• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My concern

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before responding to this post, here's my question to you and/or anyone else who cares to post an answer to it.
Generally, out of NFL drafts there at least one QB who steps up and shows promise.
Out of this group, which one or if you see more than one will be that guy this year?

Perhaps I'll post a poll on this one!

Nix, even before the draft Payton made it clear that was his guy. I expect Caleb, Jayden, JJ to all play well. I do believe Drake may struggle a bit, because of the division and i'm curious how much the OC throws at him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think daniels , and nix will step up , williams should be a lock ,
i dont foresee any major changes to the roster coming until after TC ,if that , they are going to see what they have before committing huge money anywhere . i think we should build through the draft and add players when we need to seal the deal on championships . if we see a change it will be at tackle or if a major injury happens
Unless there's a player that they've identified and are pretty positive about being answers to current needs I believe that the management team is not doing everything needed to do to give this year's team the best chance possible to become their best competitively. I know that the stated goal is "build through the draft," but does that preclude them from making a major, youthful move that helps them? I think not and perhaps I'm being a bit premature about it all and there's a timing aspect that I'm unaware of that's at play. There is, after all, still time for this organization to make moves. I'm sure that the goal, this year like every year is to aim high and try to win them all, realistically, as many as possible, however, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Quinn and his team and are the types that talk to their bosses after identifying possible gets that helps them now and says... "naw, let's wait until next year and we'll get what we need in the draft. I also don't see Peters as a working GM who identifies possible gets that help the team now, and puts that off until the next draft. (He was part of the management team that traded for Christian McCaffery, Javon Hargrave, Randy Gregory, etc.)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to be competitive this year and keep on making good decisions
In terms of wins and losses, what does competitive mean to you? I'm not asking for a W/L season prediction but something a bit more descriptive for example; can they be in games and lose a bunch of close ones?, or perhaps, a win-one-lose-one type situation?, Maybe you're looking at a season where bad bounces make the difference between a win or loss? A little clarity, please!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before responding to this post, here's my question to you and/or anyone else who cares to post an answer to it.
Generally, out of NFL drafts there at least one QB who steps up and shows promise.
Out of this group, which one or if you see more than one will be that guy this year?

Perhaps I'll post a poll on this one!

I believe everyone of the first round QBs will show some level of promise, except Penix. I don’t think Penix will have the opportunity. I think it will be toughest for Nix though. McCarthy may have the most hum drum but successful season. ROY will go to either Williams or Daniels. I think Daniels could definitely surprise depending on how poor our OL protects him and if he can stay healthy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's a player that they've identified and are pretty positive about being answers to current needs I believe that the management team is not doing everything needed to do to give this year's team the best chance possible to become their best competitively. I know that the stated goal is "build through the draft," but does that preclude them from making a major, youthful move that helps them? I think not and perhaps I'm being a bit premature about it all and there's a timing aspect that I'm unaware of that's at play. There is, after all, still time for this organization to make moves. I'm sure that the goal, this year like every year is to aim high and try to win them all, realistically, as many as possible, however, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Quinn and his team and are the types that talk to their bosses after identifying possible gets that helps them now and says... "naw, let's wait until next year and we'll get what we need in the draft. I also don't see Peters as a working GM who identifies possible gets that help the team now, and puts that off until the next draft. (He was part of the management team that traded for Christian McCaffery, Javon Hargrave, Randy Gregory, etc.)

I agree they are not giving this year’s team the best chance of winning but I also think that is a good thing for the future of the team.

There is no Christian McCaffery available and SF wasn’t picking two.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe everyone of the first round QBs will show some level of promise, except Penix. I don’t think Penix will have the opportunity. I think it will be toughest for Nix though. McCarthy may have the most hum drum but successful season. ROY will go to either Williams or Daniels. I think Daniels could definitely surprise depending on how poor our OL protects him and if he can stay healthy.
I don't know if the league is becoming a bit wiser about handling their new QBs or if there's a unique combination of talent meshing with the right organizations but it looks like you're right and there's going to be more than one of the draft class performing well enough to do more with them. Good call on Penix even though, I still believe his future is equally bright.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are not giving this year’s team the best chance of winning but I also think that is a good thing for the future of the team.

I don't want Daniels running as much as it appears he will with this group in support. Perhaps we'll get enough competent play at LT but that is the lesser concern for me. Doubling Terry and forcing others to do the work, creates the bigger question and concern that Jayden will have to jet more than necessary.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The McCaffery et.al point was there seems to be this locked-in notion that Peters is strictly a build-through-the-draft kinda guy. It's clear that this is his pattern but trades aren't out of the realm of possibilities/probability either.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the league is becoming a bit wiser about handling their new QBs or if there's a unique combination of talent meshing with the right organizations but it looks like you're right and there's going to be more than one of the draft class performing well enough to do more with them. Good call on Penix even though, I still believe his future is equally bright.

I agree on Penix. Everyone of these QBs is capable of success.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Daniels running as much as it appears he will with this group in support. Perhaps we'll get enough competent play at LT but that is the lesser concern for me. Doubling Terry and forcing others to do the work, creates the bigger question and concern that Jayden will have to jet more than necessary.

I am hoping KK is what many of believe he is…I am not so sure.

I don’t want JD running for his life but his athleticism is something I can see winning him ROY.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McCaffery et.al point was there seems to be this locked-in notion that Peters is strictly a build-through-the-draft kinda guy. It's clear that this is his pattern but trades aren't out of the realm of possibilities/probability either.

I am not opposed to trades but they always have to fall in our favor and be at the right time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not ready to trade to get someone for a team that isnt ready to be a year in and year out contender for championships . i am about letting an allen go for the right price if a trade is available and if newton is actually healthy .

i am ready to see what we have in place now and then building up the team via the draft . i am about signing free agents to fill holes once we know what the holes are

we absolutely have to draft better