• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last paragraph of this article says if he helps us get through another round or two his contract will be worth it. Is that to imply we are not going to win the cup in the lifetime of JVR's contract?
I hope he's worth more than that. I'll be rooting for him to have a good season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say he starts in the AHL next season, is the first callup when someone gets hurt, and plays in the NHL the rest of the season after that.
I didn't realize he was 6'5" 210. Thats some nice size that we could use.Anytime he gets to the big club im ready.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he was 6'5" 210. Thats some nice size that we could use.Anytime he gets to the big club im ready.

Yep. RH too. And can skate like a 5'10 guy. Just those 3 qualities make him a nice D prospect.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. RH too. And can skate like a 5'10 guy. Just those 3 qualities make him a nice D prospect.
I hope you are right, I'd love to see him replace Gudas, hell Gudas doesn't even need to be hurt lol.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right, I'd love to see him replace Gudas, hell Gudas doesn't even need to be hurt lol.

I'll be curious to see how the season goes on defense. Hextall (and other hockey execs) talk about finding a balance of RH guys on defense. Gudas has been the Flyers only RH for a couple seasons now. This year they'll have Folin, plus Myers waiting in the wings. I'll be curious to see how much of a leg up that gives those guys. We all assume Folin is penciled in at 7, but I think the RH factor makes him more of a threat to skate a regular shift as the 6.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious to see how the season goes on defense. Hextall (and other hockey execs) talk about finding a balance of RH guys on defense. Gudas has been the Flyers only RH for a couple seasons now. This year they'll have Folin, plus Myers waiting in the wings. I'll be curious to see how much of a leg up that gives those guys. We all assume Folin is penciled in at 7, but I think the RH factor makes him more of a threat to skate a regular shift as the 6.
If they can out perform anybody we currently have I say play them, heck I'd even rather they have the time vs someone like Gudas if there is no difinite drop in play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Gudas to often be a liability, whether it's his lack of defense, inability to move the puck forward or a very questionable hit that lands him a suspension. And so, if anyone performs at his level or better, they deserve the spot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can out perform anybody we currently have I say play them, heck I'd even rather they have the time vs someone like Gudas if there is no difinite drop in play.

A lot of fancy stat guys like Gudas because he typically (last year aside) has a strong Corsi, but I'm not buying it for Gudas. It's a useful stat, but guys like Gudas bias it IMO. Guy pulls the trigger every time he gets the puck in the offensive zone, regardless of how good of a chance it is or the likelihood of getting it to the net.

I've got no love for Gudas. I like the physicality he brings, but he's a 6 at best on a contender IMO.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did that guy ice the puck last season to relieve the pressure? I want to see that stat...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fancy stat guys like Gudas because he typically (last year aside) has a strong Corsi, but I'm not buying it for Gudas. It's a useful stat, but guys like Gudas bias it IMO. Guy pulls the trigger every time he gets the puck in the offensive zone, regardless of how good of a chance it is or the likelihood of getting it to the net.

I've got no love for Gudas. I like the physicality he brings, but he's a 6 at best on a contender IMO.
Gudas had a pretty good season but got severely exposed in the playoffs which is where we would like him to be at his best.The league has all but taken away his ability to play physical and that was really his strength. I think if Frolin shows anything worth while he may be the #6 dman until Meyers is ready to come up