• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #11 UCLA @ #15 ASU

RoyHobbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a total beat down. UCLA rolling. Did ASU bring a defense tonight? Like any defense?

Our defense won't surprise anybody, but all of the big breaks went our way tonight. Giving up close to 500 yards in the air is nothing to hang your hat on. But it still counts as a W in the standings.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I questioned Graham trying to squeeze in one last play with about 11s stopped on the clock and left in the half with no time outs by saying he should just kick the field goal and tie the game up at 20.

Instead he pushes the issue, Mike B throws the pick 6 and suddenly we have a 10 pt Bruin lead at the half instead of a game knotted up at 20.

Maybe Graham learns a lesson this time but he certainly didn't remember the finish of the Wisky v ASU game a year ago....

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that for a minute. Maybe Brett is :noidea: I think Jim left it up to Hundley and Hundley wanted to play...

JMHO

Would that make it better?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense won't surprise anybody, but all of the big breaks went our way tonight. Giving up close to 500 yards in the air is nothing to hang your hat on. But it still counts as a W in the standings.

It's a 4 quarter game, not 2 and ASU has some offensive weapons.

Still, UCLA went on the road and completely destroyed their defense. When you can do that on the road you are dangerous.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that make it better?
I'm not about making excuses here DayMan.

It is what it is....

Hundley stayed in school for a reason, I'm sure he has certain goals.. He's was virtually out of the discussion for the Heisman watch, the competition is fierce!

Tonight's performance may have put his name back in the hat so I guess it is his call...

Right or Wrong, it is what it is...

Oh the reason I don't think it's a Mora thing ....

Jimbo only cares about one stat, and that the one that puts a W by the game results...

That it!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not about making excuses here DayMan.

It is what it is....

Hundley stayed in school for a reason, I'm sure he has certain goals.. He's was virtually out of the discussion for the Heisman watch, the competition is fierce!

Tonight's performance may have put his name back in the hat so I guess it is his call...

Right or Wrong, it is what it is...

Oh the reason I don't think it's a Mora thing ....

Jimbo only cares about one stat, and that the one that puts a W by the game results...

That it!

I didn't really think you were trying to make excuses. And you may be right. But whether Mora made the call or he let Hundley decide, he still let him stay in and take hits when the game was long decided. Which seems even more crazy with the game he had...

Either way, you guys looked damn good. Congrats! :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really think you were trying to make excuses. And you may be right. But whether Mora made the call or he let Hundley decide, he still let him stay in and take hits when the game was long decided. Which seems even more crazy with the game he had...

Either way, you guys looked damn good. Congrats! :suds:
Thanks brudda!!

:suds:

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ASU get the coin toss right? How did they lose?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I questioned Graham trying to squeeze in one last play with about 11s stopped on the clock and left in the half with no time outs by saying he should just kick the field goal and tie the game up at 20.

Instead he pushes the issue, Mike B throws the pick 6 and suddenly we have a 10 pt Bruin lead at the half instead of a game knotted up at 20.

Maybe Graham learns a lesson this time but he certainly didn't remember the finish of the Wisky v ASU game a year ago....

I don't think there's a lesson to be learned.. it's in his nature.