• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1620 The Zone Today

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did anyone listen to the last part of the show this morning? They were theorizing that Martinez is the starting QB b/c of 1 thing that was said.

Pelini said that one of the reasons he was not naming starters was to avoid a circus atmosphere. The hosts were saying if Lee was the starter it would not create a circus atmosphere but Martinez would.

Did anyone actually hear the quote or the radio show, anyone think this is true?

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if Martinez is starting then he must have really shown hte coaches something in camp, because from what I can tell Watson loved Lee...And even though IMO Lee has a crap load to prove to me he does have the experience and he can use that excuse that he was hurt all last season...So we shall see...But Watson just seems to love Lee, because last year he might not have been our best QB but he played every game.

So if Martinez is starting then he must have done something amazing during camp.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't hear it but I agree with what they said, if that's how they said it. I just posted the same thing on a different thread.

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
very good point 370 but if martinez is faster and can start as a freshmen, it will be interesting to see who was the better player ten years from now.

Huskers370z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
very good point 370 but if martinez is faster and can start as a freshmen, it will be interesting to see who was the better player ten years from now.
That is very true if he does start which im starting to hope he does for some reason. In four years he could be one of the best we have ever had

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously Crouch is better...Crouch in our memories was a studly JR and Senior...Martinez is a RS Frosh....But if Martinez is faster or as fast as Crouch right now then we might have a very serious threat at QB for a few years to come. Remember Crouch wasn't the greatest passer, but he was one hell of a tough individual and could break your ankles...If Martinez has his speed now and can develop a throwing arm...Let's just say we are all in for a treat.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Martinez is this Crouch like runner but I will believe it when I see it. I think we heard some crazy thing about Green last year.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna create a circus atmosphere no matter who is named..... I wouldn't look into it too much.......

If he names Lee... It will create a circus from all the green-martinez lovers

Vise Versa

Vise Versa

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is we really wont find out until around 6pm Saturday. Even then so many guys will see playing time I am not sure we will have a real answer.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things may not be set in stone until the Washington game.
I hope this isn't another season of a Wats offense not having an identity. "We want to do everything well" yada yada..

HuskerFan8807

HUGE member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ye if we truely plan on winning the conference and maybe more, we are going to have to have a solid QB, and consistant line play to make the RB's look good,
im not worried about our D it will be solid
but plain n simple if the offense doesnt improve from last year, all of our pre season hype, will be just a memory come mid october.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ye if we truely plan on winning the conference and maybe more, we are going to have to have a solid QB, and consistant line play to make the RB's look good,
im not worried about our D it will be solid
but plain n simple if the offense doesnt improve from last year, all of our pre season hype, will be just a memory come mid october.

I agree we need to be much better at offense to be thinking about 12-0, not sure we are there yet. But I hope I am wrong.