• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 of 12 limited partners want Tomlin out

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's music to my ears, it most likely wont result in a change. Check out ProFootballTalk.com for the article by Mike Florio.

Someone in the comment section said Belichick would be undefeated with our roster. LOL, maybe.

I'm a big fan of Munchak myself if a change were to be made. We have enough offense to win almost every game and to be out of the playoffs at this juncture is unacceptable. Starting to hear more and more about the owners and fans getting tired and embarrassed by Tomlin and some of his players and their actions over the past few seasons.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited partners are nothing more than glorified fans. Art Rooney II will make this decision without this 'lobby' being a decisive factor. And he should tell those limited partners to know their role & shut their mouths.

But I said it before... This is Art's first major decision without Dan in the picture. Could be interesting to see whether or not he continues the Rooney way or takes this team in a different direction.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to give coach T one more season, possibly. But we can't be kept hostage much longer if it is holding us from reaching our goals. Sometimes enough is just enough.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's music to my ears, it most likely wont result in a change. Check out ProFootballTalk.com for the article by Mike Florio.

Someone in the comment section said Belichick would be undefeated with our roster. LOL, maybe.

I'm a big fan of Munchak myself if a change were to be made. We have enough offense to win almost every game and to be out of the playoffs at this juncture is unacceptable. Starting to hear more and more about the owners and fans getting tired and embarrassed by Tomlin and some of his players and their actions over the past few seasons.
So Florio wants us to believe that the Limited Partners are leaking team business to the press 2 days after the season ends, RIGHT!!! BS!!!!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited partners are nothing more than glorified fans. Art Rooney II will make this decision without this 'lobby' being a decisive factor. And he should tell those limited partners to know their role & shut their mouths.

But I said it before... This is Art's first major decision without Dan in the picture. Could be interesting to see whether or not he continues the Rooney way or takes this team in a different direction.
If he learned anything from his father, it's not just the Rooney way, it's the Steeler way. No way you completely change that less than a year after Dan's death. I expect minor changes only in the Steeler way for now such as letting MT and Ben have more input into retaining Haley and his replacement if he's shown the door.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to give coach T one more season, possibly. But we can't be kept hostage much longer if it is holding us from reaching our goals. Sometimes enough is just enough.
The most frustrating part is realizing how quickly the SB window is closing, and seeing all this elite level talent wasted. This was supposed to be their year. Everyone was finally healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he learned anything from his father, it's not just the Rooney way, it's the Steeler way. No way you completely change that less than a year after Dan's death. I expect minor changes only in the Steeler way for now such as letting MT and Ben have more input into retaining Haley and his replacement if he's shown the door.
Very good point. I doubt anything changes but it was an interesting thought.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wrote this in the media thread... But in a way I'm glad this 5% of ownership (aka the limited partners) are applying this hollow pressure. Whether they are doing it to actually achieve anything or not, some sort of pressure needs to be applied if Art won't do it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense here. They have no power and I doubt he would change the ways instilled by Dan Rooney as stated above.

Also they would have to hire a similar coach (aka Players coach) due to the veteran talent. Who truly would be a better fit they could hire right now this late in the coaching carousel?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least Munchak would have better situational coaching awareness. He played the game for many years. And he would know better than to run a pitch sweep twice in a row against the fastest defense in the league on 3rd & 4th down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaaa... This is awesome news!!!

Don't really know what I think of Munchak as an OC yet though. I'd prefer Fichtner if it means handing Ben more power over the offense. But Munch could mean to do the same.

@ATL96Steeler @Ewa PGH Fan @thedddd @Bridgeburner @Superbelt @Psych-Ward @NorthCoastSteelersFan

I think Ben wants Fichtner and with him stating publicly he would play next season before the Jags game...something tells me that he knew Haley was on his way out and he would get Fichtner before it happened.

Tomlin...it wouldn't bother me much to see this staff turned over, but I've said this before...they're not to pull the rug from under Ben in his last two yrs and have him start over. Could Coach Munch take over if Tomlin were to get canned...I think so, but I just don't see it happening.

I think Ben and Tomlin are joined at the hip. Once Ben retires, Tomlin may get a yr or two to turn it around, but no more.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Cowherd earlier (I know) and he was saying how Ben is tired of Tomlin's act. He mentioned this was the 7th time since October of 2016 where Ben has publicly thrown Tomlin under the bus with the whole not being allowed to change the play to a QB sneak. Ben has mentioned that the Steelers do not have a team of grown ups and the Patriots do which falls on Tomlin. I don't think a move will be made on Tomlin right now but it's sounding like this team had better win it all next season and those should be the expectations of this franchise.

I will say this and I cant speak for any of you but I've been taking this loss pretty tough. I mean, between last season and this , I can not believe this team did not win it all in at least one of these seasons with this talent. Even with # 50 out. We have the offensive talent to outscore ANYONE! Feels like a big waste of time and talent. At least, last year Bell got hurt right away in the AFCCG and it was over. But I really thought they would have made sure to beat Jax this time around. Then go to NE and finally do something they've never done and possibly put an end to NE. And yes all of that would mean nothing without winning the Super Bowl o they would have need to complete the job.

Like they say, wins and losses are a great way to judge a team. But this isn't any ordinary team. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers. And they are judged by SUPER BOWL WINS! And we're coming upon a decade without a Super Bowl title. And that is simply unacceptable.