• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Milwaukee Bucks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing... Semi Ojeleye has emerged as an interesting option to try to slow down Ben Simmons, at times. If he can hang with Giannis, he can hang with Simmons.

If Semi can just hit a reasonable % of 3's (1 out of 3?) it just might be a viable plan.

I'm more worried about the C's scoring consistently in any potential match-up than I am them defending consistently.

Yea I agree.

Celtics only chance is to keep these games in the high 90's or low 100's.

If Philly get close 110+ PPG, this will be a quick series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Philly in 5 if they play Boston. Boston, like Miami, doesn't have the horses. They got great players like Tatum and Brown. But they're not good enough to get them past Philly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Philly in 5 if they play Boston. Boston, like Miami, doesn't have the horses. They got great players like Tatum and Brown. But they're not good enough to get them past Philly.
Holy fuck balls...what happened to you?

You look different.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much better defensive team though.

Can't see Boston allowing 128 & 130 points

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Semi's a weird unicorn of a defender... it would be interesting if they tangle. ;)

With Simmons the trick is in defending him from the top of the key down to the paint. If you give him 5-6 feet of space at the top of the key, you play into his game because he is such a crisp passer. The Heat tried to get really physical with him which had some success initially.

I haven't watch a ton of this series as I felt that the Celtics were winning this series almost certainly but has Ojeleye been that good defending Giannis? Seems like Giannis is getting his in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better defensive team though.

Can't see Boston allowing 128 & 130 points

Both teams are going to try to control the pace of play. Much like the Heat and Sixers did. The Celtics are a better defensive team especially with Smart back. But the Heat are a really good physical defensive team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are going to try to control the pace of play. Much like the Heat and Sixers did. The Celtics are a better defensive team especially with Smart back. But the Heat are a really good physical defensive team.

Yeah very true.

I feel like the Heat played the game they wanted in 3 of the 5 games.

Just not enough offense. Can't complain much about them allowing 104 PPG to Philly in 3 of the 5 games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah very true.

Just not enough offense. Can't complain much about them allowing 104 PPG to Philly in 3 of the 5 games.

I agree. The Heat pretty much played the best type of game they could hope for. And if Embiid didn't come back, they could have won the series playing that style.

But Embiid is built for half-court basketball. I just don't know how the Celtics match up with him any better than the Heat. In fact I think the Heat match up better than the Celtics do, in that regard.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watch a ton of this series as I felt that the Celtics were winning this series almost certainly but has Ojeleye been that good defending Giannis? Seems like Giannis is getting his in the playoffs.
Small sample size... it was only game 5 that Ojeleye was given significant responsibility in this regard.

Giannis was held to 16 pt's (IIRC) and oftentimes had to settle for jumpers and what not... which is not his game.

Semi is an interesting combination of brute strength and quick feet. Giannis tried to muscle him like he does to virtually everyone else and hit a brick wall.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ Might very well be the same story for Boston... just not enough offense with Kyrie out.

C's are gonna have to shoot well from 3...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embid would have a successful series. He has all the tools. I think he has a hot head and I would consider this.

I have a good feeling Boston will let Simmons shoot all day from outside the paint and wont react.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size... it was only game 5 that Ojeleye was given significant responsibility in this regard.

Giannis was held to 16 pt's (IIRC) and oftentimes had to settle for jumpers and what not... which is not his game.

Semi is an interesting combination of brute strength and quick feet. Giannis tried to muscle him like he does to virtually everyone else and hit a brick wall.

Simmons' game right now isn't really about muscling his way through a defender. To be honest, he needs to work on that.

What Simmons excels at is sitting at the top of the key with the dribble and waiting until the defense breaks down and exploiting it. He does that either by making a pass to an open shooter or by attacking an open lane.

I don't know enough about Ojeleye's game to speak to what he can and can't do. But out muscling Simmons isn't how you beat him really.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling Boston will let Simmons shoot all day from outside the paint and wont react.

I really hope they lay off of Simmons and let him shoot.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons' game right now isn't really about muscling his way through a defender. To be honest, he needs to work on that.

What Simmons excels at is sitting at the top of the key with the dribble and waiting until the defense breaks down and exploiting it. He does that either by making a pass to an open shooter or by attacking an open lane.

I don't know enough about Ojeleye's game to speak to what he can and can't do. But out muscling Simmons isn't how you beat him really.
I've seen teams have at least some success in having a stronger defender body Simmons on his drives to the basket... forcing him into more ackwardish shots. Even aside from the particular match-up, strength/mass matters a lot in the NBA game.

Ojeleye has quick feet, too.

It'd be an interesting match up... hopefully we get to see it, the C's still have some work to do.