• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2)Golden State Warriors vs 7)San Antonio Spurs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice slam to cap it from DeJounte. Kid's got hops. At least there's that to look forward to next season; his progression.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to look too far ahead, but damn the Pelicans look good right now. AD is beasting. Jrue and Rondo are playing really well and Niko went crazy last night. The only slight difference I think that would play a bit better into the Warriors favor than the Blazers is that their perimeter defense is much better. Using Andre and Klay in the back court could help slow down Jrue and Rondo in a way that Dame and McCollum can't. Also Draymond is a significant piece in trying to slow down AD.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to look too far ahead, but damn the Pelicans look good right now. AD is beasting. Jrue and Rondo are playing really well and Niko went crazy last night. The only slight difference I think that would play a bit better into the Warriors favor than the Blazers is that their perimeter defense is much better. Using Andre and Klay in the back court could help slow down Jrue and Rondo in a way that Dame and McCollum can't. Also Draymond is a significant piece in trying to slow down AD.
And Curry is not expected back in time for Game 1. KNBR is reporting that game 3 is the earliest he will be cleared.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Curry is not expected back in time for Game 1. KNBR is reporting that game 3 is the earliest he will be cleared.

I've said from the start of the playoffs that the Warriors need to be able to win two series without relying on Curry. That still stands. Missing him wouldn't be an excuse against any team except the Rockets.

I'm hoping he comes back around game 3 though, if only just to get his legs back under him for a few games as a tune up for the WCF and beyond if possible.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait a minute, that can't be true. They are being guarded by the great Damian Lillard. One of the greatest players in the league. Must be fake news.

I have a feeling the Warriors will handle the Pelicans; especially if fully healthy. I believe they may have a bunch of consecutive wins against these guys including a couple of playoff series'

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 would make sense since the Warriors still could win the first two games at home without him. They seem to have the Pelicans' number.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait a minute, that can't be true. They are being guarded by the great Damian Lillard. One of the greatest players in the league. Must be fake news.

I have a feeling the Warriors will handle the Pelicans; especially if fully healthy. I believe they may have a bunch of consecutive wins against these guys including a couple of playoff series'

Wow all of a sudden you're mister confidence and optimism about this team. I thought they were pathetic and lazy. December games matter remember?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the SPURS had some super athletic small forward who could guard KEVIN DURANT.

He is unstoppable because the Spurs dont have anyone on the roster to defend him.

Which is strange....

I remember last year they were just shutting him the fuck down for 3 quarters and dominating his team.

Then out of the "Zsa Zsa blue sky" something weird happened.

I cannot put my exact finger on it how Durant suddenly went from being smothered to unstoppable vs SA.

I wish I knew exactly what (Pachulia) happened to change the whole dynamic versus KEVIN DURANT.

big mystery....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow all of a sudden you're mister confidence and optimism about this team. I thought they were pathetic and lazy. December games matter remember?
Gotta learn to read. I said when I found out the bracketing for this season's playoffs that things could not be easier for the Warriors than they are. San Antonio should not even be in the playoffs and the Warriors have beaten the Pelicans 24 of the last 26 times they've played them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, you sound butt hurt to all hell.

Quite ironic that you're usually the one Warriors "fan" that thinks your team doesn't do anything right and will lose in every series. All of a sudden you've done a 180.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the SPURS had some super athletic small forward who could guard KEVIN DURANT.

He is unstoppable because the Spurs dont have anyone on the roster to defend him.

Which is strange....

I remember last year they were just shutting him the fuck down for 3 quarters and dominating his team.

I cannot put my exact finger on it how Durant suddenly went from being smothered to unstoppable vs SA.

I wish I knew exactly what (Pachulia) happened to change the whole dynamic versus KEVIN DURANT.

big mystery....
We need the same from Pachulia against Davis in the Pelicans series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you sound butt hurt to all hell.

Quite ironic that you're usually the one Warriors "fan" that thinks your team doesn't do anything right and will lose in every series. All of a sudden you've done a 180.
Don't be a fool. Butt hurt is how you feel when your assessment of Lillard was exposed for the drivel that it is. get over it, Cletus.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be a fool. Butt hurt is how you feel when your assessment of Lillard was exposed for the drivel that it is. get over it, Cletus.

I'd still take Lillard over Wall regardless of his abysmal playoff series. Like Wall hasn't had his fair share of shitascular games.

But again, going back to how this started - Washington wouldn't beat San Antonio in a playoff series - even in its present form.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta learn to read. I said when I found out the bracketing for this season's playoffs that things could not be easier for the Warriors than they are. San Antonio should not even be in the playoffs and the Warriors have beaten the Pelicans 24 of the last 26 times they've played them.

Oh I can read just fine. You 100% said December games matter just as much as games in June. LOL. You can't just spew nonsense then change it and pretend you never said it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the same from Pachulia against Davis in the Pelicans series.

No we don't. That's literally the worst matchup against Davis of any big on our roster. LOL.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is strange....

big mystery....

Don't worry Patty Mills tried to even the score last night by taking out Durant and Livingston with his dirty cheap shots.

OR...it could have just been shit that happened during the course of a basketball game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is strange....

big mystery....

Oh and LOL at blaming Pachulia for Kawhi's current injury. He hurt his ankle against the Warriors last year. His injury this year is a quad. I mean yeah it sucks totally to not have him here, but don't try to blame Kawhi being out on the Warriors or Zaza this time around.