 total yards rushing, our outcome will be the same as it was last night.

Thats gonna be the dilemma for OU. Im sure their run game is better than IUs but our run defense/front 7 is nasty. If they cant get ot going do they totally abandon it? Secomdary is still learning but when you start throwing 50-60 times against talented guys. Yea you might hit some big plays but mistakes are bound to happen eventually

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK Dobbins looked great yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept the starting job even after Weber is healthy.

OSU's WR group still needs to figure out how to get separation on their routes. All the talent in the world isn't going to do anything if you can't ant get open downfield. Barrett ended with over 300 passing, but most of that was YAC. Against a team like Indiana, that is fine. If you play against a more disciplined team that can run with those guys -- those plays won't happen.

Props on the win to OSU, but that was ugly.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction of 48 -17 was close. I was a little surprised that IU has such athletic WRs...

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK Dobbins looked great yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if he kept the starting job even after Weber is healthy.

OSU's WR group still needs to figure out how to get separation on their routes. All the talent in the world isn't going to do anything if you can't ant get open downfield. Barrett ended with over 300 passing, but most of that was YAC. Against a team like Indiana, that is fine. If you play against a more disciplined team that can run with those guys -- those plays won't happen.

What was ugly about it?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU looked like shit lmao :heh:

I can't really talk though. We still have D2 players on our team. We can barely beat Austin Peay :trash:

But hold on to your ass next week Michigan :yes:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weber is still going to get carries but it will be pretty close to 50/50 with Dobbins. The game was simply a tale of two halves. First half was ugly but the 2nd half Ohio State played Indiana like the #2 team in the country should. The secondary will get experience and get better. Barrett and his receivers will hopefully get their timing down.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats gonna be the dilemma for OU. Im sure their run game is better than IUs but our run defense/front 7 is nasty. If they cant get ot going do they totally abandon it? Secomdary is still learning but when you start throwing 50-60 times against talented guys. Yea you might hit some big plays but mistakes are bound to happen eventually

Should be fun to watch our offensive line against your front 7. Indiana had no hope of running the football and relied on quick passing. Even when they were connecting downfield they still couldn't even start to run the ball.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as a team doesn't have a receiver like that Cobbs kid I think they will be ok. I'm more concerned with the passing game. They better establish a ground game before they start going crazy with throwing.
You don't think a power house like Oklahoma doesn't have a FEW Cobbs on the roster? They sure as hell have a better QB

I think both fan bases will be nervous going into the OSU-OK game

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think a power house like Oklahoma doesn't have a FEW Cobbs on the roster? They sure as hell have a better QB

No. They may have some with his potential but not at his level yet. You are right tho, I will be plenty nervous

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Hebie said Indiana has the best QB-WR combo Ohio State will face this season.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobins looked good the first half. You didn't expect guys starting in their first game to dominate a BIG team all game?

No I expected first game jitters to make it competitive but I certainly did not expect to be losing at the half. The first half was ugly, plain and simple. Dobbins was pretty much the only bright spot. There are two halves, however, and the 2nd half was beautiful. Every position group played better