• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zack Mettenberger sucker punched by "roll tide" fan

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I go around Blounting people all the time. I like to yell ROLL TIDE! in one ear then punch them in the other.

Well I know you. So that makes it cool. It is much funner to laugh at people you don't know who do these type of things.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I go around Blounting people all the time. I like to yell ROLL TIDE! in one ear then punch them in the other.

If you mount her from behind before doing it, it's an elephant punch.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bama fan yelled "roll tide" in the face of Met in a Nashville bar. Then his Bama buddy sucker punched Met.

LOL :dance: I'm innocent roll tide

Titans' Zach Mettenberger sucker-punched at Losers, owner says

I feel his pain. A long time ago, I met with fellow UTK alumni at a sports bar to watch the Vols at UCLA (perchance, Peyton Mannings debut in Orange & White). It was crowded. I'm standing at a bar, having a good line of sight to a big TV, talking with a friendly Vols fan in front of me, when a guy reeking of clear spirits flops up to the bar and begins leaning on my back. The Vols fan in front of me is looking perplexed while still smiling. I say over my shoulder to the unseen drunk, "How about some space, pal."

He replies, "I jusht wanna getta drink," and presses more against my back, clasping my shoulder, before pushing his groin against my ass.

I shout, "Hey!" Wheeling to my left, I raise my left shoulder and arm to shed his grip. There's nobody behind me. As I turn back to my right, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a victim of a prank when I'm struck by a blind sucker punch to the eye and put into a choke hold.

It turns out the guy who'd been behind me was falling down drunk. As I'd turn to shed his grasp on my shoulder and confront him face to face, he fell away from the bar and crumpled to the floor. Unbeknownst to all participating in this barroom slapstick, a 6'3", 300+ lb, off-duty deputy from a couple of counties west had come to the bar looking to commit violence. He'd been frustrated in his purpose and fueled with alcohol when he witnessed the sloppy drunk go down. Lunging towards me, he put all of his weight and power into slamming his fist into my face.

It took several bouncers to get the off-duty deputy to release me from his choke hold. He was detained. I was pulled into back rooms, examined, and questioned. A beautiful, young brunette in a hot blue dress came forward as witness. She testified as to the behavior of the drunk, my tempered reaction to him, and that the huge off-duty deputy had nothing to do with any of us but just lunged across the room and sucker punched me when the drunk had fallen down. I was then moved to an isolated spot to await the police and EMTs.

When the local constabulary arrived, they took my statement. The huge off-duty deputy's colleague and drinking companion told a tale on his behalf, claiming the larger man was too drunk to speak. The witness was nowhere to be found. The sports bar's manager would not retrieve any of my fellow Vols fans with whom I'd been standing and would not allow me to go in to identify or summon them to give their accounts. Citing two conflicting accounts and no witnesses present, the local officer released the huge off-duty deputy and told us both to leave the premises post haste.

Later, I learned that off-duty local police provided the sports bar with door security. There had been two recent brawls at the establishment, and official report of another would have prompted their liability insurer to cancel coverage. I'd been denied justice to keep the doors open and taps flowing.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An aside: What is it with you 'SportsHoopla Bammers? There's enough of you present on the CFB boards to empanel a jury, yet nary a one of you have a simple "Roll Tide" as a custom member status or signature statement. Did the ESPN TV spot make convex your concave perspectives? Are your innards all akimbo? Were any of you reared as Bammers or are the lot of you Crimson bandwagoneers?

Jumpin' Jimminy! There has got to be at least one true Bammer amongst the membership...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An aside: What is it with you 'SportsHoopla Bammers? There's enough of you present on the CFB boards to empanel a jury, yet nary a one of you have a simple "Roll Tide" as a custom member status or signature statement. Did the ESPN TV spot make convex your concave perspectives? Are your innards all akimbo? Were any of you reared as Bammers or are the lot of you Crimson bandwagoneers?

Jumpin' Jimminy! There has got to be at least one true Bammer amongst the membership...

I only yell Roll Tide when I'm fucking your sister.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My member status does say Roll Tide.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

"We want Bama"

6 games remaining ^^^^ :L

attachment.php

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only yell Roll Tide when I'm f*****g your sister.

Some semblance of civility has been in evidence on the CFB threads, as has a restraint from utilizing words and terms NSFW. Whether you are an Alabama alumnus or a Walmart Bammer, I expect that you are clever enough to produce a retort more potent than the ever so stale coarse and crude reply you tapped out with no more thought or effort than passing gas after digestion of a burrito has reached apogee.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some semblance of civility has been in evidence on the CFB threads, as has a restraint from utilizing words and terms NSFW. Whether you are an Alabama alumnus or a Walmart Bammer, I expect that you are clever enough to produce a retort more potent than the ever so stale coarse and crude reply you tapped out with no more thought or effort than passing gas after digestion of a burrito has reached apogee.

Fuck that pussy shit.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or punching people's heads. :dance:

Close enough to clever to notice. By all means, my good Bammer, pour me some of the good stuff in moderation. After all, we may be friends save for one Saturday each October.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My uncle hangs out there a lot. He says athletes are down there all the time. Looks like I need to start going.