• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Alabama vs. (6) Texas A&M

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of character in McCarron, if he busts in the NFL it wont be due to his work ethic or Character. Not every QB in the college ranks can play at an NFL level, but qualities like McCarron possesses are a positive to NFL teams who want to take a chance on a kid with possible upside. He will be a success no matter what he does, NFL or otherwise.
And from a technical standpoint, everything he does is very sound. I think if you put him on an NFL team like the Texans where they run the ball a lot and have one or 2 great skill players, he can be a guy like Matt Schaub.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, Louisville, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma state can all go no huddle up tempo.

LOL, at anyone that thinks the Belldozer has the same ability to extend plays that Manziel has or who thinks that todays performance against Tulsa signals a return to dominant offensive football.

The rest have even more porous D's than A&M. Clemson is the only one in the group that I would have concerns about playing...and the previously mentioned Oregon.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Georgia will get another chance against Bama in Atlanta.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, at anyone that thinks the Belldozer has the same ability to extend plays that Manziel has or who thinks that todays performance against Tulsa signals a return to dominant offensive football.

The rest have even more porous D's than A&M. Clemson is the only one in the group that I would have concerns about playing...and the previously mentioned Oregon.

I'm not putting bell on the same tier with Manziel, but you need to just sit back with the rest of us oklahoma fans and see how good Bell really is. I'm not really sure yet but he looked really damn good today.

And btw, Oklahoma's D is not more porous than A&M. :L

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could look forward to watching Ole Miss beat t.u. but I'm not part of the 1% of the country that gets LHN

Stream it on your computer or TV at vipbox or usagoals. not the same quality,but you can see the game.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from a technical standpoint, everything he does is very sound. I think if you put him on an NFL team like the Texans where they run the ball a lot and have one or 2 great skill players, he can be a guy like Matt Schaub.

And he's the reason why the Texans will never get to a Superbowl.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of character in McCarron, if he busts in the NFL it wont be due to his work ethic or Character. Not every QB in the college ranks can play at an NFL level, but qualities like McCarron possesses are a positive to NFL teams who want to take a chance on a kid with possible upside. He will be a success no matter what he does, NFL or otherwise.

Not questioning his character, I just don't care for the way he plays the game.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... In bamas first game they were held to their second lowest total yardage output on offense in the Nick Saban era. In their second game they have 153 more yards put on their defense than any game in the Saban era. Do they survive even with the weak schedule this year?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not questioning his character, I just don't care for the way he plays the game.

Dont care for his team first attitude? his ability to know the defenses and be efficient with the ball? His winning nearly every game he has played in(lost 2 so far) in his three years as a starter and winning two titles, even as a sophomore first time starter. I dont see whats not to like, he throws a very good and precise deep ball, he can make all the throws needed to be an NFL QB, he does not have the attitude that he needs to throw 30 times a game and is content with handing off. He knows offenses and defenses and knows what wins. Dont know if you heard this, but he called the play to win the game, Saban had another play in mind but he let AJ make the call, that says alot. Who should we trust, Sabans judgement on the kid, or yours? I know who i am going with.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All of those defenses are better than a&m's. a&m has one of the worst defenses in the country.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not putting bell on the same tier with Manziel, but you need to just sit back with the rest of us oklahoma fans and see how good Bell really is. I'm not really sure yet but he looked really damn good today.

And btw, Oklahoma's D is not more porous than A&M. :L

Apparently Stoops just became an Oklahoma fan...

BTW using the term "the rest" after talking about Oklahoma implies that I was not referencing Oklahoma's D...Oklahoma's D is decent...as is their offense.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont care for his team first attitude? his ability to know the defenses and be efficient with the ball? His winning nearly every game he has played in(lost 2 so far) in his three years as a starter and winning two titles, even as a sophomore first time starter. I dont see whats not to like, he throws a very good and precise deep ball, he can make all the throws needed to be an NFL QB, he does not have the attitude that he needs to throw 30 times a game and is content with handing off. He knows offenses and defenses and knows what wins. Dont know if you heard this, but he called the play to win the game, Saban had another play in mind but he let AJ make the call, that says alot. Who should we trust, Sabans judgement on the kid, or yours? I know who i am going with.

I know you like the kid, heck, I like him, too but he just doesn't have it. He does not have an NFL arm, Saban does a great job hiding this kid's weakness, not doubting his smarts at all. I just think Alabama would be a lot more dominant without this game manager, some nice precise throws just ain't going to do it. And I may be a fan of Manziel but I don't think he'll be a great passer in the NFL either. Unless he gets lucky and has an AJ Green in his offense

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... In bamas first game they were held to their second lowest total yardage output on offense in the Nick Saban era. In their second game they have 153 more yards put on their defense than any game in the Saban era. Do they survive even with the weak schedule this year?

probably not, but can you really be expected to win a title every year. I say 2-0 with our schedule so far is pretty good considering we are breaking in many new starters on both sides. People want to make too much out of total domination like we have had in some games these past few years, so when Bama shows signs of weakness they want to pounce, last i checked all that matters is the W. I have been told many times stats are for losers, so maybe now that we are not producing the tough D games people should take notice we are still winning, even without it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you like the kid, heck, I like him, too but he just doesn't have it. He does not have an NFL arm, Saban does a great job hiding this kid's weakness, not doubting his smarts at all. I just think Alabama would be a lot more dominant without this game manager, some nice precise throws just ain't going to do it. And I may be a fan of Manziel but I don't think he'll be a great passer in the NFL either. Unless he gets lucky and has an AJ Green in his offense

I dont just like the kid, I respect him for his growth. This "kid" is still young and has grown tremendously in his role at Alabama, he is a leader, has the tools to be great and yes he has an arm when he is allowed to use it. He doesnt throw balls into the air and hope a receiver finds it like someone else in that game today. Had a defensive player turned hiss head on several of those "lobs" it would have been a bad day for JF.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont just like the kid, I respect him for his growth. This "kid" is still young and has grown tremendously in his role at Alabama, he is a leader, has the tools to be great and yes he has an arm when he is allowed to use it. He doesnt throw balls into the air and hope a receiver finds it like someone else in that game today. Had a defensive player turned hiss head on several of those "lobs" it would have been a bad day for JF.

I will agree with this. If bamas DB's hadn't had their heads up their asses that game wouldn't have been nearly as close.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably not, but can you really be expected to win a title every year. I say 2-0 with our schedule so far is pretty good considering we are breaking in many new starters on both sides. People want to make too much out of total domination like we have had in some games these past few years, so when Bama shows signs of weakness they want to pounce, last i checked all that matters is the W. I have been told many times stats are for losers, so maybe now that we are not producing the tough D games people should take notice we are still winning, even without it.

I think Bama will be fine. I doubt they play another offense as good as A&M or a D like VT. Luckily, both of those teams are straight garbage on the other side of the ball. 2-0 is very nice at this point.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. There is a certain amount of luck involved in even the best team's MNC runs. My point is that it's not just a little atypical..... It's extreme. Was just trying to gauge others perceptions to what those stats could mean from here on out.