• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st place??

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know when is the last time we have been in 1st place at any point of a season?? Cant remember having sole possession of 1st in forever

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 of 2007? 49ers were 2-0 with victories over the Cards and Rams.. and the Seahawks were 1-1

Nevermind, start of the 2009 season.. was kinda similar. Yeah, 2009 up until week 6 I think the 49ers had 1st place by themselves in the NFC West. Lost sole 1st place during their bye week as the Cardinals caught up.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly nice, but we all know how we do after we win our first 2 games. This is where we tend to get on a losing streak. Time to break that tradition.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna post something like this but really didn't want to go there...but since you have. ;)

I think it was another board, but I posted something about expectations during the offseason. With a new staff, the lockout and the return of Alex, I hoped to win the majority of our conference games and be competitive outside the division. So far, albeit on a very limited sample size, that has been the case.

Of course, with even tiny success, there comes hope and with hope there comes expectation. I'm definitely guilty which is why the Dallas game pissed me off so much. Fact of the matter is, we have decent enough talent and coaching to play middle of the road teams, but teams with exceptional players will be able to exploit match-ups against us. The nice thing is, this actually is improvement for us. I think yesterday's game was a game that prior regime's would have lost. I still think the division is up for grabs but I wouldn't expect us to dominate it or make any noise in the playoffs...(though stranger things have happened).

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place after 3 games isn't very impressive when you look at our division. I know that's not the point of the thread, I'm just saying. Dallas is the only good team we have played, and even though we could have won, we didn't. We beat two bad teams.