• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul and Chandler to the Bay

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Steinmetz
Source: New York has talked to Denver about a deal involving Ronny Turiaf.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This sucks. To think that Golden State could have had Chandler AND Paul and now they may have neither is a major letdown.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam_amick The Warriors pursuit of Chris Paul will continue, but not having Chandler would be a game-changer in terms of offer (sub Monta for Curry) 18 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are now looking at offering Amare to NO for Paul.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Amick
League sources say the Houston has been trying to put together a three-team deal with the Lakers and New Orleans in which Paul goes to LA.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the idea of this deal and I love the idea that the front office is willing to make a bold move to land a superstar.

That being said, trading Thompson, Udoh AND Curry for Paul leaves the Warriors mighty thin in the roster department. The starting lineup would be:

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Monta Ellis
SF: Dorell Wright
PF: _avi_ Lee
C: Tyson Chandler

That is a very solid starting 5. But the bench looks like a freaking nightmare.

PG: Jeremy Lin
SG: Charles Jenkins, Charlie Bell
SF: Reggie Williams
PF: Louis Amundson
C: Jeremy Tyler

Those players together would not win an NBDL title. And with the contracts of Paul and Chandler (assuming he makes about $13 mil per), the Warriors are not going to have much money to go out and fill out the roster with quality players. The only player on the team that would any real trade value is Monta, and he would not land enough quality in return to restock the bench. Plus it would open up a hole at SG.

Before we start dreaming of Paul and Chandler, we as fans really should think about what the trade would do to the team's depth.

You're missing one very key point. Chris Paul plays good defense. Monta does not. Curry is not much of a defender either, but on offense he is a better player in every respect but athleticism.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing one very key point. Chris Paul plays good defense. Monta does not. Curry is not much of a defender either, but on offense he is a better player in every respect but athleticism.

I'm pretty sure that unless Paul can play all 48 minutes at PG, and back up all the other positions at the same time, then depth is an important issue.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that unless Paul can play all 48 minutes at PG, and back up all the other positions at the same time, then depth is an important issue.

Whoops I quoted the wrong item. My mistake. I meant to quote cameron frye when he was wondering why the big hang up for not trading Curry vs. Ellis.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

To say that Monta does not play good defense is pure ignorance.

And to also say that Curry is a better player in every aspect but athleticism is completely wrong. Curry is a better point guard than Monta. He has better vision on the court, better handles and takes a better 3-point shot. Those are the only areas in which he is a better basketball player than Monta. Monta is better than Curry at creating his own shot, at taking a man off the dribble, at hitting the mid-range jumper, at locking down the other guard on defense, at getting into the passing lanes and disrupting the other team's offensive flow and getting to the rim.

I am in 100% agreement with people who say that Monta and Curry are too small to be an effective backcourt. And I am also in 100% agreement with people who said (before the Paul rumors) that Monta should be the one to be traded. If it comes down to keeping one of them, I want Monta to go because Curry has a chance to be a special player.

But if Chris Paul is added to the equation (and we know he no longer is) I would rather have Monta as his backcourt mate than Curry. Having two point guards starting together is just not a smart idea IMO, especially when one is 6 feet tall and the other is only 3 inches (at most) taller.

But this discussion is moot now because the Warriors are getting neither Paul nor Chandler.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Woj

The Hornets are near a deal to send Chris Paul to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, league source tells Y! Sports.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry for Bynum? Lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Woj is correcting himself.

It is Pau and Odom for Paul.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Woj is correcting himself.

It is Pau and Odom for Paul.

If that is true, then the Lakers have set themselves up VERY nicely. I have a feeling that Bynum and assorted pieces + draft picks will soon be going from Los Angeles to Orlando in return for Dwight Howard.

Think about that for a second.

PG: Chris Paul / Steve Blake
SG: Kobe / Metta World Perace
SF: Matt Barnes/Luke Walton
PF: Caracter / Ebanks /
C: Dwight Howard

The Lakers would be a little thin in the PF department, but that team would easily rival the Heat and the Mavericks for the best team in the league.

Scary if it happens.