• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Names to remember draft day 2016

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year there are a handful of players that slip far too far in the draft due to lackluster performances the year before, sometimes due to injury, sometimes due to injuries around them, sometimes just a bad year, a blip on their radar screens. You might be able to get them at a bargain prices. ..however, you might forget them altogether then kick yourself for allowing your arch nemesis to have them on their team.

QB-
  • Andrew Luck: touted as a sure fire 1st rounder last year, surrounded by some amazing receiving threats, but a piss poor line coupled with a terrible offensive gameplan and wrecked by injury, Luck's 2015 was a disappointment of monumental proportions. However, the amount of money the Colts have tied up in he, Hilton, and fairly high level of draft picks in Dorsett and Moncrief prove the Colts are committed to a high powered offense. They've got free agency and a draft to address the O-line, if/when they do, Luck's ability to light up the scoreboard will return.
  • Aaron Rodgers: The "other" sure fire 1st round QB. His lackluster performance is directly tired to the absence of Jordy Nelson, and the lack of any real replacement. The fact Eddie Lacy was eliminated from the Biggest Loser during the first round didn't help either. This one is simple, Jordy will be back, Lacy will be motivated in a contract year, Rodgers will be Rodgers again.
  • Tony Romo: season ruined by two injuries, but the line is still there, Dez is still there. His only problem will be constant injury concerns. Doesn't mean he can't win you a few games while he's on the field.
RB-
  • Jamaal Charles: he finally succumbed to a real injury. Something everyone had always worked about the past 5 years, finally happened. Doesn't mean he's suddenly injury prone, simply the law of averages, eventually everyone gets hit at least once. And Charles was his typical self until it happened. Don't let one injury sway you away from this no doubter top 5 RB.
  • LeSean McCoy: numerous nagging injuries sapped his production. But, he's still 3 years away from 30, plays in a ground and pound team whosee entire offense is built on young, athletic playmakers around him, especially the running QB which opens up huge holes, and is centered on the ground game. This a guy who could at anytime lead the league in rushing, all purpose yards, and TD's. If he falls past your 1st round, he's fallen too far.
  • Arian Foster: this one in a little iffy on. Guy simply cannot stay on the field for more than 2 games at a time. But, he is amazing when playing. Don't take him too high, but don't write him off completely.
WR's
  • Jordy Nelson: should be obvious. But his name wasn't prominent last year, so he's easy to forget about.
  • Josh Gordon: assuming he's reinstated, another one to easily forget about. Don't be that guy. Cleveland might have a horrid QB situation, but that's no different than what they had the year he led the league either.
  • TY Hilton: like Luck, TY was largely a victim of circumstance. But even with Hasselblah, he was still a WR2. With Luck, and hopefully an adequate O-line, he can easily anchor your WR Corp as an elite WR1.
  • Dez Bryant: another injury casualty. Not having Romo didn't help either. A healthy foot, and a healthy AllPro QB will have Dez back at the elite WR1 level. Doubtful he's "forgotten" about, but he might slip past the 1st group of WR's taken. ..he shouldn't.

Now most of these names might make you say, "well no shit...". But, I've seen it happen, he'll I've been the guy it happened to, far too many times. When you get your fantasy rags, print out your chastened, you compile your own rankings, don't let these guys and their disappointing (or missing) 2015 stats weigh too heavily in your mind. Keep them high in your lists, or someone else will beat you with them.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well TREFF, you name both of my keepers on this thread and your other RB thread (Charles and Rawls if he gets the job, keeping Martin if not) AND the guy I'm targeting as of now as the 11th pick in the 3rd round.................TY Hilton..funny thing is in this league, with Shady's issues last year it wouldn't suprise me if he fell a bit................could be some serious value to be had there..............:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster gonna have to fall out of the first 6-8 rounds IMO, and you know how I feel about that guy.....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster gonna have to fall out of the first 6-8 rounds IMO, and you know how I feel about that guy.....
No doubts, I could never tale him as one of my top 2 RB's, but I'd love to see him be my #3, anything I get would be gravy, and when he goes down, there's always a viable WR I can plug into that flex spot

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence to my point. .a name I forgot to mention that absolutely belongs on the list. .
Kelvin Benjamin

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of any RBs that have had successful careers after an achilles tear i think i'll pass on Arian next season

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of any RBs that have had successful careers after an achilles tear i think i'll pass on Arian next season
Ughh, that's right. .I had forgotten the severity of his injury. .
Board Member #2: This guy here is dead.
Rachel Phelps:Cross him off, then.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughh, that's right. .I had forgotten the severity of his injury. .
Board Member #2: This guy here is dead.
Rachel Phelps:Cross him off, then.

Ahh, Major League - a classic. .....

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many good rbs have had Achilles tears? Not saying you're won't necessarily but do we really know?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many good rbs have had Achilles tears? Not saying you're won't necessarily but do we really know?
What Bennett, Andre Brown and Mikel LeShoure are about the only recent RB's of note who have had this injury. ..all sucked pretty hard afterwards, and in LeShoure's case, never had the chance to be good to start with.

Achilles tendon tear a death knell for running backs?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, with some of the disappointing performances last season, it would not surprise me in the least if all of these guys go earlier than expected (save for Foster).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff, with some of the disappointing performances last season, it would not surprise me in the least if all of these guys go earlier than expected (save for Foster).
Oh I'm not really expecting a big bargain..was more or less just pointing out how easy it is to prep for draft day, and since player X didn't have any memorable performances, he's easy to overlook, just reminding peeps these guys are going to be around, don't forget

Last edited:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Gordon, i'm not sure how much I trust him in that mess of a QB thing they got going on in Cleveland.
I do expect Luck and Dez to have huge bounce back seasons, though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno once again im in therapy, if foster comes back and dominates i'll be suprised......

@HaroldSeattle heeded my advice and sold cobb early on.......to bad it was for lynch who got bit by injuries himself.....but cobb was not gonna dominate with that injury, and people tried to tell me he'd be ok arguing injuries.....