• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft 2024

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Williams is a lock for the #1 pick, the rest seem to be up for grabs. I stole many of my predictions from other mock drafts, so this will likely look familiar to some of the predictions out there already. The reality is that it is not likely to happen simply because I am predicting this outcome. :D

What's your call? Anything bold you could see happening in the draft next month? Please don't mock me too loud on this mock draft. :L

1) Caleb Williams - Chicago Bears
2) Jayden Williams - Washington Commanders (I think they will go with the flashier QB that is still available)
3) JJ McCarthy - New England (The Pats buy into the hype)
4) Drake Maye - Minnesota Vikings (they immediately trade up with Arizona to get him)
5) Marvin Harrison - LA Chargers (Harbaugh gets a HUGE piece to his offense)
6) Malik Nabors - NY Giants (probably another year away from drafting a QB in NY, so they go ahead and get a game breaking WR)
7) Joe Alt - Tennessee Titans (boring pick, but should help bolster the O-Line for years to come)
8) Dallas Turner - Atlanta Falcons (The offense is set, time to build up the defense)
9) Rome Odunze - Arizona via a trade with Chicago (The Cardinals use some of their draft capital to move up and get a nice WR)
10) Taliese Fuaga - NY Jets (They begin to build their O-Line for the future and hope that he can help them with Rodgers this season)
11) Jared Verse - Chicago Bears via Arizona trading up (Bears build the defense)
12) Quinyon Mitchell - Green Bay via Denver (Green Bay makes a big move up the draft to get a big player on defense)
13) JC Latham - LV Raiders (Begin to build up the O-Line)
14) Brock Bowers - NO Saints (HUGE mid round pick...I'm not sure he will last this long though)
15) Brian Thomas - Colts (they add a nice WR to help Richardson)

I think that Denver gets Bo Nix at #25 (the GB trade).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Maye falling in this draft

With Maye it all depends on which of his games you weight heavily in his evaluation. In his last game, he didn't play well and would fall down draft boards. However, overall he still should be 2 or 3 in this class. Projecting someone like JJ over him because of a bad game or two when JJ had no big games against good teams is counter-intuitive. I can see Daniels edging him for #2 for some teams, but I really think overall Maye should be the #2 and would likely be #1 in many other draft years (and would certainly seem to be right now if he was in the 2025 draft class). He has two years of production to back up that ranking IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I see someone trading up for Verse or the Broncos trading down with Bowers on the board. Top 10 seems pretty realistic but I do think Maye goes before McCarthy.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maye it all depends on which of his games you weight heavily in his evaluation. In his last game, he didn't play well and would fall down draft boards. However, overall he still should be 2 or 3 in this class. Projecting someone like JJ over him because of a bad game or two when JJ had no big games against good teams is counter-intuitive. I can see Daniels edging him for #2 for some teams, but I really think overall Maye should be the #2 and would likely be #1 in many other draft years (and would certainly seem to be right now if he was in the 2025 draft class). He has two years of production to back up that ranking IMO.

I agree. I would take Maye over JJ and Daniels. I just think that JJ might pull a Baker Mayfield and move up the draft due to hype. (not to #1, but move up the board a spot or two)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I see someone trading up for Verse or the Broncos trading down with Bowers on the board. Top 10 seems pretty realistic but I do think Maye goes before McCarthy.

I think it depends on what the Broncos get in return for the trade. That big of move certainly means they get a 2025 first round pick in return. If they got that and another few picks, plus were able to get Bo Nix late in the first round, I could see them making that move. It's still a stretch though. Bowers is very likely to be drafted higher than 14th.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched some videos on him and experts think his footwork is atrocious, which really limits his upside unless that can get coached out of him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Williams is a lock for the #1 pick, the rest seem to be up for grabs. I stole many of my predictions from other mock drafts, so this will likely look familiar to some of the predictions out there already. The reality is that it is not likely to happen simply because I am predicting this outcome. :D

What's your call? Anything bold you could see happening in the draft next month? Please don't mock me too loud on this mock draft. :L

1) Caleb Williams - Chicago Bears
2) Jayden Williams - Washington Commanders (I think they will go with the flashier QB that is still available)
3) JJ McCarthy - New England (The Pats buy into the hype)
4) Drake Maye - Minnesota Vikings (they immediately trade up with Arizona to get him)
5) Marvin Harrison - LA Chargers (Harbaugh gets a HUGE piece to his offense)
6) Malik Nabors - NY Giants (probably another year away from drafting a QB in NY, so they go ahead and get a game breaking WR)
7) Joe Alt - Tennessee Titans (boring pick, but should help bolster the O-Line for years to come)
8) Dallas Turner - Atlanta Falcons (The offense is set, time to build up the defense)
9) Rome Odunze - Arizona via a trade with Chicago (The Cardinals use some of their draft capital to move up and get a nice WR)
10) Taliese Fuaga - NY Jets (They begin to build their O-Line for the future and hope that he can help them with Rodgers this season)
11) Jared Verse - Chicago Bears via Arizona trading up (Bears build the defense)
12) Quinyon Mitchell - Green Bay via Denver (Green Bay makes a big move up the draft to get a big player on defense)
13) JC Latham - LV Raiders (Begin to build up the O-Line)
14) Brock Bowers - NO Saints (HUGE mid round pick...I'm not sure he will last this long though)
15) Brian Thomas - Colts (they add a nice WR to help Richardson)

I think that Denver gets Bo Nix at #25 (the GB trade).

That means Seattle can get Latu. I'm fine with this.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means Seattle can get Latu. I'm fine with this.

The highest I've seen him go in the mock drafts I have looked at is #19. Most of the mock drafts have him drafted in the 20's, so I think the odds of him being available at #16 to you are quite high.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest I've seen him go in the mock drafts I have looked at is #19. Most of the mock drafts have him drafted in the 20's, so I think the odds of him being available to you are quite high.

Fine with me. I think he's a plug and play from day 1... he has by far the best pass rushing pro ready skillset out of all the EDGE players in this draft.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a mock draft with with the Seahawks taking him though. Do you think Seattle takes him at #16?

I mean Seattle absolutely 100% needs a guard. It's a very deep OL class as well... but John Schneider (GM) doesn't value guards that highly... so I don't know if he'd pass one up and take edge.

I also haven't seen a mock draft taking Latu for Seattle.. what I'm saying though, is if I was a team looking for an EDGE pass rusher, Latu would be my choice over Turner or anyone else on the board. I think Latu will be the best EDGE in the class and with how deep OL is, if he falls to 16, Seattle needs to pull the trigger. EDGE is more important than Guard.

Technique is so important in the NFL.. athleticism only gets you so far.. now of course if you have both (Aaron Donald) then just good luck to everyone else lol, but yah. I'll take technique over athleticism.... Latu has that. Turner may develop that and he's a better athlete, but he might not... in the interim, I'll take better technique....

Last edited:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Seattle absolutely 100% needs a guard. It's a very deep OL class as well... but John Schneider (GM) doesn't value guards that highly... so I don't know if he'd pass one up and take edge.

I also haven't seen a mock draft taking Latu for Seattle.. what I'm saying though, is if I was a team looking for an EDGE pass rusher, Latu would be my choice over Turner or anyone else on the board. I think Latu will be the best EDGE in the class and with hos deep OL is, if he falls to 16, Seattle needs to pull the trigger. EDGE is more important than Guard.

Technique is so important in the NFL.. athleticism only gets you so far.. now of course if you have both (Aaron Donald) then just good luck to everyone else lol, but yah. I'll take technique over athleticism.... Latu has that. Turner may develop that and he's a better athlete, but he might not... in the interim, I'll take better technique....
I'd love to see him get passed all the way to the end of the 1st round (Detroit is #29), but he should be gone no later than the early 20's, and maybe as early as #16. He definitely looks like he may be able to make an immediate impact.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see him get passed all the way to the end of the 1st round (Detroit is #29), but he should be gone no later than the early 20's, and maybe as early as #16. He definitely looks like he may be able to make an immediate impact.

Hutchinson and Latu would be absolutely disgusting....

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has Detroit taking him at #29. I think it is a pipe dream, but even pipe dreams come true every once in a while.

View attachment 357982

I mean the big question is, does he hang things up because of his injury....

If Detroit is able to draft Latu at the end of the first and pair that with McNeil and Reider...God help the NFC....

I'm super high on Latu... happy to eat crow if I'm wrong, but that DL will be absolutely INSANE in Detroit if they can get Latu.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw down a rough mock draft.

1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3) Patriots - Drake Maye
4) Vikings* - JJ McCarthy
5) Chargers - Marvin Harrison Jr
6) Giants - Malik Nabers
7) Titans - Joe Alt
8) Falcons - Dallas Turner
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Brock Bowers
11) Cardinals* - Rome Odunze
12) Broncos - Brian Thomas Jr
13) Raiders - JC Latham
14) Saints - Olu Fashanu
15) Colts - Quinyon Mitchell
16) Steelers* - Taliese Fuaga
17) Jaguars - Cooper DeJean
18) Eagles* - Terrion Arnold
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
20) Seahawks* - Michael Penix Jr
21) Dolphins - Byron Murphy II
22) Bengals* - T'Vondre Sweat
23) Cardinals*- Chop Robinson
24) Cowboys - Troy Fautanu
25) Packers - Kool Aid McKinstry
26) Bucs - Jackson Powers-Johnson
27) Cardinals - Nate Wiggins
28) Bills - Jared Verse
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
30) Ravens - Tyler Guyton
31) Niners - Xavier Legette
32) Chiefs - Ricky Pearsall

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the big question is, does he hang things up because of his injury....

If Detroit is able to draft Latu at the end of the first and pair that with McNeil and Reider...God help the NFC....

I'm super high on Latu... happy to eat crow if I'm wrong, but that DL will be absolutely INSANE in Detroit if they can get Latu.

I'm not betting on Latu being available that late. The Lions probably grab Chop Robinson or Darius Robinson with that pick. I think Detroit is looking for an EDGE early in the draft this year.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw down a rough mock draft.

1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3) Patriots - Drake Maye
4) Vikings* - JJ McCarthy
5) Chargers - Marvin Harrison Jr
6) Giants - Malik Nabers
7) Titans - Joe Alt
8) Falcons - Dallas Turner
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Brock Bowers
11) Cardinals* - Rome Odunze
12) Broncos - Brian Thomas Jr
13) Raiders - JC Latham
14) Saints - Olu Fashanu
15) Colts - Quinyon Mitchell
16) Steelers* - Taliese Fuaga
17) Jaguars - Cooper DeJean
18) Eagles* - Terrion Arnold
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
20) Seahawks* - Michael Penix Jr
21) Dolphins - Byron Murphy II
22) Bengals* - T'Vondre Sweat
23) Cardinals*- Chop Robinson
24) Cowboys - Troy Fautanu
25) Packers - Kool Aid McKinstry
26) Bucs - Jackson Powers-Johnson
27) Cardinals - Nate Wiggins
28) Bills - Jared Verse
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
30) Ravens - Tyler Guyton
31) Niners - Xavier Legette
32) Chiefs - Ricky Pearsall

Rodgers would be salivating with Bowers for a target. Interesting you have Latu in your top 10. I was just commenting on how the highest mock draft I've seen has him at #19. He does look good though!

It would be interesting to see if the Lions go for another CB early in the draft. I thought with the Lions getting two CB's in the offseason, they would probably wait till later in the draft to grab another.