• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 10 favorite artists/bands from your home state

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Michigan

1. Alice Cooper
2. Bob Seeger
3. Grand Funk Railroad
4. Temptations
5. Diana Ross and the Supremes
6. Ted Nugent
7. Eminem
8. Iggy Pop and the Stooges
9. Stevie Wonder
10. Madonna

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Michigan

1. Alice Cooper
2. Bob Seeger
3. Grand Funk Railroad
4. Temptations
5. Diana Ross and the Supremes
6. Ted Nugent
7. Eminem
8. Iggy Pop and the Stooges
9. Stevie Wonder
10. Madonna

one of my all time favorites

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Vince Gill for Oklahoma?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy8s.jpg

Been a long time since I thought about these guys...crazy times for sure.

"Crazy 8s were formed at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon in 1982, as "The Cheeks." [1] Because a UK band had already used this name, they changed their name to "The Sweet Cheeks". Notorious for their raucous frat/house party gigs, covering tunes from their favorite bands of the day, they were just beginning to build a following, when Todd Duncan, the sax player for the Eugene, OR rock band, "The Sneakers", who had just recently broken up, came to The Sweet Cheeks with a proposal: The Sneakers had a gig coming up, opening for Billy Rancher and the Unreal Gods at La Bamba's in Portland, OR. Todd wanted to change the name of the band to "The Crazy 8s" and had a number of other songs for the band to work up before the gig, which was a month away. The newly monikered Crazy 8s members rose to the occasion, and played to rousing applause, and the notice of Billy Rancher's fans, and Tony DeMicoli,[2] owner of La Bamba's. This led to many gigs, over the next few months, of opening for Billy and gang, and becoming a band of note on the ever evolving music scene in Portland.

The rock/new wave/ska band performed with a national act for the first time when they opened for Romeo Void at Oregon State October 5, 1982, in addition to an appearance with The English Beat at the University of Oregon in 1982.[3] In an appearance in the Rolling Stone magazine, the Crazy 8s were defined as one of "nine bands to watch, [chosen by] radio programmers." [4] In addition, Crazy 8s have played alongside several well-known bands such as The Clash, the Violent Femmes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sonic Youth, The Three O'Clock, and the Beach Boys, among several others, all between 1984 and 1985.[3]"

Crazy 8s (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd probably really hate my top 20 for Texas

So....umm is this a top 10 or top 20?? And I thought you were from Ga. not Ok. or Tx.

lol

Btw: I like some of the music/bands that came out of Texas......trouble is, you'd pigeon hole yourself into 1 genre...amirite?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....umm is this a top 10 or top 20?? And I thought you were from Ga. not Ok. or Tx.

lol

Btw: I like some of the music/bands that came out of Texas......trouble is, you'd pigeon hole yourself into 1 genre...amirite?

Texas has so many, it would be hard to narrow it down to just 10. It is the best state for music IMO. Hell, 5 of my top 6 all time favorites are from Texas(Waylon, Willie, George Jones, Buck Owens and Kris Kristofferson. Merle at number 2 being the only non Texan in the top 6)

And I'm not sure where you get I'm stuck on one genre. Look at my top 10 from Georgia. Yeah, it's Country dominated because it's my FAVORITE music. But look who's number two, I don't consider the Allman Brothers to be Country. Black Berry Smoke is a newer local band that plays in a southern rock style. Atlanta Rhythm Section definitely isn't Country, and neither is Ray Charles. 40% of my top 10 from my home state isn't Country. And yes, Country would dominate my Texas list, but God damn, Outlaw Country is my favorite form of my favorite music. It wouldn't run the table, but it would dominate.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has so many, it would be hard to narrow it down to just 10. It is the best state for music IMO. Hell, 5 of my top 6 all time favorites are from Texas(Waylon, Willie, George Jones, Buck Owens and Kris Kristofferson. Merle at number 2 being the only non Texan in the top 6)

And I'm not sure where you get I'm stuck on one genre. Look at my top 10 from Georgia. Yeah, it's Country dominated because it's my FAVORITE music. But look who's number two, I don't consider the Allman Brothers to be Country. Black Berry Smoke is a newer local band that plays in a southern rock style. Atlanta Rhythm Section definitely isn't Country, and neither is Ray Charles. 40% of my top 10 from my home state isn't Country. And yes, Country would dominate my Texas list, but God damn, Outlaw Country is my favorite form of my favorite music. It wouldn't run the table, but it would dominate.

And notice that I don't question your taste in music. I wasn't questioning outofyourmind's either, I was more or less stating that I like Vince Gill and pointing out that he's from Oklahoma, more of a prop to the music scene in Oklahoma than anything.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alan Jackson
2. Allman Brothers
3. Doug Stone
4. T Graham Brown
5. Blackberry Smoke
6. Rhett Akins
7. Billy Joe Royal
8. Daryle Singletary
9. Atlanta Rhythm Section
10. Ray Charles

My house in Brookhaven was once owned by a member of ARS; The Allmans should be #1 on Best-From-Anywhere lists; Ray Charles is our greatest treasure...then there's

Widespread Panic
Gladys Knight
Little Richard
Otis Redding
R.E.M.
the Bogue-52s, the Georgia Satellites (haha) and, dammit, I think we should adopt this poor wretch:

2972_zene_w800_h600.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My house in Brookhaven was once owned by a member of ARS; The Allmans should be #1 on Best-From-Anywhere lists; Ray Charles is our greatest treasure...then there's

Widespread Panic
Gladys Knight
Little Richard
Otis Redding
R.E.M.
the Bogue-52s, the Georgia Satellites (haha) and, dammit, I think we should adopt this poor wretch:

View attachment 14676

I like the Georgia Satellites. I've done some awesome drunken karaoke versions of Battleship Chains and Keep Your Hands to Yourself. Country and Southern rock are my main scenes, so the rest wouldn't fit in with my list. Ray Charles was just too good to leave off.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Georgia Satellites. I've done some awesome drunken karaoke versions of Battleship Chains and Keep Your Hands to Yourself. Country and Southern rock are my main scenes, so the rest wouldn't fit in with my list. Ray Charles was just too good to leave off.

s'funny...
one of my best friend's wife was once a GA Satellites groupie (she now earns 7 figures running a NY Ad Agency).
I enjoy country & southern rock too, but have recently developed a taste for Texas Cowboy sanging - the Highwaymen n sech like.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s'funny...
one of my best friend's wife was once a GA Satellites groupie (she now earns 7 figures running a NY Ad Agency).
I enjoy country & southern rock too, but have recently developed a taste for Texas Cowboy sanging - the Highwaymen n sech like.

3 of the 4 member of the highwaymen are in my list of 10 favorite singers. Johnny Cash being the only one not included at the moment, he's just outside the top 10.