• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Work League Team

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I drafted my work league team yesterday and here it is. 12 teams Standard scoring with 4 pts passing and 6 pts rushing/receiving TD's. Drafted off of our Mywifehatessundays top 200 but couldn't get my own rankings out of my head............lol. Will need to pray for RGIII to stay healthy and drop one of these guys for his week 5 bye. I usually don't like the "home run hitters" for my RB's but like I said, I tried to stay true to our rankings...............drafted 5th.

QB RGIII
RB Charles
RB CJbetterbeatleast1.5K
WR DThomas
WR Danny Amendola
Flex Lacy/Bernard/James Jones (Hope Lacy or Bernard can win the job and James Jones could step into WR2)
TE Cook
K Bullock
D Chargers (will have to stream but no problem as I usually do anyway)

Bench
RB Tate
RB Ingram
WR Hartline (I do like him this year)
WR VBrown (Be nice if he could live up to expectations)

Looking at the other teams I'm sure this team will contend and the core of RGIII, Charles, CJ and Thomas should put up some good numbers...............

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are corrrect on Lacy.. Berbard i think gets the start next year but he will get touches this year sharing with BJGE, they seem to work well off each other.. hopefully amendola stays healthy though i also think brady will spread the ball around more this year then in pervious years. I love ingram this year.. much mroe then sproles.. I think he will get the bulk of the carries and most of the goal line work. sproles would be the long 3rd down back.. I also agre with hartline.. i think that with marshall demanding more attention it wil loosen up hartline to the role similar to welker.. if the qb can deliver the ball.. overall nice job, and good dpeth.. its early so hope my thought process is working..

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you went with all out strait speed at rb which is a great idea since that new rule may cause some problems for the crash rbs. You got the best RB in the draft probably in the second round so you made out like a bandit (no pun) and the 3rd best rb so you should win those match ups every week. And getting chris in the second is a gift.

rg3 decent. wrs have potential but worry me and I was very high on D thomas last year when every one was saying decker would be better guy but the addition with welker worries me this year. It could be nothing and welker could end up being the last in line so it might not effect Thomas at all maybe only effect decker but one of those guys if not both will loose value this year for sure. I say there is a chance though that it is NOT Thomas who looses value.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure James Jones will be your WR2 for most of the season. I think he is going to be the WR to own in GB this year. Already was getting the redzone attention from Rodgers last year, this year he'll get some yards to go with the TDs.

big risk with QB, but in a 10 team league you should be able to find a high end QB2 to fill in. Big debate for me this year on the importance of a decent QB2 -- if you dont get one of the top guys.

Ended up with the Romo/Eli combo by waiting in my 1st league, will be keeping an eye on guys like T-hill/Bradford/Freeman, and even vets like Smith/Palmer went undrafted in mine, all (potentially)could fill in nicely if I hit a speed bump with my QBs

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure James Jones will be your WR2 for most of the season. I think he is going to be the WR to own in GB this year. Already was getting the redzone attention from Rodgers last year, this year he'll get some yards to go with the TDs.

big risk with QB, but in a 10 team league you should be able to find a high end QB2 to fill in. Big debate for me this year on the importance of a decent QB2 -- if you dont get one of the top guys.

Ended up with the Romo/Eli combo by waiting in my 1st league, will be keeping an eye on guys like T-hill/Bradford/Freeman, and even vets like Smith/Palmer went undrafted in mine, all (potentially)could fill in nicely if I hit a speed bump with my QBs

Well here's the deal on QB in this league: It's 12 teams and only 2, yes 2 went in the first 2 rounds, that is why RB's and WR's were already becoming scarce in rounds 3 and 4! Then, when the QB run did start it was stupid crazy! Had Ryan ready to go but went 2 spots before I nabbed RGIII. Bradford: gone. Freeman: Gone. Palmer: Gone. Wire has Thill and Cutler and that's about it. 2 teams are carrying 3 QB's..........btw, bonus points if you can guess the 2 QB's taken in the first 2 rounds..........

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's the deal on QB in this league: It's 12 teams and only 2, yes 2 went in the first 2 rounds, that is why RB's and WR's were already becoming scarce in rounds 3 and 4! Then, when the QB run did start it was stupid crazy! Had Ryan ready to go but went 2 spots before I nabbed RGIII. Bradford: gone. Freeman: Gone. Palmer: Gone. Wire has Thill and Cutler and that's about it. 2 teams are carrying 3 QB's..........btw, bonus points if you can guess the 2 QB's taken in the first 2 rounds..........

Kaep and Newton

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got an awful lot of injury risk in that starting lineup..but potential to be damn good.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess me and monkey will split the pot since we both got half.. ill take mine in vcash.. thanks!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess me and monkey will split the pot since we both got half.. ill take mine in vcash.. thanks!

ummm, if real cash is an option, that's how I'd prefer my half of the pot!

If you have time, care to show us what the team that took Kaepernick in the 1st round looked like when all finished? just being curious here

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah id like to see what the team that got kaeps looks like.. did he get a kicker in the 3rd round?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm, if real cash is an option, that's how I'd prefer my half of the pot!

If you have time, care to show us what the team that took Kaepernick in the 1st round looked like when all finished? just being curious here

Fucked..............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know you worked with him..you have my sympathies

He used to work for me but now he works for a vendor and I saw him the day before the draft. He asked me who I was taking and I told him a RB and thats all I'll tell you as I draft after you. I asked him who did he think he would take at #3 and he said AP or Kaps.............I told him not to take Kaps as that is a major mistake and to at least fill RB #1 and take Kaps in the 2nd. Hell, I even told him to wait until the 4th............................anyway, here is his team:

QB Kaps, Smith
RB Forte,Bradshaw,ABrownHunter
WR Garcon,Boldin,Floyd,Rice
TE VDavis,Walker
K Dawson
D Take a wild guess, Bucs.

That's why I really thought I would have a better team than I have but I really don't see any mistakes besides the no back up QB...I guess when peeps start drafting stupid it throws the whol draft off.......BTW, do you have any idea who his favorite team is? There are a few really good teams but mine is by far the deepest at RB,WR.............now they just need to perfom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the only place he's got you at is backup QB and maybe TE....maybe

.....................or if we ever put in a rule stating you can only start 49ers or former 49ers.............:lol:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude is screwed on the 9ers bye week.. yeah i think your teams clearly outplays his.. what a homer..

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait this guy reached for Kaeps in the first, likely reached for VD in the 5th..maybe 6th..but couldn't pull the trigger on 5he Niners D??? Weird