• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/15/2015: Lakers vs Bucks

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on winning and Philly will own two top five picks. Way to go, Lakers - the Jim Buss era is a sight to behold in professional sport.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep on winning and Philly will own two top five picks. Way to go, Lakers - the Jim Buss era is a sight to behold in professional sport.

Gonna need lottery luck anyway. We pretty much have to be #1 worst record to ensure we keep it. Otherwise we could end up like NY last year (#2 going in but get bumped to #4)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. even if L.A. stinks to high Heaven the rest of the way out it ain't like a top pick's in the bag...

but it WAS nice to see a bit of a cross-section of what this team might look like in the future...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp this game is basically over. Damn winning for no reason at all. We need to do a better job of tanking.

They can't lose them all. I still think they have an excellent chance to keep the top 3 protected draft pick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?!? As DJ said, "they can't lose them all."

The Lakers have the 2nd worst record in the league and no one is outtanking Philly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna need lottery luck anyway. We pretty much have to be #1 worst record to ensure we keep it. Otherwise we could end up like NY last year (#2 going in but get bumped to #4)

Exactly. The best thing for the Lakers to do is just concentrate on getting through the season while developing the young guys. If the end result is keeping the pick, great. But the chances of keeping it aren't something they can really count on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it WAS nice to see a bit of a cross-section of what this team might look like in the future...

I like the way Randle and Russell are playing, especially Russell. He looks like he's starting to figure out that he's pretty good.

Kobe seems to be figuring out how to best play with these young guys as well. His shot selection is better, his percentages are going up and he's getting more assists. It'll be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way Randle and Russell are playing, especially Russell. He looks like he's starting to figure out that he's pretty good.

Kobe seems to be figuring out how to best play with these young guys as well. His shot selection is better, his percentages are going up and he's getting more assists. It'll be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season.

Russ is coming around as well. Scott may have known what he was doing in benching him. Kupchak has recently come out and said they need to earn their minutes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with everyone. The Lakers won-loss record only gets the number of balls in the bin increased or decreased. Just like last year, the worse the record the better the chances of getting a higher pick. There is no guarantee Philadelphia will get the top pick although their chances are improved with more pin-pong balls in the hopper. The Lakers can win now and then and still get a top three protected selection as indicated by TJF12 and others.

Russell is really playing well as is Randle, Clarkson, and Nance Jr. Randle and Carkson have nagging ankle injuries but it is really heartening to see this young core beginning to slowly come together and play explosive basketball. That was fun to watch last night with Kobe facilitating and it all looked real good! Even Freakin Sacre had quality minutes, made some shots, played some intimidating D, and fulfilled his role very well. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bass has been playing the five for some time now, directed by Scott's move. Since they sent Black down, Sacre moves into relief for Hibbert since the Bass experiment was a total disaster. HE now moves back to his natural position of a four and did not see playing time last night. Again, some of Scott's moves are just mind-boggling.

Overall, last night's game was really a window of things to come. I am indeed stoked and if Jeannie takes over, the best is yet to come.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All last year we heard from folks like you, getting pissy with every win. They ended up with the #2 pick. Why not enjoy watching the growth of the youth and let the chips fall where they do? That pick is top 3 protected next season as well. It more than likely gets conveyed this season or next.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is coming around as well. Scott may have known what he was doing in benching him. Kupchak has recently come out and said they need to earn their minutes.

The only part of Scott knowing what he was doing with having D'Lo come off the bench is that he is at least coming of the bench with Randle. The more those two play together the better.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with everyone. The Lakers won-loss record only gets the number of balls in the bin increased or decreased. Just like last year, the worse the record the better the chances of getting a higher pick. There is no guarantee Philadelphia will get the top pick although their chances are improved with more pin-pong balls in the hopper. The Lakers can win now and then and still get a top three protected selection as indicated by TJF12 and others.

Russell is really playing well as is Randle, Clarkson, and Nance Jr. Randle and Carkson have nagging ankle injuries but it is really heartening to see this young core beginning to slowly come together and play explosive basketball. That was fun to watch last night with Kobe facilitating and it all looked real good! Even Freakin Sacre had quality minutes, made some shots, played some intimidating D, and fulfilled his role very well. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bass has been playing the five for some time now, directed by Scott's move. Since they sent Black down, Sacre moves into relief for Hibbert since the Bass experiment was a total disaster. HE now moves back to his natural position of a four and did not see playing time last night. Again, some of Scott's moves are just mind-boggling.

Overall, last night's game was really a window of things to come. I am indeed stoked and if Jeannie takes over, the best is yet to come.

Yep. You and I were continuing the yeoman work we did last season on the Lakers-Bucks thread last night.

We're co-MVP's!!!! :pound:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe deferring more to Lakers' young players, says Scott

Now, Bryant's minutes are down, his shot selection has improved and, for the time being, the third-leading scorer in NBA history appears to have found more of a balance between trying to take over games and deferring to his younger teammates.

"I just relax and just teach," Bryant said. "If the plays are there, I take them. Whatever is in front of me, the play, I make it. If there's an opportunity I see to teach, I do that. I've been able to find a balance in doing both and I feel very comfortable in doing that right now."

"When we move the ball, the mindset definitely changes," said second-year guard Jordan Clarkson, who had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals. "This is the blueprint for how we got to play every game"

Said Randle of Bryant's deferring more: "It's huge for us. It opens up the game so much. We know he can score, but his playmaking is very underrated. When he makes plays for us along with his scoring, it makes it a lot easier."

This is the Kobe that the team needs this season. Hopefully he keeps this up and doesn't revert to his earlier chucking ways.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo lakersrule. Kobe finally gets it. I am sure this revelation is motivated by his aging body!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clarkson is a free agent this coming offseason.....

He's a restricted free agent, the Lakers can and should match any offer made to him in the offseason. They will have plenty of money, unless teams want to drastically overpay then he will most likely remain a Laker.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can never root for losing just keep playing hard and improving. If we lose the pick, by winning, I am okay with that. Now let's. Beat Dwight mare!