• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win both and all the chatter stops.
It won't stop with me, Mecca. I am still curious as to why the Lakers have been doing this during this 10-game winning streak by the Nuggies. Can anyone have this kind of dominant effect over the Lakers in the modern era like the one the Nuggets have had??!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bench, besides Prince, need to score baskets when they are in there. Not just play defense and then do nothing on offense.
Wood and Vandy returning should help.

But, the games are winnable if we get 4 starters to play like they are capable. We can't have 2 starters disappearing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, sure. The ball def needs to move more but why are the Lakers abandoning what got them those big leads even if the Nuggets make adjustments? Can't the Lakers go back to pounding it down low to AD in the Third and Fourth Quarters which was working all night long last evening??!!

It's what they're trying to do. When AD was running amok down low, the ball was moving, D-Lo was hitting shots and so was Lebron. That meant a lot of open and one on one shots for AD.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preferably both. lol
Well....

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't stop with me, Mecca. I am still curious as to why the Lakers have been doing this during this 10-game winning streak by the Nuggies. Can anyone have this kind of dominant effect over the Lakers in the modern era like the one the Nuggets have had??!!
Clippers…lol

IMG_1193.jpeg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what they're trying to do. When AD was running amok down low, the ball was moving, D-Lo was hitting shots and so was Lebron. That meant a lot of open and one on one shots for AD.
I thought so. Then why did they stop doing that? You could see it in the Third Quarter when they stopped moving the ball and peeps appeared to be standing around, yada, yada, yada!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. I think I am done bitching until the next game. Time to get some things done for the day. Great chatter as always with some of the best on this board. Always an edifying activity!!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52

Lakers snuffed out that Clipper domination and they will break the Nugz streak as well game 3.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so. Then why did they stop doing that? You could see it in the Third Quarter when they stopped moving the ball and peeps appeared to be standing around, yada, yada, yada!!

I'm not sure Lebron trusts anyone else late in games. Last night, for example, D-Lo was great in the 1st half, but didn't do much in the 2nd. Rui and Reaves hadn't done anything all game. So he tries to keep it to himself and AD.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood and Vandy returning should help.

But, the games are winnable if we get 4 starters to play like they are capable. We can't have 2 starters disappearing.

Vando is so sorely missed. Those loose rebounds and missed defensive rotations are killing the Lakers defensively with 2nd chance point opportunities.

Some coaching would be appreciated too. AD was dominant in the first half, with the added benefit of tiring out Jokic. AD misses a shot or two and suddenly he's out of the offensive plan. It's no surprise that as they went away from AD far too much in the 2nd half, Jokic emerged more and more offensively. On top of that, with AD not the focus, Lebron took on too much of the offense. Those two 3s were crucial though.

Too many missed layups and bunnies once again for the Lakers, but these games just seem to be tilted to the result we all expect.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vando is so sorely missed. Those loose rebounds and missed defensive rotations are killing the Lakers defensively with 2nd chance point opportunities.

Some coaching would be appreciated too. AD was dominant in the first half, with the added benefit of tiring out Jokic. AD misses a shot or two and suddenly he's out of the offensive plan. It's no surprise that as they went away from AD far too much in the 2nd half, Jokic emerged more and more offensively. On top of that, with AD not the focus, Lebron took on too much of the offense. Those two 3s were crucial though.

Too many missed layups and bunnies once again for the Lakers, but these games just seem to be tilted to the result we all expect.
Oh, I agree with all that.

You and I have been preaching all season about Ham and his bizarre coaching. It's showing up the last 2 games.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Lakers fans here not blaming the refs for the most part.. what a thankless job that must be. Don't lose hope. Your team has lost 2 games by a bucket and hasn't played at home yet. Not that I'm rooting for them as a very long time Lakers hater, but it's not over yet..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Lakers fans here not blaming the refs for the most part.. what a thankless job that must be. Don't lose hope. Your team has lost 2 games by a bucket and hasn't played at home yet. Not that I'm rooting for them as a very long time Lakers hater, but it's not over yet..
The fat lady is just warming up her vocals.

That's all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Lebron trusts anyone else late in games. Last night, for example, D-Lo was great in the 1st half, but didn't do much in the 2nd. Rui and Reaves hadn't done anything all game. So he tries to keep it to himself and AD.
I def think you are to something and I have seen this more often than not this year and for the better part of James's Lakers tenure. I thought it was just me but that pattern has been open and often for some time. Maybe this is the reason players like Reaves, Hachimura, and DRuss just disappear in games. They may be figuring James isn't going to trust them down the stretch, so why bother.