• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Milwaukee Bucks

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant even envision a scenario where Milwaukee wins in Boston, I actually think it ends in 6, but either way, I think the Bucks are dead

And Smart was such an obvious difference maker last night
I'm optimistic about the C's chances, too... but I don't think a Boston win is a foregone conclusion. The C's have lost a lot of their margin for error with Kyrie injured... they aren't a "sure thing" against any playoff team on any given night.

It was great having Smart back out there, though, yeah.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic about the C's chances, too... but I don't think a Boston win is a foregone conclusion. The C's have lost a lot of their margin for error with Kyrie injured... they aren't a "sure thing" against any playoff team on any given night.

It was great having Smart back out there, though, yeah.

As a Hawks fan, I never loved Hortfords' game, I thought it was a brutal overpay by the Celtics, but gotta give him his due, he really seems to be fitting in perfectly there

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Stevens is just sensational

I actually wouldnt rule the Celtics out from taking the East with that guy coaching this team

Eric Bledsoe is the worst player ive watched in this seasons playoffs

Hassan Whiteside says hi.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the whole Portland Trailblazers roster says hi.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside says hi.
Bledsoe has been getting more minutes... I've gotta give him the suck award here.

His lack of effort has been egregious multiple times over.
Actually, the whole Portland Trailblazers roster says hi.
I don't fault Portland too much... they are an overachieving bunch that ran into a buzz saw. The Pel's are for real.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston vs Philly will be an interesting series simply because of how good Boston defense is. They may be able to shut down Philly shooters.

I think Philly would win in 6 though

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston vs Philly will be an interesting series simply because of how good Boston defense is. They may be able to shut down Philly shooters.

I think Philly would win in 6 though

I would think the toughest thing for the Celtics would be containing Embiid without sacrificing perimeter defense. Horford is heavily outmatched by Embiid. I can't imagine that Monroe will get a lot of PT in this series.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Stevens tweak getting the refs to allow a shot clock violation to occur without blowing a whistle?

:heh:
That was one call, and yes: it was a bad one that favored the Celtics.

There have been plenty of bad calls in this series and the playoffs as a whole, though. Giannis has gotten the star benefit several times over...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one call, and yes: it was a bad one that favored the Celtics.

There have been plenty of bad calls in this series and the playoffs as a whole, though. Giannis has gotten the star benefit several times over...

I'm just busting bulls a bit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the toughest thing for the Celtics would be containing Embiid without sacrificing perimeter defense. Horford is heavily outmatched by Embiid. I can't imagine that Monroe will get a lot of PT in this series.

Yep I agree. Embiid going to destroy Horford.

I think it will have to be a lot of Simmons & Embiid in this series assuming Boston knocks off Milwaukee. Don't think Redick & Marco get off as much as they did vs Miami.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here.

C's have to hope a bit that Embiid drifts towards the perimeter and takes 3's and such, as he is sometimes wont to do.

As I recall, Embiid had a tendency to do just that in our (Philly vs Boston) regular season match-ups... hard to imagine y'alls coaches would allow him to drift in the playoffs, though.

Boston has no "great" defensive option for him on the inside.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here.

C's have to hope a bit that Embiid drifts towards the perimeter and takes 3's and such, as he is sometimes wont to do.

As I recall, Embiid had a tendency to do just that in our (Philly vs Boston) regular season match-ups... hard to imagine y'alls coaches would allow him to drift in the playoffs, though.

Boston has no "great" defensive option for him on the inside.

The Sixers-Celtics matchups were all really early in the season so it is hard to really put much stock in the them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree. Embiid going to destroy Horford.

I think it will have to be a lot of Simmons & Embiid in this series assuming Boston knocks off Milwaukee. Don't think Redick & Marco get off as much as they did vs Miami.

I honestly don't know what Stevens will do. He's a great coach and he could try and focus on neutralizing Embiid and Simmons and force the Sixers beat them on the perimeter or he could do the exact opposite.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what Stevens will do. He's a great coach and he could try and focus on neutralizing Embiid and Simmons and force the Sixers beat them on the perimeter or he could do the exact opposite.

I would do the opposite. Those shooters are too good and plus Embiid and Simmons will still get their buckets.

Let Simmons & Embiid get their 50 points and shut those other guys down. That should be enough to at least keep them in the game in the 4th.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing... Semi Ojeleye has emerged as an interesting option to try to slow down Ben Simmons, at times. If he can hang with Giannis, he can hang with Simmons.

If Semi can just hit a reasonable % of 3's (1 out of 3?) it just might be a viable plan.

I'm more worried about the C's scoring consistently in any potential match-up than I am them defending consistently.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing... Semi Ojeleye has emerged as an interesting option to try to slow down Ben Simmons, at times. If he can hang with Giannis, he can hang with Simmons.

If Semi can just hit a reasonable % of 3's (1 out of 3?) it just might be a viable plan.

I'm more worried about the C's scoring consistently in any potential match-up than I am them defending consistently.

The Celtics are a very good defensive team so I'm not expecting the Sixers to light them up certainly.

But I'm curious to how the Celtics defend Simmons. He's such a weird unicorn of a player.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm curious to how the Celtics defend Simmons. He's such a weird unicorn of a player.
Agreed. Semi's a weird unicorn of a defender... it would be interesting if they tangle. ;)