• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I thought you were talking about me here. Apparently when you put someone on ignore, even when you quote them, it doesn't show up. I blocked some idiot, so when you quoted him, it didn't show up. Thought you were talking about my posts.
Hahahahahaha freakin technology!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond would hurt for sure but I think klay has always been a little overrated. He's not as good of a defender people think he is. Advanced stats say that too that he's not that good defensively. Also draymond does everything. Always been underrated IMO. Minus him would hurt way more than klay

It's probably bc he always or most of the time guards the best perimeter defender. I think he is underrated, the offense revolves around Klay but Klay can create his own shot just like Curry can. You also said they are at worst a 4th seed, well I don't put them in the Clippers category (when healthy of course), they are much better team then the Warriors without Klay and Draymond. They are a 3rd tier team without those guys IMO. Not elite, not great, but very good-above average.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it would be because in the end Lebron is more important to the Cavs than Steph is to the Warriors as we are finding out. But on another note, as the Cavs played without their 2nd and 3rd options last year and won 2 games against the best team. Could the Warriors do that?? I would have lots of doubts they could even win one game, let alone two.

You do realize that you contradicted yourself in this post, right?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you- when I try to debate with him it's like I'm trying to teach my dog a new trick or something. SMH

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the COY

Kerr: "Draymond, don't ever change. Keep yelling at me, I'm going to keep yelling at you"

He's really gonna have to earn that distinction now in the postseason with a handful of tough teams gunning for that throne.

Warriors' Kerr wins NBA Coach of the Year honor

*btw: it's well deserved, but he should do the right thing and dedicate it to Luke Walton...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the COY

Kerr: "Draymond, don't ever change. Keep yelling at me, I'm going to keep yelling at you"

He's really gonna have to earn that distinction now in the postseason with a handful of tough teams gunning for that throne.

Warriors' Kerr wins NBA Coach of the Year honor

*btw: it's well deserved, but he should do the right thing and dedicate it to Luke Walton...

Luke was rightfully there on hand when Kerr accepted the award. Luke did a great job of managing the players and getting them to play for him, but at the end of the day he was still running the same system Kerr had installed. Still, praise should go to both on this remarkable year.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke was rightfully there on hand when Kerr accepted the award. Luke did a great job of managing the players and getting them to play for him, but at the end of the day he was still running the same system Kerr had installed. Still, praise should go to both on this remarkable year.
:agree:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That and he did a good job with in game adjustments, rotations, etc. While I agree with folks when they say that he had a really good team to deal with, he also was more than just a babysitter waiting for Kerr to return. If that was all he had been, I seriously doubt they would have been in position to break the record when Kerr returned.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and he did a good job with in game adjustments, rotations, etc. While I agree with folks when they say that he had a really good team to deal with, he also was more than just a babysitter waiting for Kerr to return. If that was all he had been, I seriously doubt they would have been in position to break the record when Kerr returned.

Yeah Luke did a good job of making sure the players were prepared as well. Kerr was there to help game plan, but Luke was on his own when it came to rotations and freedom of play. It's no coincidence that Draymond was playing with all-time high confidence under Luke, and had a slight regression when Kerr came back. Luke gave Draymond much more leash with his 3 point shots and Kerr made him bring it back in a bit.

Luke did make a few errors I saw in a couple games, but nothing that he wouldn't be able to learn from. Overall I thought he did a fantastic job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Luke did a good job of making sure the players were prepared as well. Kerr was there to help game plan, but Luke was on his own when it came to rotations and freedom of play. It's no coincidence that Draymond was playing with all-time high confidence under Luke, and had a slight regression when Kerr came back. Luke gave Draymond much more leash with his 3 point shots and Kerr made him bring it back in a bit.

Luke did make a few errors I saw in a couple games, but nothing that he wouldn't be able to learn from. Overall I thought he did a fantastic job.

Agree, Luke was already considered one of the bright young coaches coming up before Kerr went out. From what I can tell, all he did during that time was increase his stock (and probably his asking price. lol). Agree that he made some mistakes that he'll learn from.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Terry guaranteed the Rockets will Game 5. Plans on getting a tattoo of the NBA trophy if they win the championship.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RPM is a bit skewed because Klay never has a "night off" against teams. He guards Harden one night, then Westbrook the next. He guards CP3 then the next night has to guard Wade. He doesn't get to guard Roberson who would significantly boost his metrics for points against, etc.

All I know is that when I see klay guard those guys compared to say iggy or draymond, they have there way with klay usually. Example. Harden In the western conference finals last year was going off on klay until they put iggy on him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably bc he always or most of the time guards the best perimeter defender. I think he is underrated, the offense revolves around Klay but Klay can create his own shot just like Curry can. You also said they are at worst a 4th seed, well I don't put them in the Clippers category (when healthy of course), they are much better team then the Warriors without Klay and Draymond. They are a 3rd tier team without those guys IMO. Not elite, not great, but very good-above average.

I still pencil the dubs in at 53-55 wins with just steph

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that when I see klay guard those guys compared to say iggy or draymond, they have there way with klay usually. Example. Harden In the western conference finals last year was going off on klay until they put iggy on him.

No one said Klay is an all-world defender. He's a very good defender. He's not in Iguodala or Draymond's class, but not many are. Those guys are two of the top 10 defenders in the entire NBA.

If you watched the Warriors games, you would agree he exclusively guarded Russell Westbrook during all 3 of the Warrior games. Here is RW box scores for those 3 games:

8-22, 27 points
8-24, 22 points
10-29, 26 points

He held Westbrook to 34.6% shooting.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you would draw that comparison when MJ didn't miss a game the entire season that they went 72-10- yet Curry missed 3 games this season and they still broke the record. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but you make a left turn when you represent your opinion as fact.
I don't get the point you are trying to make with your Curry-Jordan games played scenario above, but I do agree, I should have said "In my opinion, the Dubs without Curry............"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I thought you were talking about me here. Apparently when you put someone on ignore, even when you quote them, it doesn't show up. I blocked some idiot, so when you quoted him, it didn't show up. Thought you were talking about my posts.
No you didn't. Stop lying.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I said Lebron won them 2 against the best. Then I said if the Warriors didn't have their 2nd and 3rd options like the Cavs they probably wouldn't win one game which = Lebron is more important to the Cavs then Curry. He can carry a team to victories, Steph, although a superstar, needs other players around him and can't carry teams on his shoulders to the level of Lebron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can actually argue that the warriors without klay and draymond all season would win as many games as the cavs did this year

A step to far, Ham.

They'd still be in the playoffs.

They would have a record somewhere between the Clippers and Portland, which really isn't that far off what you stated.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still pencil the dubs in at 53-55 wins with just steph

I'm inclined to grudgingly agree to 50 wins.

If Paul could get 50 plus wins, without Blake and Westbrook got 49 last Season, with Durant....

It's not that farfetched.