• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/31 CFB Semi-Final #2 Georgia - Ohio St ESPN

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again officiating favored the other team, and they got away with knocking our guy out of the game. Fvck them.

Mmk

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan.
Only one team in B1G that I want to win. I will never root for another team in the conference.

I take that back. If any team not named osu played nd then I would pull for them. If it’s osu and nd playing, I would pull for the meteorite to hit dead center of the stadium.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one team in B1G that I want to win. I will never root for another team in the conference.

I take that back. If any team not named osu played nd then I would pull for them. If it’s osu and nd playing, I would pull for the meteorite to hit dead center of the stadium.

noted.png

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Georgia Bulldogs and their fans (cant remember if any Georgia fans post here). Good luck in the championship game.
on behalf of my son, a slobbering Dawg, your sportsmanship is appreciated... thank you.
anybody who loves CFB saw four of the nation's most talent-laden teams play two of the most exciting games ever.
great way to finish the year

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't continue to split hairs on targeting like that. You launch yourself at the head of defenseless player and you're gone. If we don't fix this, pretty soon no one's gonna want to play for fear of having their career ended.
As long as that applies to offensive players also. Running backs are never called when they lower their heads to get more yards and often draw fouls defensive players trying to tackle them. The defensive guy goes for a low tackle and is called for targeting when runner head was not the target, but in a fraction of a second, they hit helmets.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again officiating favored the other team, and they got away with knocking our guy out of the game. Fvck them.
Whats interesting is that a staff member on Bucknuts 247 questioned that play in a post game interview and I guess it was brought up further to the officiating chair, the question was never answered. I think they knew they blew this call. Unfortunately it's over and it's a stab in the back much like our devastating loss to Clemson a few years ago. Whether it was targeting or not, at the very least it should have been a penalty which would have most likely had a different outcome of this game. Just can't catch a break.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw where Saben felt the committee should have put Alabama in over either Ohio State or TCU. This is based on his beating Kansas State who beat TCU.
He must feel Alabama has a divine right to be in the playoff regardless on any losses they might suffer.

Using his criteria, we can probably back into almost any school using the "they beat team A, which beat team B, which beat team C and on and one until they should be in the playoff".

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it wasn’t just that call either. There were 2 other critical bad calls that saved GA. It was deliberate. Though the targeting reversal was the most egregious. I’ve seen dozens of lesser targeting hits stand. And usually the victim has stayed in the game. Harrison is injured and can’t return. Plain as day. Easy call. Really makes me wonder how long Vegas has been wired into the refs ear piece.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t launch at his head.

It wasn't a tackle. He went in as hard as he could with one purpose in mind. And yes, he hit him in the head. It should have been a personal foul at the very least... which I've seen called many times for much less. Fvck the officials for helping UGA and fvck 22 from UGA for being a POS.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats interesting is that a staff member on Bucknuts 247 questioned that play in a post game interview and I guess it was brought up further to the officiating chair, the question was never answered. I think they knew they blew this call. Unfortunately it's over and it's a stab in the back much like our devastating loss to Clemson a few years ago. Whether it was targeting or not, at the very least it should have been a penalty which would have most likely had a different outcome of this game. Just can't catch a break.

Officials also helped give the gave to UGA when they gave fat kirby a timeout the second the ball was snapped allowing UGA to see OSU's play.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Buckeye fan. I couldnt give a sweet holy fuck about the rest of the big10. And I damn sure wont ever root for Michigan to win a national title because of "big10 good, sec bad", you gotta be kidding me with that nonsense

I think big games that get a lot of attention are good for the program. No one wants to see OSU face a winless UM team, but 2 versus 3 gets a lot of attention and exposure. While I don't sit an pull for other BIG teams to win, I'd rather they look good than stink it up and make some team from some other conference look good. Whatever helps the conference look good also helps OSU look good.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it wasn’t just that call either. There were 2 other critical bad calls that saved GA. It was deliberate. Though the targeting reversal was the most egregious. I’ve seen dozens of lesser targeting hits stand. And usually the victim has stayed in the game. Harrison is injured and can’t return. Plain as day. Easy call. Really makes me wonder how long Vegas has been wired into the refs ear piece.

Yup, the calls definitely favored UGA. Screwed once again by the officials.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials also helped give the gave to UGA when they gave fat kirby a timeout the second the ball was snapped allowing UGA to see OSU's play.
This^^ I mean just after the ball is snapped already and suddenly the ref comes out to kill the play. It's mind-boggling how people fail to acknowledge that some of the obvious calls were reversed in favor for the home team. This is not the first time the Buckeyes have gotten hosed by the officiating. This is up there with the Clemson playoff game a few years ago.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^ I mean just after the ball is snapped already and suddenly the ref comes out to kill the play. It's mind-boggling how people fail to acknowledge that some of the obvious calls were reversed in favor for the home team. This is not the first time the Buckeyes have gotten hosed by the officiating. This is up there with the Clemson playoff game a few years ago.
Yep. Bingo
The time out on the truck play was major bulkshit. Especially when team Smart and refs saw the truck play worked.

Think how much the outcome probably would have changed if just 1 of the three screw job calls would not have happened.
Don’t know how any objective cfb fan couldn’t acknowledge those obvious BS calls

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Day and the AD come out with a press conference and go over all three plays in detail with video and condemn the officiating. And tell the ncaa they can take their fines and shove them up their asses.

The bad calls were blatantly obvious

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Bingo
The time out on the truck play was major bulkshit. Especially when team Smart and refs saw the truck play worked.

Think how much the outcome probably would have changed if just 1 of the three screw job calls would not have happened.
Don’t know how any objective cfb fan couldn’t acknowledge those obvious BS calls

The outcome is that OSU wins. Even dipsh!t kirby acknowledged that.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Day and the AD come out with a press conference and go over all three plays in detail with video and condemn the officiating. And tell the ncaa they can take their fines and shove them up their asses.

The bad calls were blatantly obvious

:nono: You can't say one bad word about the POS zebras. Even though these amazing individuals can watch replay after replay in slow motion and still can't get sh!t right.