• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

12tm half PPR - drafting tonight, pick 3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jamaal williams and coop kupp at the next turn - might as well get the new crowder

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft went quickly - just waiting to take my kicker now

BigBen/Alex Smith
Zeke/Lamar/Lynch/AJones+JWilliams
Green/Evans/MarvJones/Kupp
Rudolph
Denver DST
some kicker guy

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft went quickly - just waiting to take my kicker now

BigBen/Alex Smith
Zeke/Lamar/Lynch/AJones+JWilliams
Green/Evans/MarvJones/Kupp
Rudolph
Denver DST
some kicker guy
Love all the WR's, RB1, and TE...lil iffy for my liking elsewhere. Especially don't trust Lamar.

Looks like a pretty solid contender overall

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love all the WR's, RB1, and TE...lil iffy for my liking elsewhere. Especially don't trust Lamar.

Looks like a pretty solid contender overall
I like Lamar. I'm a little iffy on your WRs after Evans and AJ. But if they perform to expectations, it shouldn't matter too much. You can always find a plug and play at WR. You can also always find a QB, which you may need to do as well. At least when Pittsburgh is playing away.

I agree that it is solid.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lamar. I'm a little iffy on your WRs after Evans and AJ. But if they perform to expectations, it shouldn't matter too much. You can always find a plug and play at WR. You can also always find a QB, which you may need to do as well. At least when Pittsburgh is playing away.

I agree that it is solid.
The team is praying a guy with a torn Achilles comes and takes his job...what's to like?? ;)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid to say it after the fact since it doesn't help you now but you probably should have gone RB again after the Miller pick instead of Jones since you went WR/WR at 2 and 3. You're looking a little weak there because of it especially if Miller is just hohum (which he tends to be at any given moment. I know this, I owned him last year to my frustrations). Being that you already have 2 WRs that are gonna start every week, getting Jones doesn't help all that much, especially since I think there's actually a lot of useful WRs in the 6th round all the way until the end of the draft. RBs that you can feel comfortable with dry up around round 5 and 6.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is praying a guy with a torn Achilles comes and takes his job...what's to like?? ;)
The biggest threat to his job is some bum with a blown Achilles.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a solid team. Think it’s a typical Monkey roster where WRs are the strength of your team, but with Zeke your RBs aren’t bad at all. Surprised that you were able to get both Evans and Green from the position you drafted from.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Gruden going old school and screwing up the Raiders, why does Lynch seem to be on everyone's radar? Esp if the offense won't be good? Kind of like the Drake owners. Why add RB from bad teams? Am I missing something?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid to say it after the fact since it doesn't help you now but you probably should have gone RB again after the Miller pick instead of Jones since you went WR/WR at 2 and 3. You're looking a little weak there because of it especially if Miller is just hohum (which he tends to be at any given moment. I know this, I owned him last year to my frustrations). Being that you already have 2 WRs that are gonna start every week, getting Jones doesn't help all that much, especially since I think there's actually a lot of useful WRs in the 6th round all the way until the end of the draft. RBs that you can feel comfortable with dry up around round 5 and 6.

That’s a solid team. Think it’s a typical Monkey roster where WRs are the strength of your team, but with Zeke your RBs aren’t bad at all. Surprised that you were able to get both Evans and Green from the position you drafted from.

honestly - I should have taken D Freeman instead of Evans, imo, to solidify RB better

there was just something about both Green and Evans making it back to me both times in a half PPR league that was too tempting in the heat of the draft

and agree wholeheartedly and knew that taking Marv Jones was a luxury pick, but that was WR21 in the draft (which I think he'll outperform and be a top 15 WR), and the RBs available were Dion Lewis, Tevin Coleman, Michel, Jones II, K Johnson, Penny - all guys that I just wasn't thrilled with

Lamar/Lynch/Jamaal Williams don't bring any fireworks, also in agreement, but to start the year, for the first 2-3 games, I know they'll be getting lots of touches on what *should be* improved offenses as a whole with Watson back and Gruden in the fold.

and yes, RB is always my primary focus off the waiver wire, waiting for an injury or two and hoping I have the right lottery ticket a week early or near the top spot in waiver order

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of Gruden going old school and screwing up the Raiders, why does Lynch seem to be on everyone's radar? Esp if the offense won't be good? Kind of like the Drake owners. Why add RB from bad teams? Am I missing something?

ideally i wont need to play him, but i still think he's a good bet for 220-250 carries this season if the raiders offense improves at all over last year and he stays healthy of course

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was great to read... I pick tomm 12 man money league at the 3rd spot in snake draft...

Anything you would of changed @SmokingMonkey or anyone you should of picked a round earlier...???????????

Thanks,
-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also always find a QB, which you may need to do as well. At least when Pittsburgh is playing away.

1) no love for Alex Smith, who is walking into pretty much the same Gruden-led team that produced top 10 Kirk Cousins for multiple seasons?

2) BigBen was good on the road last year - better W-L record and more efficient on the road. Not sure I'm still buying that false narrative

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was great to read... I pick tomm 12 man money league at the 3rd spot in snake draft...

Anything you would of changed @SmokingMonkey or anyone you should of picked a round earlier...???????????

Thanks,
-DUB-

D Freeman in the 2nd or 3rd, when I had 2 swings at him, shoulda been a hit but again - I like having Green and Evans - big dogs among the pack at WR

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey the recent injuries and illness to cowboys o line doesn't bother you?

if you would of taken AB at the 3rd spot first round... then you would of pulled trigger on freeman 2nd round no questions....?

-DUB-

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey the recent injuries and illness to cowboys o line doesn't bother you?

if you would of taken AB at the 3rd spot first round... then you would of pulled trigger on freeman 2nd round no questions....?

-DUB-

id have taken David Johnson if I was scared off on Zeke before dipping into the WR pool - only half ppr, not full
but yes - if I go WR in the 1st round, I want CMC, D Freeman, or someone like that to fall to me in the 2nd

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly - I should have taken D Freeman instead of Evans, imo, to solidify RB better

there was just something about both Green and Evans making it back to me both times in a half PPR league that was too tempting in the heat of the draft

and agree wholeheartedly and knew that taking Marv Jones was a luxury pick, but that was WR21 in the draft (which I think he'll outperform and be a top 15 WR), and the RBs available were Dion Lewis, Tevin Coleman, Michel, Jones II, K Johnson, Penny - all guys that I just wasn't thrilled with

Lamar/Lynch/Jamaal Williams don't bring any fireworks, also in agreement, but to start the year, for the first 2-3 games, I know they'll be getting lots of touches on what *should be* improved offenses as a whole with Watson back and Gruden in the fold.

and yes, RB is always my primary focus off the waiver wire, waiting for an injury or two and hoping I have the right lottery ticket a week early or near the top spot in waiver order

That makes more sense with the Marvin Jones pick if that's what was available at RB. None of those are really any potentially solid RB2/flex guys imo if Miller goes bust and you could probably get guys that might be later on (like Barber, Peterson, whoever wins out in Indy). I'm also not that big on Jones this year so that was part of it. I think his numbers will dip with Golladay back. With all three of those Lions WRs healthy, I could see some of their numbers dip so that's why I think their ADP for Tate and Jones (mostly him) are about a round or 2 too high