• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronman rated the Flyers prospects 12th, but noted they may produce the most NHL players. He bases his rankings heavily on 'star power' which he doesn't think the Flyers have. (pay wall: NHL farm system rankings: No. 12 Philadelphia Flyers)

Couple notables:
1. Myers ("Very good category": top 6 / top 4 / starting goalie)
2. Frost (Very good)
3. Farabee
4. Hart
5. Lindblom
10. Cates
14. Morin
21. Allison

Even before the draft he was pretty low on Farabee, O'Brien, and Ginning which probably played into his rankings a good bit. Also he's notoriously rough on goalies, though he says he's concerned about Hart's athleticism. Most shocking one to me is Allison being 21. There are a lot of guys that are really high on him, so that's surprisingly low.

Last note, he ranks the organization's top 10 U-23 guys and he had Patrick at #1, ahead of Provorov.
This is not surprising to me as we tend to over rate our youth on this board just a little.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not surprising to me as we tend to over rate our youth on this board just a little.

There is absolutely some of that, but Pronman is low on the Flyers compared to other national publications too. We'll see as more of them come out.

Really it's all about Hart and maybe Myers to me. Flyers already look good in the top 6 for the foreseeable future, great top pair, and hopefully a #3 dman in Sanheim. Just need two more pieces, the rest are going to be depth guys anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely some of that, but Pronman is low on the Flyers compared to other national publications too. We'll see as more of them come out.

Really it's all about Hart and maybe Myers to me. Flyers already look good in the top 6 for the foreseeable future, great top pair, and hopefully a #3 dman in Sanheim. Just need two more pieces, the rest are going to be depth guys anyway.
Two more pieces with a lot of cap room doesn't seem like much if the young players develop the way we would like and no injuries occur.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends mostly on what his recovery from the pelvic/groin issues will allow. I'm going to predict a slow first half but a strong second half for him, which will just make contract decisions that much harder.
That's sounds about right. It would be nice though if he was strong to start because we always have a bad start to the season and if he comes out flying that would make us all that mush better early on.