• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

“You like that K.C.?”

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the local D.C. press will treat “Cuzie” like they do Sean Spicer if he doesn’t sign a long-term contract before the season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the local D.C. press will treat “Cuzie” like they do Sean Spicer if he doesn’t sign a long-term contract before the season.

IM thinking if Bruce makes a realistic offer, Kirk signs. BUt the man aint going to take a 60% deal which seems to be about what Brucie is offering.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM thinking if Bruce makes a realistic offer, Kirk signs. BUt the man aint going to take a 60% deal which seems to be about what Brucie is offering.
And there in lies the rub. Will Bruce make a realistic offer. He has to realize at this point that he isn't going to get him on the cheap and that no home town discount is coming. Read yesterday that there has been no offer extended for a month. I just don't understand what he is waiting for unless, contrary to what he states, he is waiting to see if any one offers a great deal in a trade before the draft. It sure wouldn't be the first time that Bruce has outright lied. You would think that they could have used the dismissal of SM as a reason to re-open the negotiations and get this thing done asap. But if you don't engage and make offers, Cousins isn't going to have a change of heart and just come and sign a $20M/year deal (which apparently was the last offer from the team). Nope, the starting point now has got to be a deal similar to Luck's.

Its interesting that, in the fan's eyes and some in the media, that Bruce has taken the place of Dan as the idiot in the front office. I have to wonder if this is by design on Dan's part. Dan becomes invisible to the outside world and let Bruce be the fall guy. This would go a long way to explaining why Bruce is still around.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting that, in the fan's eyes and some in the media, that Bruce has taken the place of Dan as the idiot in the front office. I have to wonder if this is by design on Dan's part. Dan becomes invisible to the outside world and let Bruce be the fall guy. This would go a long way to explaining why Bruce is still around.
c6677e67816faedb1726bac6d60eb616_-hit-the-nail-on-the-head-hit-the-nail-on-the-head-meme_400-500.jpeg

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im starting to think it's Snyder who just doesn't want KC here as QB, and Allen is just a yes man anyway. Perhaps it would just hurt Snyder to much to see the guy they picked "after" the guy they gave the farm just to obtain succeed in his place. His little world is not meant to spin in that direction. We all had believed Snyder was a different guy but it's quite possible the controlling meddling idiot he once was never really ever left. If Snyder wanted KC he'd be signed... Snyder doesn't care about over paying someone... in KC case it's obvious he does. He's like a Jerry Jones in the regard that he just can't get out of his own way. If it wasn't for Steven Jones Manziel been on the team. Snyder doesn't have any bonding blood he can really trust with over-riding decisions that he sees as viable. Maybe it's Snyder who is holding this thing up.... and if that's the case goodbye Kirk.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you still holding out some hope of a new deal, which part of this is giving you confidence in it getting done?

1. Prior to the 2015 season, SM wanted to sign him to a new contract.......No deal reached (offered??)

2. After the 2015 season, asking price 20M.... offered 16M, no deal reached.

3. No deal reached prior to July 15th 2016 deadline plays on tag for 20M

4. After the 2016 season asking price 24M.....offered 20M, no deal reached.

5. If No deal before July 15th is reached he plays on tag for 24M.

Anybody see a pattern here? Maybe I'm misreading the angst, anger and hopefulness here, and it could be, that you all are doing as I am, in abiding by that old idiom that goes....."hope for the best, prepare for the worse"

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you are reading brother. There is nothing I can do about whatever is going on and have probably commented about 295295 more times than I needed to on this subject. Deal with things when they happen, not before.

I will say this and I said before when someone was talking about Pryor (I think) and his one year contract. I think this is the new norm in the NFL. Everyone knew 5 year contracts were only for 1, 2 or 3. Again I said the other day a lot of people are focusing on how bad the Skins are treating Cousins, two years for 44 million does not sound like bad treatment. Maybe it is just the new norm.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee Whats best and whats worst are subjective. As many here have made it quite clear they feel its in the teams best interest NOT to sign Kirk long term unless its on the cheap, and even then they feel we might be better not signing him at all.

@Sportster 72 The one year deals at some point become unsustainable. With a roster of 53, and an average of 7 draft picks, if half your roster were on one year deals averaging $4M a year, thats $106M, and if guys like Pryor actually perform, at some point the price goes up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee Whats best and whats worst are subjective. As many here have made it quite clear they feel its in the teams best interest NOT to sign Kirk long term unless its on the cheap, and even then they feel we might be better not signing him at all.

@Sportster 72 The one year deals at some point become unsustainable. With a roster of 53, and an average of 7 draft picks, if half your roster were on one year deals averaging $4M a year, thats $106M, and if guys like Pryor actually perform, at some point the price goes up.
I

Maybe I shouldn't have said new norm as if 27 players on a team are going to be on a one year contract. I think we are going to continue to see one year deals for another couple of years at least. We will see what happens.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Maybe I shouldn't have said new norm as if 27 players on a team are going to be on a one year contract. I think we are going to continue to see one year deals for another couple of years at least. We will see what happens.

I agree you are going to see about 10-15% of rosters on one year deals. But I dont think thats the new norm, I think its been that way for a while. I dont think we will see that percentage grow though.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the same reason Vinny lasted so long. Allen is "new boss same as the old boss." After Vinny 2.0 gets sacked Snyder will blame it all on him; get a new sycophant to be the new figure head ie sacrificial lamb when fans get sick of the losing, say he's turned over a new leaf, vowing to learn from past mistakes. Then the same thing will happen for another decade. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think many (if any) have proclaimed they want to see KC gone...actually I think it's quite the opposite. And your version of a "cheap" deal is what many of us feel is a "fair" deal. Yeah... the FO has low balled him to some degree, but don't act like no fault lies in KC and his agents corner because they are trying to eek every damn penny they can out if this situation. You think that KC feels a little slighted?? How do you think the gonna feel after KC sucks $45 mill out of Dan's account over the course of a couple years and then tells them to fuck off.

Sure, Allen/Snyder have some fault, but it's becoming obvious that the 2 sides are quite far apart which tells me that KC is acting like a greedy little fucker as well and that anything much less than the Luck deal and he isn't even thinking about it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many (if any) have proclaimed they want to see KC gone...actually I think it's quite the opposite. And your version of a "cheap" deal is what many of us feel is a "fair" deal. Yeah... the FO has low balled him to some degree, but don't act like no fault lies in KC and his agents corner because they are trying to eek every damn penny they can out if this situation. You think that KC feels a little slighted?? How do you think the gonna feel after KC sucks $45 mill out of Dan's account over the course of a couple years and then tells them to fuck off.

Sure, Allen/Snyder have some fault, but it's becoming obvious that the 2 sides are quite far apart which tells me that KC is acting like a greedy little fucker as well and that anything much less than the Luck deal and he isn't even thinking about it.

If you were in his shoes, would you be willing to do this team a solid considering everything that lead to this point?? Again dude, if you knew for a fact that your job would have paid the guy you replaced MORE than you are asking for, would you cut them a solid?? If you say you would handle it any differently I would call bullshit.

And i do think there is an undertone of people who want to see Kirk gone. Now the reasons might vary, but I will be willing to bet there is a portion of the fan base, and in this forum that would rather see us go in a different direction no matter what the outcome of the season is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is KC being greedy? He already has 24 million guaranteed this season. Let's say they are only offering 45 million guaranteed. It would be pretty damn stupid to accept that when you know, even if you have an off year, SF will give you 50 mil next season guaranteed. We need to offer 60 million guaranteed. There is very little risk for us to do this.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were in his shoes, would you be willing to do this team a solid considering everything that lead to this point?? Again dude, if you knew for a fact that your job would have paid the guy you replaced MORE than you are asking for, would you cut them a solid?? If you say you would handle it any differently I would call bullshit.

I understand what your saying Shark, but let's examine what led up to this point...

A) RG3 is drafted 2nd Overall...KC is drafted in the 4th Round. Everyone knows RG is THE GUY and KC is the backup/insurance policy.

B) Despite Griffin's first great year, he is injury prone and fails to adjust to the Pro game. The FO takes the RG3 experiment as far as it will go because people have invested a lot of time, $$, and draft picks in him.

C) RG experiment fails... in walks Captain Kirk, he has one, count it, ONE good, NOT GREAT, year where he stumbles us into the playoffs, Redskins offer him a "fair" short term deal, for him to prove he belongs, he balls it up and throws it in the trash. He's better than that.

D) Fast forward to now, similar situation as C, only we are offering more $$$. Some would call it a smack in the face, and it is a bit of a low ball deal (I am sure very negotiable).

But why should he feel slighted when he hasn't really accomplished enough to warrant a $25 mill annual salary with 60-70 mill fully guaranteed...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what your saying Shark, but let's examine what led up to this point...

A) RG3 is drafted 2nd Overall...KC is drafted in the 4th Round. Everyone knows RG is THE GUY and KC is the backup/insurance policy.

B) Despite Griffin's first great year, he is injury prone and fails to adjust to the Pro game. The FO takes the RG3 experiment as far as it will go because people have invested a lot of time, $$, and draft picks in him.

C) RG experiment fails... in walks Captain Kirk, he has one, count it, ONE good, NOT GREAT, year where he stumbles us into the playoffs, Redskins offer him a "fair" short term deal, for him to prove he belongs, he balls it up and throws it in the trash. He's better than that.

D) Fast forward to now, similar situation as C, only we are offering more $$$. Some would call it a smack in the face, and it is a bit of a low ball deal (I am sure very negotiable).

But why should he feel slighted when he hasn't really accomplished enough to warrant a $25 mill annual salary with 60-70 mill fully guaranteed...

Because

1. Its the going rate for a starting QB in this league. You either pay it or some one else will.

2. They never offered him a fair deal and in fact offered him less than most starting QBs were making.

Now if you are of the opinion that there are 10 sure fire ELITE Qbs coming out in 2018, Fuck I hope we roll with it, dont resign Kirk and take our chances. But then no one gets to bitch about it when we end up with the next RG3 type trade and resulting failure.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if he walks after getting the money that is on the ownership and the FO

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't that his agent's job? Wouldn't you want the same type of representation if you were in that situation? I've maintained all along that if the FO would extend a fair deal, they would see give on the other side and this deal would get done.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTSparks said:
]You think that KC feels a little slighted?? How do you think the gonna feel after KC sucks $45 mill out of Dan's account over the course of a couple years and then tells them to fuck off.

I'm assuming you're talking about Snyder here and quite frankly, fuck how he feels. If I had to guess though. He might feel similar to the times he gave Marty, Steve Spurrier, Zorn, Joe Gibbs, Shanahan, Adam Archuleta, Haynesworth and a shit-load of other players a gang of money. Who all took the money and who in one way or another all told him to fuck off.

Fuck Snyder. If you hold anyone more responsible than Snyder or anyone even close to Snyder far as responsibility, why, and what the Redskins have become in Snyder's tenure as Redskins owner. You are wrong. It is 100% on Daniel Snyder.