• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a couple fixes here:
I filled the pool in last year …
My wife handles the money and bills …
We go to the Cape in the off-season …
I got a big dog that walks me every morning …

Life is good … ok anyway
Sounds pretty darn good to me

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I Ponder

1. Why do people think Girl Scout cookies are good?

2. Why can't some women understand the difference between Thick and Fat?

3. What did Bungalow Kill?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Echocardiogram today, Strees test Friday
Is your stress test on the machine or is it nuclear?

I had a nuclear one done in December and it's amazing. They put a IV needle in your hand and you lay on a burney. They hook up te machines with pads and then inject. Your heart will hit super speed in lkess than five seconds and be back to normal in about 30 more. The test is much more zccurate and safer than the treadmill. Good Luck.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had a nuclear one done in December and it's amazing. They put a IV needle in your hand and you lay on a burney. They hook up te machines with pads and then inject. Your heart will hit super speed in lkess than five seconds and be back to normal in about 30 more. The test is much more zccurate and safer than the treadmill. Good Luck.
Sound really spooky

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sir. I cannot lose weight my doc say's it's mostly metabolism I eat healthy but love my bourbon which I feel is my greatest enemy at this point.
Losing weight is a bitch.

December 2021 = 297.6
December 2022 = 227.0
February 2023 = 224.0

Losing the 74# was tough. I walk between 1.7 and 2.1 miles every other day. Diet has changed and I eat 10X more veggies and fruit. Losing the weight has also reduced my ability to eat anywhere near what I used to eat. Went out last night and 2/3 of my lasagna is in the frig. It's lunch today and tomorrow.

Some advice.....don't set a goal. Just say to yourself that you want to lose a couple of pounds. Don't quit anything. Cut back on the bourbon by only a half drink a day. Work your way to one less. Everything in moderation and just a tiny bit less of the good stuff. I promise you will see results much to your own surprise.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound really spooky
I loved it compared to an hour or so on the treadmill. Results much more detailed and my cardiologist had a much better scope of my heart. Forgot to tell you, you have to lay under a special camera and can't move for ten minutes while the action is filmed. It's really cool and not spooky at all.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know if this is good or bad.

Moved to Palm Coast, FL last June. In 1970 this place had 5000 residents. In 2022 it had 85,000. B6y 2030 they expect it to have 125,000.

My brother and his wife have visited twice. They're selling their hgouse on Signal Mountain outside Chatanooga and moving here. They almost bought a house 300 yards up the street. I talked them out of it and convinced them to sell or at least put theirs on the market before doing anything rash.

My sister-in-law just had brain surgery and couldn't get here for Thanksgiving and the plate became infected and she had to have a second surgery to remove infected tissue and skull bone. She an open hole with just a skin covering and has to have a third surgery where a plastic dome will be fused to her skull. She's making a list of houses she wants to see and is crossing off the ones that get sold. She expects the doctor to give her a green light to fly down from Maine and will stay here until she closes.

My brother-in-law and his wife left this morning after a three-day visit and looking at twelve houses. He's putting a custom-built home with 200 yards of lake frontage on the Market in Oatsfield, Maine and will be moving here.

It was a relatively calm 25 years living away from everyone in New Hampshire. Now we've become a retirement magnet for the in-laws and outlaws.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really know if this is good or bad.

Moved to Palm Coast, FL last June. In 1970 this place had 5000 residents. In 2022 it had 85,000. B6y 2030 they expect it to have 125,000.

My brother and his wife have visited twice. They're selling their hgouse on Signal Mountain outside Chatanooga and moving here. They almost bought a house 300 yards up the street. I talked them out of it and convinced them to sell or at least put theirs on the market before doing anything rash.

My sister-in-law just had brain surgery and couldn't get here for Thanksgiving and the plate became infected and she had to have a second surgery to remove infected tissue and skull bone. She an open hole with just a skin covering and has to have a third surgery where a plastic dome will be fused to her skull. She's making a list of houses she wants to see and is crossing off the ones that get sold. She expects the doctor to give her a green light to fly down from Maine and will stay here until she closes.

My brother-in-law and his wife left this morning after a three-day visit and looking at twelve houses. He's putting a custom-built home with 200 yards of lake frontage on the Market in Oatsfield, Maine and will be moving here.

It was a relatively calm 25 years living away from everyone in New Hampshire. Now we've become a retirement magnet for the in-laws and outlaws.
Being a retirement magnet is not good IMO. You are bound to have those, can we crash at your place scenarios. In all honesty if I we no longer married after retirement I would move back to NH or ME.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I we no longer married after retirement I would move back to NH or ME.
I can't do the winter shit anymore physically. Even with a monster 8.5 HP snowblower my hips (Arthritis) can't take it. Agent Orange is really starting to take it's toll on my nervous system. It won't be long before they take my driver's license away because of the neuropathy in my legs and hands.
That and the cold is murder on all of my joints. Last March we got home after two months in Florida and the day after, 8" of snow. Took me two hours to do my driveway and walkway. That made the decision for me. Ain't going back.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't do the winter shit anymore physically. Even with a monster 8.5 HP snowblower my hips (Arthritis) can't take it. Agent Orange is really starting to take it's toll on my nervous system. It won't be long before they take my driver's license away because of the neuropathy in my legs and hands.
That and the cold is murder on all of my joints. Last March we got home after two months in Florida and the day after, 8" of snow. Took me two hours to do my driveway and walkway. That made the decision for me. Ain't going back.
New England is beautiful this time of year...in the rearview mirror!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the heads up. I'm doing the nuclear because i just had knee replacement surgery and don't want to run the treadmill.
Glad to hear it's easier. Don't know much about it!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Vincent

Current Vibe: Mellow

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever used Empire for flooring? Looking to cover ugly tile in a lanai.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of people who used them and were happy with the results. You say you are covering a lanai I assume it's exposed to weather? If so be super careful tile may not be the best option, Slup and fall nightmare waiting to happen

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called them to give us a quote to re-carpet some rooms in our last house.

They only had shit products, I was very unimpressed.

I got it done cheaper and with FAR FAR better quality materials from Home Depot.
Got lucky that the color we wanted was on sale in a higher end weight and material.
Great carpet and memory foam padding. I liked it so much that when we bought our new house I bought the carpet padding from HD and the carpet and installation from a local guy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so be super careful tile may not be the best option, Slup and fall nightmare waiting to happen
Right now it's a very shinu coated broken tile that was very well done. The Lanai is screen in and I had everything slanted away when the landscaping and walkway were done. I thinking of a stone gray laminate tile. The stuff on there now is a tannish and bright red. Butt ugly.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it's a very shinu coated broken tile that was very well done. The Lanai is screen in and I had everything slanted away when the landscaping and walkway were done. I thinking of a stone gray laminate tile. The stuff on there now is a tannish and bright red. Butt ugly.
There are companies, concrete companies that can come in and create a faux field stone look, not slippery looks great. I would be hesitant to use any tile in wet areas. Again as we age we need to think about safety as much as we do appearance

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are companies, concrete companies that can come in and create a faux field stone look, not slippery looks great. I would be hesitant to use any tile in wet areas. Again as we age we need to think about safety as much as we do appearance
Good idea, I just don't want it to look like my garage floor. Landscapers crushed my driveway and I'm considering getting an attorney and suing them and my insurance company. I won't go into details but Needless to say, I'm pissed.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heating bill was $684 last month(up from $180 a weekyear ago) and then my water heater needed to be replaced for an additional $2,500 last week. Plus my pool filter shit the bed a few weeks ago to the tune of another $2,500. And I just paid off our two weeks in the Caribbean in January which was about 15k. And then my wife went a little crazy on Valentines Day and spent over a grand. That on top of everything just being bloody expensive these days. I don't "worry" that much about money but lately it's impossible to ignore how expensive everything has gotten and we haven't really changed our "habits".
I warned you not to install that new retractable roof you bought from Walmart.