• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st tyrod show airing tonight.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tyrod has looked all class on this show. Always reppin tech gear, always working out, always trying to learn more about the game.

Such a stark contrast from Cam Newton, who is doing an interview or promotion just about every second on the show. I wonder why he didn't do so hot at the combine? Probably because he wasn't working out as much as he should. I know he is going to be drafted at or near the top, but that does nothing to change my opinion that he is going to be a bust.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will likely be a huge fan of the team that drafts Tyrod. He is such a good fucking dude and a good rep for the Hokies. Also, I want that hat!!!!! the grey beanie!!!!

same here. i have always been more of a cfb fan, never got all that into NFL, so i dont really have a team that i'm crazy about. I do have a few teams that i dont like, so i just hope he doesnt go there...but i will definitely be watching whatever team he goes to

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys catch the second "3 for the show" tonight? I missed the first 20 minutes (damned DVR), but what i did catch was pretty cool. It showed some of Tyrods combine + a workout/film session with MV1. I think the part i missed was pretty much all about TT also.

BTW: IMO Vick seemed to really be able to help show tyrod "what nfl teams are looking for", TT seemed to be able to pick it up fairly well and was looked great after a little instruction.

At one point tyrod is drawing up a play on a white board and asks vick "i assume yall ran this" meaning at VT and vick replies "nah we never ran nothing like that". Idk i just thought that was an interesting comment, i didnt know whether to take it as "man VT's offense has came a long way" or "why the hell would you do that".

Just saw the show as I had DVR'd it and just got a chance to see it. This made me wonder too. I didn't know if it was Vick making fun of Stinespring or Vick saying the VT offense is more complicated now. Interesting.

Also, is Tyrod the man or what? I love Logan Thomas' potential, but good gosh I hate to see TT go. What a great ambassador for VT. What a great kid. Never have I wanted to see someone succeed in the NFL so bad.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Like i said i missed the first 20 minutes or so (for some reason my dvr didnt pick it up) anyway i caught it tonight.

The thing that caufht my attention in the part that i had missed was how impressed the QB coach was with Tyrod. He seemed really surprised that tyrod was taught to check the protection/routes @ the line. Tyrod also seemed to breeze through any of the questions he was asked. <---- in my mind that kinda sheds a new light on our offensive coaching staff, we should be showing this to recruits: that if they work hard, and soak in all they can, they can leave VT truly prepared for the NFL.

Also MV1 shocked me, he seemed almost as comfortable "coaching" as he is on the field. Maybe in a few years he wants to be a QB coach???

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said i missed the first 20 minutes or so (for some reason my dvr didnt pick it up) anyway i caught it tonight.

The thing that caufht my attention in the part that i had missed was how impressed the QB coach was with Tyrod. He seemed really surprised that tyrod was taught to check the protection/routes @ the line. Tyrod also seemed to breeze through any of the questions he was asked. <---- in my mind that kinda sheds a new light on our offensive coaching staff, we should be showing this to recruits: that if they work hard, and soak in all they can, they can leave VT truly prepared for the NFL.

Also MV1 shocked me, he seemed almost as comfortable "coaching" as he is on the field. Maybe in a few years he wants to be a QB coach???

He also seems like he's grown up quite a bit and is a much better speaker now.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last one on tonight at 8, espn

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will likely be a huge fan of the team that drafts Tyrod. He is such a good fucking dude and a good rep for the Hokies. Also, I want that hat!!!!! the grey beanie!!!!

Looks like I'm not going to be the only Ravens fan here anymore. :high5:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't catch tonight's show but did record it. Will have to check it out.

Smoke-
You are definitely not the only Ravens fan here in SportsHoopla-land!

Cantwell, Cantrell, GetsHisNoseBloodiedWell. It's all the same to me! Haha. <Insert Kobra Kai smiley here>

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when his pro day was but I hope hat does not hurt our relationship with him. He was having a good time at the spring game and I think that was after, but the whole mix up certainly cost him some draft placement.

The kid was cool about it. His coach was bitter. I just hope that he stays close with us. That was terrible. I hope the athletic office is seriously embarrassed today.

Also, why the fuck can't underclassmen catch balls at a pro day?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a lighter note:

"coach, coach!, COACH!"

"what you don't want to do it?"

"who is Andre, I'm Tyrod, I mean who is Andre?"

lol, yeah that was pretty funny.

it doesnt make sense to me either that underclassmen cant catch balls at a pro day. they didnt declare for the draft....by running a couple routes with no coverage, etc they arent going to have the scouts looking at them and saying "Wow! that guy can really catch a ball, in an empty practice facility, with no one covering him, etc...we have to have him, start working now!"

with a guy like Tyrod, i think it would take much more than that to screw up VTs relationship with him, he doesnt seem as petty as say, someone like Cam Newton.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know when his pro day was but I hope hat does not hurt our relationship with him. He was having a good time at the spring game and I think that was after, but the whole mix up certainly cost him some draft placement.

The kid was cool about it. His coach was bitter. I just hope that he stays close with us. That was terrible. I hope the athletic office is seriously embarrassed today.

Also, why the fuck can't underclassmen catch balls at a pro day?

Yea the whole underclassmen at pro days confused me. Scouts are going to see these guys in scrimmages, spring game, and actual games. The scouts were there for Tyrod, not an underclassman who has a full year or more left on the field to prove himself. What does it matter if they run a simple route and catch a ball, like they do every day in practice? I think it really hurt Tyrod having to only throw to DBs RBs and TEs instead of WRs. They were dropping perfectly thrown balls.