• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face rakes are legal as long as the ball has been released?
The only time that is not a foul is when the play is under review, that's a problem for the NBA.
If you don't like it, take it up with the NBA.
The point is the NBA needs to take it up with themselves.

A foul that is a foul anytime in a game except under review, needs to addressed.

As I mentioned prior, it's a bang/bang play. Slowing it down to see if the ball is released prior to getting hit in the head/face does not seem to be part of the game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time that is not a foul is when the play is under review, that's a problem for the NBA.

The point is the NBA needs to take it up with themselves. A foul that is a foul anytime except under review needs to addressed. As I mentioned prior, it's a bang/bang play. Slowing it down to see if the ball is released prior to getting hit in the head/face does not seem to be part of the game.
Unfortunately slowing anything down isn’t in the nbas plans. They would rather have the game over so they can switch to the next game on time over making sure things are right. Remember the one year where they were checking out of bounds in the last 2 minutes? That just disappeared the next season. The problem they have is they can’t seem to exercise common sense on any of this stuff. Some of those out of bounds calls that took 2 to 3 minutes should have been done very quickly, like 15 seconds.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it really does is show their excuse making and jealousy.
VLHfKO.gif

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think somebody is going to be fitted for Kareem goggles PDQ or at least they should.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The point is the NBA needs to take it up with themselves.

A foul that is a foul anytime in a game except under review, needs to addressed.

As I mentioned prior, it's a bang/bang play. Slowing it down to see if the ball is released prior to getting hit in the head/face does not seem to be part of the game.
I think they need to do away with this marginally contact explanation. I can see overturning calls where no foul happened but a foul with minimal contact is still a foul.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they call every contact on shots, screens, box outs, etc, a foul, there won’t be enough players left to field a team by the end of the first half. ;)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic, bksballer but so true! Therein lies yet another weakness that Ham and the Lakers have that the Nuggies have exploited. Again, James whining about the refereeing is yet another pile of crap this so-called "goat" candidate continues to propagate. Instead of looking in the mirror and addressing his own missed lay-ups, FTs and TOs, he points the finger at the easiest target, the Refs. And what the eff is Ham doing not developing his bench?

It is just the most lame behavior from a team that is not indicative of its rich history of winning championships. The Nuggets and Malone are just flat-out better and until James start behaving like a man of a a champions' heart, he simply is getting beat by a better team and that should be his focus as the so-called leader of his fellow players!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they call every contact on shots, screens, box outs, etc, a foul, there won’t be enough players left to field a team by the end of the first half. ;)

Sure, but if you've already called the foul and there was indeed contact, it shouldn't be reversible. They need to adopt the NFL guideline of if a call was made, you need clear and obvious proof that it didn't happen to overturn it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really surprising. The other bench players that have seen the court (Dinwiddie, Vincent, Hayes) have a grand total of 3 shot attempts through 2 games in a total of 57 minutes of court time. Vincent missed 2 3s and Dinwiddie missed 1 2pt attempt. Can't score if they won't shoot.

Prince has been the one willing bench shooter thus far, shooting 6-10 in his 42 total minutes played.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling LA wins this one. I think Denver gets off to another slow start but this time LA doesn’t blow it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling LA wins this one. I think Denver gets off to another slow start but this time LA doesn’t blow it.

I don't know. This could go really badly for the Lakers too. The anticipated return of Vando and Wood doesn't appear to be happening for tonight's game (although that injury report was from yesterday?). That and the increasing angst between the players and Ham....could be a big let down.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know how the game will go tonight if the Lakers come out in the Second Half and play with consistency and grit. If the First two games pattern of Denver starting slow and then taking both Second Half quarters occurs, the same result may follow and then it will probably be a sweep in this series as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that also but let's not underestimate Ham's ability to fuck things up.