• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My visit to San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would share a brief story about my visit to San Francisco. First off, I would like to say what a fun city. So much to do, very cultured and excellent food (can't stand the team though). Anyway, I was with my wife and two kids and we decided to go to an amusement park called Great America in Santa Clara. When we got there we noticed the park was directly next to the now 49er stadium (in construction). They actually shared the same parking lot. Well, being the die hard Card fans we are, my 11 year old son wanted to do something memorable and put some kind of a Cardinal curse on the stadium. So grabbed a Cardinal car flag we had in the car and in his Fitzgerald jersey, climbed some scaffolding and stuck the flag on a metal part of the stadium frame. It is inconspicuous from the parking lot and the front where the scaffolding is but when exiting the front stadium doors, if you look up, it is clear as day waving in the wind. Hopefully when they break down the scaffolding they don't notice it and it stays up there for a while. Nothing like a little Cardinal MOJO in the niner stadium.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol thats awesome. This kind of reminds me of when that construction worker, that was a Red Sox fan, buried that Red Sox jersey in the new Yankee stadium. I think they threatened to sue the guy if he didn't tell them where the jersey was.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinal mojo? Don't think so. Pretty sure the construction workers will look at and get a good laugh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would share a brief story about my visit to San Francisco. First off, I would like to say what a fun city. So much to do, very cultured and excellent food (can't stand the team though). Anyway, I was with my wife and two kids and we decided to go to an amusement park called Great America in Santa Clara. When we got there we noticed the park was directly next to the now 49er stadium (in construction). They actually shared the same parking lot. Well, being the die hard Card fans we are, my 11 year old son wanted to do something memorable and put some kind of a Cardinal curse on the stadium. So grabbed a Cardinal car flag we had in the car and in his Fitzgerald jersey, climbed some scaffolding and stuck the flag on a metal part of the stadium frame. It is inconspicuous from the parking lot and the front where the scaffolding is but when exiting the front stadium doors, if you look up, it is clear as day waving in the wind. Hopefully when they break down the scaffolding they don't notice it and it stays up there for a while. Nothing like a little Cardinal MOJO in the niner stadium.

:lol:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats "cardinal mojo"?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any jinx will do.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats "cardinal mojo"?
I wouldn't expect you to know with your limited vocabulary and all. But allow me to educate you.

Cardinal is the Arizona Cardinal football team that plays in Glendale, AZ.
Mojo, according to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, is a magic spell, hex or charm.

If you put them together it means a Cardinal magic spell, hex or charm on the new Niner stadium.

I hope that clears things up for you bright guy.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have to question that you and your son were allowed to climb scafflolding at the new stadium without getting caught. No big deal to me or most 9er fans I'm sure but I would probably not have done this with my kid. I teach respect and sportsmanship. The times I have been to the University of Phoenix Stadium,the fans have been great. I you feel you need to curse the 9ers....have at it....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to question that you and your son were allowed to climb scafflolding at the new stadium without getting caught. No big deal to me or most 9er fans I'm sure but I would probably not have done this with my kid. I teach respect and sportsmanship. The times I have been to the University of Phoenix Stadium,the fans have been great. I you feel you need to curse the 9ers....have at it....
There was nobody at the stadium (it was a Sunday). And when I say climb scaffolding I don't mean to the upper level. It wasn't that high (I didn't climb anything). Believe me, I teach my kid respect and sportsmanship as well. I don't feel a need to curse anything. We were just having a little fun on vacation. We had a good laugh and we went on with our day.

BTW - I have been to a few NFL games around the country, Chargers, Texans, Rams, Falcons & Titans. In every circumstance, the fans have been very respectful and kind. I have been a long time Cardinal season ticket holder and most of the time when a team comes to AZ, the opposing fans are respectful and kind as well. However there are a few exceptions. The most rude, obnoxious, vulgar and disrespectful fans that come to our stadium in my experience are the Cowboys, Raiders and Niners. There is always more fights and obnoxious drunks babbling nonsense. I'm not saying this is a reflection on you or anyone else on this board. I'm just saying the overall dislike of those three teams when they come to our stadium is elevated (and it has nothing to do with the play on the field).

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nobody at the stadium (it was a Sunday). And when I say climb scaffolding I don't mean to the upper level. It wasn't that high (I didn't climb anything). Believe me, I teach my kid respect and sportsmanship as well. I don't feel a need to curse anything. We were just having a little fun on vacation. We had a good laugh and we went on with our day.

BTW - I have been to a few NFL games around the country, Chargers, Texans, Rams, Falcons & Titans. In every circumstance, the fans have been very respectful and kind. I have been a long time Cardinal season ticket holder and most of the time when a team comes to AZ, the opposing fans are respectful and kind as well. However there are a few exceptions. The most rude, obnoxious, vulgar and disrespectful fans that come to our stadium in my experience are the Cowboys, Raiders and Niners. There is always more fights and obnoxious drunks babbling nonsense. I'm not saying this is a reflection on you or anyone else on this board. I'm just saying the overall dislike of those three teams when they come to our stadium is elevated (and it has nothing to do with the play on the field).

I'm sure you feel the way you do about 9er fans for a reason . Good luck with your hatred and keep it up with your kid. You are a biased fan who can say that all fans of one team are the same....good luck with that.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to call your story bullshit scooby but it is bullshit and I actually meant to say that. I was at the stadium yesterday, and there is no way you were able to easily get to any "scaffolding" from the great america parking lot. No way. There is 24/7 security , and outer fence, and an inner fence. Your son would have had to scale two fences to get to any scaffolding or close to the stadium and go unnoticed by security.

Sorry, but I don't believe your story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go here.... Live View | Levi's Stadium

Click the "View from Great America" button and then look at the obstacles you would have to hurdle to get close to the stadium.

Scooby lies! His son would have had to pass through the construction staging yard, scale two fences, cross a creek, and.......... tell us Scooby...... where is this scaffolding facing the great american parking lot? I see none.

SCOOBY LIES!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you feel the way you do about 9er fans for a reason . Good luck with your hatred and keep it up with your kid. You are a biased fan who can say that all fans of one team are the same....good luck with that.
Uh yea. I just told you the reason in my previous post. Also, aren't all fans biased toward their team? In addition, I didn't say anything about hatred I said dislike so don't put words in my mouth. Finally, I told a fun light-hearted story about my vacation. If you read into a certain way because your "biased" toward your team, that's on you. Now go away.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go here.... Live View | Levi's Stadium

Click the "View from Great America" button and then look at the obstacles you would have to hurdle to get close to the stadium.

Scooby lies! His son would have had to pass through the construction staging yard, scale two fences, cross a creek, and.......... tell us Scooby...... where is this scaffolding facing the great american parking lot? I see none.

SCOOBY LIES!

Why would someone even make up a story like that? It was a complete ghost town when we were there not a person in sight. So as for your 24 hour security, I don't know. There was one fence going across the Great America parking lot and there was a pass-through area that you could fit a truck through that lead right up to an area of the stadium.. We literally walked right down that path and up to the scaffolding. I don't even know why I am trying to justify this to you. Sorry I didn't supply a map so you could finish up your detective work. But thanks for checking up on my story. I'm glad it made a lasting impression.

BTW - Did it ever occur to you that we may have been there on different dates and construction zones tend to change over time?

You can call me a liar all you want, the fact that I'm in so far in your head that you had to check up on my story is kind of funny.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone even make up a story like that? It was a complete ghost town when we were there not a person in sight. So as for your 24 hour security, I don't know. There was one fence going across the Great America parking lot and there was a pass-through area that you could fit a truck through that lead right up to an area of the stadium.. We literally walked right down that path and up to the scaffolding. I don't even know why I am trying to justify this to you. Sorry I didn't supply a map so you could finish up your detective work. But thanks for checking up on my story. I'm glad it made a lasting impression.

BTW - Did it ever occur to you that we may have been there on different dates and construction zones tend to change over time?

You can call me a liar all you want, the fact that I'm in so far in your head that you had to check up on my story is kind of funny.

Only you can tell us why you lied about it Scooby. Why you are asking me, I don't know. But what we do now know is that in order for your story to be true....

Your son climbed two fences, crossed a creek, made it through the construction staging area, sneeked past a guard booth and then climbed a non existent scaffolding. Look at the picture and tell us where the flag was put. There has never been a scaffolding on that side of the park. They have used diesel lifts, not scaffolding.

Your story doesn't hold water, and there was never any scaffolding on that side of the stadium, and there has allways been two fences, a creek, and a guard booth on that side of the stadium between the Great America parking lot and the stadium.

You know you made the whole thing up, I am sure this is a little embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scooby he's a troll here to harass. If he keeps it up just PM Misko.

Status
Not open for further replies.