• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st tyrod show airing tonight.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The "sports science" with tyrod airs tonight @7 on espn.:cheer2:

The year of the quarter back "3 for the show" with tyrod, cam newton, and jake locker starts tuesday @ 8. :peace:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish those Sports Science guys could come up with a way to go back in time give Tyrod a redshirt year so he could play this season.:pray:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish those Sports Science guys could come up with a way to go back in time give Tyrod a redshirt year so he could play this season.:pray:

lol

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe we could swap Ru Williams' redshirt year with Tyrod's. That way, tyrod could play one more and Ru would HAVE to play one more. 18 games....18 games....not Billy Hite's best use of a redshirt. :/

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "sports science" with tyrod airs tonight @7 on espn.:cheer2:

The year of the quarter back "3 for the show" with tyrod, cam newton, and jake locker starts tuesday @ 8. :peace:

i enjoyed it, and will tune in next week if the flyers aren't playing

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah i watched also, seemed like tyrod got left out of the last little segment hope they show that (bowl game locker room + helmet microphone for OB/ACCcg) part next wk.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton are polar opposites of each other personality wise. Wow, what a contrast. Locker seems like a pretty cool kid too, though.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tyrod Taylor and Cam Newton are polar opposites of each other personality wise. Wow, what a contrast. Locker seems like a pretty cool kid too, though.

Yeah to be honest i always talk smack about Locker. Mostly because his results on the field dont match the hype that surrounds him, but after watching this show, i kinda like the guy. The speech the guy gave about locker (in the RV) had me fired up as hell.

Cam v/s Tyrod:
Cam is the type of guy that needs the nfl because if that doesnt work out his options are limited. Tyrod on the other hand doesnt "need" the nfl. If things dont work out for him, he has a great degree and personality to fall back on.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great episode. I am so proud to call guys like Tyrod my classmates. Cam is what I though Cam was. I don't see a long career for him but he will get a big first paycheck.

I liked Locker and cracked up when "he couldn't open his eyes"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good show for sure. i liked the different angles it took for each guy

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from kyle tuckers twitter:

Congrats to former #Hokies QB Tyrod Taylor (@TyTaylor5), who came off great in the first episode of "Three for the Show" on ESPN last nite.

Most interesting scene was a meeting between @TyTaylor5 and his parents and agent. Agent: "How long you been a QB?" Tyrod: "Since I was 5."

Then the agent, who really did his homework, broke out piles of charts demonstrating @TyTaylor5 had comparable passing stats to the top QBs.

Starting to think some NFL team will fall in love with @TyTaylor5's personality, poise and skills, overlook height, take him in Round 3-4.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I was going to post this before I saw the twitter reply by Kyle. But I think the camera capturing who he and his family truly are - respectful people with great character along with the stats and the other great information the agent produced might REALLY help Ty really be considered for a legit qb spot on a NFL team.

**Crossing finger - all he needs is a real chance.**

Other thoughts:

Cam Newton is a "me" first guy who will become another Vince Young in the NFL.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I was going to post this before I saw the twitter reply by Kyle. But I think the camera capturing who he and his family truly are - respectful people with great character along with the stats and the other great information the agent produced might REALLY help Ty really be considered for a legit qb spot on a NFL team.

**Crossing finger - all he needs is a real chance.**

Other thoughts:

Cam Newton is a "me" first guy who will become another Vince Young in the NFL.

thats basically what i pulled from the show too.

i already knew what to expect to see from tyrod's segments, and was impressed....i was liked the segments on Locker, seems like a good guy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something that really stood out to my roommate and i, every scene tyrod was in the VT logo on at least one of his articles of clothing

cam newton wore 0 auburn logos the entire show

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something that really stood out to my roommate and i, every scene tyrod was in the VT logo on at least one of his articles of clothing

now that you mention it, your right....i noticed all the VT gear TT was wearing...but i hadnt thought about Newton and the Auburn stuff

you notice too how it still seems like Cecil is running the show for Cam, where as Tyrods parents seemed to sit back and let him do his thing.

not sure if it was on this thread or on the main board, but something tells me Cam Newton might just be another Vince Young, or even Jamarcus Russell :vee:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess $180K bought his services, not his loyalty. Par for course

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Any of you guys catch the second "3 for the show" tonight? I missed the first 20 minutes (damned DVR), but what i did catch was pretty cool. It showed some of Tyrods combine + a workout/film session with MV1. I think the part i missed was pretty much all about TT also.

BTW: IMO Vick seemed to really be able to help show tyrod "what nfl teams are looking for", TT seemed to be able to pick it up fairly well and was looked great after a little instruction.

At one point tyrod is drawing up a play on a white board and asks vick "i assume yall ran this" meaning at VT and vick replies "nah we never ran nothing like that". Idk i just thought that was an interesting comment, i didnt know whether to take it as "man VT's offense has came a long way" or "why the hell would you do that".

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was really good. they focused on the time leading up to the combine for all 3 guys...showed jake locker hanging out at the super bowl...showed cam newton being a media whore...and showed tyrod working his ass off day in and day out.

I think if the teams are seeing the stuff thats being showed on here, Tyrod is really helping himself, and the show is really making Tyrod look like a great overall pick.