• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10/10/17: Astros/Dodgers advance, Cubs/Yankees win

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, we will revisit on Thursday morning....I know youre a standup gal, thats good enough, but Im not gonna make you sport a Yankee avatar if they lose tomorrow night.......To be continued

That's kind of you, but a bet's a bet. At the very least, I'll be wearing an avi of your choice starting Thursday. If you don't give me one, I'll just pick a Yankee logo. I'd just rather not put it on while the series is still going.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could potentially be looking at all championship series teams being from the 4 biggest cities in the U.S. That would be huge for baseball

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, Taxes and the Nationals choking in October.

All are guarantees.

Could be, but I think the Cubs are the best team in the NL right now. I don't think losing a 5-game series to them should be considered choking.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Now we've got Brantley instead (who's a great hitter, but too damn rusty from his time off).

Also, last night when Kipnis failed to throw Todd Fucking Fraizer out on a relatively shallow fly to center, I realized I missed Bradley Zimmer, and I thought of @Rock Strong. Then I went to the bathroom and jerked off in a tissue.

I still can't believe Kipnis is playing in the outfield

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could potentially be looking at all championship series teams being from the 4 biggest cities in the U.S. That would be huge for baseball

Wow. I didn't realize that Houston was that big.

Networks would definitely be psyched.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but I think the Cubs are the best team in the NL right now. I don't think losing a 5-game series to them should be considered choking.
They've easily been the best in the NL since the all star break. Pretty much ended the Cardinals season on their own.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe Kipnis is playing in the outfield

I'm not defending it by any means, but he did play CF in college and was drafted as such. That was a long time ago, though.

What's fucking crazy is that he lost his spot at 2nd because the infield combo of Urshela, Lindor, Ramirez and Santana were so bad ass defensively. Then last night happened.

As I understand it, with Zimmer getting injured, the drop off defensively to the next available CF was so significant that they felt Kipnis' bat would make up for the marginal difference in CF between him and the others.

I also heard that part of the decision was based on the fact that the Indians pitching and defense is so strong overall that they felt they could afford marginal CF play to get his bat in the lineup. He's slashing .222/.222/.333/.556.

The irony is testicle-crushing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending it by any means, but he did play CF in college and was drafted as such. That was a long time ago, though.

What's fucking crazy is that he lost his spot at 2nd because the infield combo of Urshela, Lindor, Ramirez and Santana were so bad ass defensively. Then last night happened.

As I understand it, with Zimmer getting injured, the drop off defensively to the next available CF was so significant that they felt Kipnis' bat would make up for the marginal difference in CF between him and the others.

I also heard that part of the decision was based on the fact that the Indians pitching and defense is so strong overall that they felt they could afford marginal CF play to get his bat in the lineup. He's slashing .222/.222/.333/.556.

Did not know he played in college. However, the indians didn't have a better option to play CF in their current OF?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus Naquin fell back to earth.

I said they should've sold high on him to land a real CF.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn't realize that Houston was that big.

Networks would definitely be psyched.
Well, to be more accurate, Houston lost about 300,000 residents over the last month. So that loss may drop them below Philadelphia or Dallas or Detroit or whoever is currently in fifth.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be more accurate, Houston lost about 300,000 residents over the last month. So that loss may drop them below Philadelphia or Dallas or Detroit or whoever is currently in fifth.

According to Wiki, Houston could lose 650k residents and still be the 4th largest.

Also, Detroit?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won 5 out of my 6 FF leagues this week.. Woohoo!!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we did? news to me