• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/2/14 Dubs vs ORL 730p Tip off

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, why can't folks drive correctly in the rain? You either get slow Priuses driving in the passing lane, or you have wannabe F1 drivers trying to go 90mph in a 55 zone in a downpour.

Help me out here, folks from other countries, do you have better drivers out there? Or are they just terrible worldwide?

Klay and Steph questionable per Poole

Dubs going for 10th in a row, they already beat ORL a few days ago, so they should be familiar with the roster. I expect the same formula, good defense, lots of Speights off the bench, and possibly a D.Lee debut in garbage time.

Dubs win 105-83?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too concerned about Klay's quad contusion, but Curry's ankles cause most Dub fans a bit of anxiety. It would be great to be able to rest him and give him until Thursday to better recover. The winning streak is nice, but Steph's long-term availability is of far greater importance. If he needs the rest, it will give Livingston a chance to step up, and the team can prove that they are far more than just one superstar.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Orlando putting up much of a fight against the Dubs on the road. Having said that, one cannot underestimate Curry's game to game management of the offense. He just gets everyone involved and many of his great, sharp and crisp passes that don't lead directly to an assist end up being the pass BEFORE the assist to the basket. Meaning, I really don't feel too great if the Warriors are without Curry, but I guess if they might be without him it may as well be at home against Orlando.

For more about me and my opinions, click onto my blog at:

www.Godwhywontthatguyshutup.com

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Orlando putting up much of a fight against the Dubs on the road. Having said that, one cannot underestimate Curry's game to game management of the offense. He just gets everyone involved and many of his great, sharp and crisp passes that don't lead directly to an assist end up being the pass BEFORE the assist to the basket. Meaning, I really don't feel too great if the Warriors are without Curry, but I guess if they might be without him it may as well be at home against Orlando.

For more about me and my opinions, click onto my blog at:

www.Godwhywontthatguyshutup.com

Nice website name? Is that what your wife says when you go on a rant? :rollseyes: , I'm just teasing.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was nice to see an exciting finish. Most of the games these season have been boring. Not that I'm complaining. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice website name? Is that what your wife says when you go on a rant? :rollseyes: , I'm just teasing.

Something to that effect.

You do know I was joking about having a blog, eh? Many times while typing I think to myself "well maybe they don't want to hear EVERY THOUGHT YOU HAVE".

My tv wasn't working this morning (DIRECTV) and I had to reset it. After it kicked in, I noticed that it didn't tape any of my shows (and the Dubs' game) last night. Was certainly glad to see we won, but how did we manage to barely beat Orlando at home?

Last edited by a moderator:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even more impressive than the team's ability to overcome a nine point deficit in the blink of an eye is the critical reflection from players like Curry and Bogut following the exciting victory. Without beating themselves up, they identified specific poor judgements and general reasons for struggling at times. They and Kerr all gave credit to Orlando and said that they were fortunate to come out with a win.

That kind of talk tells me that their aspirations for both standard of play and playoff performance are as high as anyone's in the league. Oh yeah!

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, why can't folks drive correctly in the rain? You either get slow Priuses driving in the passing lane, or you have wannabe F1 drivers trying to go 90mph in a 55 zone in a downpour.

Help me out here, folks from other countries, do you have better drivers out there? Or are they just terrible worldwide?

Ha my wife's family if from Philly... she says the best way to turn a Californian into an idiot is to "just add water"

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even more impressive than the team's ability to overcome a nine point deficit in the blink of an eye is the critical reflection from players like Curry and Bogut following the exciting victory. Without beating themselves up, they identified specific poor judgements and general reasons for struggling at times. They and Kerr all gave credit to Orlando and said that they were fortunate to come out with a win.

That kind of talk tells me that their aspirations for both standard of play and playoff performance are as high as anyone's in the league. Oh yeah!

I was just thinking the same thing. This team is dangerous

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking the same thing. This team is dangerous

If the 3 key guys (Curry, Bogut, Thompson) are healthy for the playoffs they can beat anyone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Dubs are falling behind teams they shouldn't be and then having to turn it on at the end. 10 games in a row is great but don't take any team for granted or start reading your press clippings boys.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great teams can turn it on and off. I'll say that the schedule has been soft, but they're doing exactly what they should be.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha my wife's family if from Philly... she says the best way to turn a Californian into an idiot is to "just add water"

You don't need water for that, on a good sunny day, drivers are idiots here in Cali, throw some water and its demolition derby out there.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to that effect.

You do know I was joking about having a blog, eh? Many times while typing I think to myself "well maybe they don't want to hear EVERY THOUGHT YOU HAVE".

My tv wasn't working this morning (DIRECTV) and I had to reset it. After it kicked in, I noticed that it didn't tape any of my shows (and the Dubs' game) last night. Was certainly glad to see we won, but how did we manage to barely beat Orlando at home?

I haven't watched the second half yet, but D.Green was cold from the 3point line, and later in the 1st injured his hand falling out of bounds. He was out of control again and instead of finishing strong, he missed badly and fell onto camera people.

OT: Camera People and Cheerleaders, courtside seats are way to close to the action, move them back a few feet and give the players room to fall onto padding or softer surfaces.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching 2nd half,

Main reason why ORL was so close to winning?

Dubs 8-27 from 3pt land. Shot 30-55 from the field otherwise, they heaved a lot of 3's for no good reason. Without Vucekvic in there, ORL didn't really have a rim protector. AI#9 passed up a few point blank looks for no good reason.

When Bogut had to rest, ORL basically attacked the rim at will. Quinn looks like a nice player for them.

Steph hit the game winning 3, but Klay hit 3 of them to get the Dubs back in the game late.

Overall sloppy game, still glad Dubs pulled this out, can they play a full 48 min game against CHI next?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the second half yet, but D.Green was cold from the 3point line, and later in the 1st injured his hand falling out of bounds. He was out of control again and instead of finishing strong, he missed badly and fell onto camera people.

OT: Camera People and Cheerleaders, courtside seats are way to close to the action, move them back a few feet and give the players room to fall onto padding or softer surfaces.

Agreed. There's no room any more to take a Larry Bird dive sliding out of bounds any more. It might take a few of the people on the sidelines or more players getting hurt to effect this change.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching 2nd half,

Main reason why ORL was so close to winning?

Dubs 8-27 from 3pt land. Shot 30-55 from the field otherwise, they heaved a lot of 3's for no good reason. Without Vucekvic in there, ORL didn't really have a rim protector. AI#9 passed up a few point blank looks for no good reason.

When Bogut had to rest, ORL basically attacked the rim at will. Quinn looks like a nice player for them.

Steph hit the game winning 3, but Klay hit 3 of them to get the Dubs back in the game late.

Overall sloppy game, still glad Dubs pulled this out, can they play a full 48 min game against CHI next?

Good teams find ways to win no matter what....but why are you looking ahead to the Bulls game?
(Did you forget that we have a game to play tonight against the Pelicans?)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* ftr: I have no problem w/ Steph, Klay, Dray, Iggy, or HB taking 3's (it's part of their arsenal) ...but Kerr has to tell Barbosa to not shoot so many of those...especially if one of those other sharpshooters are on the floor as the better go to option.