• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 09-05-17: JD hits 4 Hrs in win over Dodgers; Tribe win 12th straight

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not saying you do, but, you need to let the kids decide for themselves what they think of their dad. Don't put any negative thoughts in their head. It's not a contest. They remember shit like that. If he is a useless loser, they'll figure it out. They won't need you to tell them.
yeah. its why i gave him options. he could have walked with me to the back yard for 5 mins away from his daughter (not shyan, jade..his older kid, not jessicas).

shes 15. she knows her dads a POS. her mom tells her, and she sees it. shes a smart kid.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but this isn't their only long winning streak of the year - they also had a 9-game streak earlier.

I wouldn't bet on the Indians passing Houston, but I do believe they are the better team, and they have the easiest schedule in MLB from here on out.

The Cleveland Indians look strong right now, but I am taking points off for their strength of schedule the last 6 games. It's not their fault, they are playing a sub par team.

I love what JD is doing in Arizona ... a few more hits and a few less strikeouts would be awesome. JD Martinez is a great student of the game ... any team that he is on will benefit greatly.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Injuns/Astros end up in the Championship series, and they probably will, that extra home game could be huge.

Shit. I love the postseason, but it's so fucking stressful for me when the Indians are in it. I slept for about sixteen hours the night after game seven last year.

I don't care what team the Indians are facing - any team in the postseason would be capable of beating them in a short series if things didn't go right (and I consider 7-game series to be short).

I'm concerned the Indians blew their luck last year beating the Red Sox, Blue Jays and taking the Cubs to game seven. I think all three of those teams were better than the Tribe - particularly with the Indians' injuries.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a territory of the USA, Puerto Rico qualifies for FEMA aid. And, Hurricane Irma, now packing 175 MPG/Cat 5 winds, is going to level Puerto Rico. And then the hurricane will churn its merry way to the east coast of Florida. FEMA is going to be way beyond bankrupt by the time this hurricane season is over. Kiss any tax reform goodbye.
one side effect of high Co2 content in the atmosphere? Co2 binds to water molecules. more Co2, more water content can be held. these storms are holding more water than ever before. we will see more and more storms like this.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland Indians look strong right now, but I am taking points off for their strength of schedule the last 6 games. It's not their fault, they are playing a sub par team.

Absolutely. It's pretty ridiculous from here out too. Another six vs White Sox and another three vs Tigers

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. It's pretty ridiculous from here out too. Another six vs White Sox and another three vs Tigers

Those two teams can put you to sleep ... watch out. Nothing good can come from playing inferior talent ... ask Baylor.

For the record, I am a Detroit fan and looking forward to the (hopefully near) future.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strangest stat this year:
Pujols, 91 RBI, .684 OPS

Kris Bryant, 59 RBI, .937 OPS.

Wow!

Yeah I do remember seeing Bryant's stats last night and going wtf

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Redseat, sir.

Who would you say was the winner or loser of the following bet?

"How bout one of them fancy avatar bets on whether or not Brissett gets cut, Coach?"

Without seeing the entire context of the conversation I can not say based on strictly the above.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao

the rams have a kicker named

younghoe koo

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without seeing the entire context of the conversation I can not say based on strictly the above.

That was the bet.

Whether or not Brissett gets cut.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well... being traded is NOT the same thing as being cut

So DirtDirtDirt and Redseat agree with me. PolarVortex doesn't.

Coach, you're down 2-1 even amongst your 'Nam vets. You sure you want to open this up to people who aren't trying to cover for you?

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well... being traded is NOT the same thing as being cut

If you'd like even further context? Coach said that the Patriots would cut Brissett because they were going to keep O'Shaugnessy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DirtDirtDirt and Redseat agree with me. PolarVortex doesn't.

Coach, you're down 2-1 even amongst your 'Nam vets. You sure you want to open this up to people who aren't trying to cover for you?

who the hell is coach?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said you were going to ask everyone or start a thread like a clown. i cant find it...or you asking anyone but one, and got no reply.

why would in raise stakes with you on a bet you welched on? Thats nonsensical. everyone here sees it...

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the hell is coach?

Rock Strongo.

He was telling us how he loves the speed off the line and the separation that Austin Carr gets off of his mid-range routes.

I figured he's either a Patriots coach or a know-it-all.

Sugar Bear gave me the idea that it's the latter. But Mama raised me to always give the benefit of the doubt. So I'm thinking that Rock Strongo is a Patriots wide receivers coach.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking, can you guess who is leading the AL in extra base hits? And he's leading by a pretty wide marign too. In fact, the top three leaders are not names you would expect.

Blotch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said you were going to ask everyone or start a thread like a clown. i cant find it...or you asking anyone but one, and got no reply.

why would in raise stakes with you on a bet you welched on? Thats nonsensical. everyone here sees it...

So, you don't want any part of it.

Just so you know, that was a given when you ignored the first two times I asked.