• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You Have the Cash....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which NFL team do your purchase? You can play the "homer card" and pick your favorite team, or you can choose the less sexy teams in the league.

- Pick the team

- give us three things you would change with in that franchise.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to own the Seahawks, but they wouldn't be my choice here because, frankly, I don't think you could get a better owner than Paul Allen.

I'd take the Chargers. Love San Diego, and I've always had an affinity for the team.

First thing I'd change is moving them out of that shitty stadium and in to a better located and top-of-the line stadium, closer to the gas-lamp quarter (I know, there probably isn't a reasonable place to spot the stadium around, but I don't have the money either, so since it's all hypothetical...). Petco park is just about the perfect place for a sports stadium within any city, IMO.

Second, I'd have to get my GM to move on from Rivers. I don't hate the guy, and he has his moments, but I just don't think he'll ever take the franchise anywhere.

Third... I don't know... lower ticket & beer prices?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to stay away from the homer pick of the Broncos but I would take Miami. Great city that has been wanting a winner for a long time. Plus really the AFC East once Brady leaves should be up for grabs in the next few years as I work to build back up the team to become a powerhouse once again.

3 things that I would change...I would start with my scouting department. Not been impressed with their ability to draft lately. They have some picks that look decent but then some major reaches like the last 2 first round picks.

2. I would go out and hire the best OL coach that I possibly could as Tannehill needs to be protected and the last time they were successful was when they were one of the best running teams in the league. As great as it would be to have a good running back it seems more important to have a great OL.

3. I give Mike Wallace 1 more year to show he is worth the money but if he doesn't come close to living up to his ridiculous contract then cut him and use that money elsewhere.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which NFL team do your purchase? You can play the "homer card" and pick your favorite team, or you can choose the less sexy teams in the league.

- Pick the team

- give us three things you would change with in that franchise.

Buy out the NYG, even though I'm a Cowboys fan. Hear me out.

1. Change NY Giants' name to NJ Hitmen.
  2. Buy Jets out of their share to use Metlife Stadium.
  3. Don't allow Jets back into Metlife unless they agree to merge into ours, thus bringing back one of my favorite non-cowboy, non-devil sports franchises ever: The NJ/NY Hitmen:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns

I'd do it just to inject some new life into the team, become a God to the DawgPound, and really...can you do any worse? Not like you could be blamed for killing a proud franchise.

Considering I had the cash: I'd fire the entire FO and scouting crew. Clean sweep, everyone associated with the current cancer team is gone. I trade anyone on the team with any value and get the #1 pick next year. I bring in guys that have a desire to play and who weren't associated with the losing culture. I think it does rub off on players. It would be a 5 year plan, but at the end of those 5 years the team should have a mix of young, cheap players to go with hungry attitude.

No idea who would be my GM or coach. Probably would retread someone to by my GM and look for someone young with fire from the college ranks for my coach. Maybe throw an assload of money at Jimmy to by my GM.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would buy the 49ers and move them to Tacoma.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have probably the best ownership, or certainly the most patient in the NFL so I would say the team right here in ATL.

The Falcons.

#1...a football starved market...UGA will always have their loyalist and Tech is Tech, but the Falcons draw across both lines and pro football is a much bigger deal to the overall metro with so many transplants here...new stadium on the way.

#2...I would fire HC Mike Smith. Not because he's a bad HC, I just think he's taken the team as far as he can...will always have trouble beating Sean Payton imo. In his place I would hire Hue Jackson...OC in CIN...got a raw deal in OAK with all the turmoil they had going on...

#3...This is water under the bridge now, but I would've signed Julio Jones at the same time as Matt Ryan...front ended Julio, and backweighted Ryan's to afford the cap hit for Julio...a high % of his deal would be guaranteed but his total figure under $100 mil..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns

I'd do it just to inject some new life into the team, become a God to the DawgPound, and really...can you do any worse? Not like you could be blamed for killing a proud franchise.

Considering I had the cash: I'd fire the entire FO and scouting crew. Clean sweep, everyone associated with the current cancer team is gone. I trade anyone on the team with any value and get the #1 pick next year. I bring in guys that have a desire to play and who weren't associated with the losing culture. I think it does rub off on players. It would be a 5 year plan, but at the end of those 5 years the team should have a mix of young, cheap players to go with hungry attitude.

No idea who would be my GM or coach. Probably would retread someone to by my GM and look for someone young with fire from the college ranks for my coach. Maybe throw an assload of money at Jimmy to by my GM.

That's one that would be very intriguing...question... you likely will have 2 top 10 picks next year...top 15 at worst...Do you take a run @ either Jamieson from FSU, the kid from ORE, UCLA? Or stand pat with Manziel?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one that would be very intriguing...question... you likely will have 2 top 10 picks next year...top 15 at worst...Do you take a run @ either Jamieson from FSU, the kid from ORE, UCLA? Or stand pat with Manziel?

Personally, I trade Manziel if I can. Considering his pick is a sunk cost, even if I don't get another 1st for him. No way do I want Winston from FSU, kid doesn't appear to have a good head on his shoulders. Mariotta would be one I'd be interested in, but I'd leave it up to my scouts/coaches/GM. I'd play fantasy football online, not with my investment. :)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy out the NYG, even though I'm a Cowboys fan. Hear me out.

1. Change NY Giants' name to NJ Hitmen.
  2. Buy Jets out of their share to use Metlife Stadium.
  3. Don't allow Jets back into Metlife unless they agree to merge into ours, thus bringing back one of my favorite non-cowboy, non-devil sports franchises ever: The NJ/NY Hitmen:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I like this so much....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I trade Manziel if I can. Considering his pick is a sunk cost, even if I don't get another 1st for him. No way do I want Winston from FSU, kid doesn't appear to have a good head on his shoulders. Mariotta would be one I'd be interested in, but I'd leave it up to my scouts/coaches/GM. I'd play fantasy football online, not with my investment. :)

I would as well. But, I'm not a big JM fan as a pro QB...loved him in CFB...the point here is that's a real possibility with CLE owning BUF's 1st rd pick...CLE could be going after yet another QB.

I would be a meddling owner...lol...not Jerry meddlesome, but I wouldn't be in the background.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would as well. But, I'm not a big JM fan as a pro QB...loved him in CFB...the point here is that's a real possibility with CLE owning BUF's 1st rd pick...CLE could be going after yet another QB.

I would be a meddling owner...lol...not Jerry meddlesome, but I wouldn't be in the background.

as much as I say I would be in the background, I'd at least be on sight and in all the meetings. If I'm rich enough to buy the team, then I'm rich enough to do nothing but sit in meetings and planning sessions. I would try to keep my mouth shut, but of course I'd have opinions too. I just wouldn't play the 'well who pays the bills around here' card. :)

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys

try to retain Jerry for marketing only he is not a GM but the man can sell vinegar and convince you its Dom Perignon vintage 1959

Hire a GM DUH

Let the GM hire the coach and pick the coaching staff and draft the players

homer pick I know but I so want my Cowboys to be contenders again

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to own the Seahawks, but they wouldn't be my choice here because, frankly, I don't think you could get a better owner than Paul Allen.

I'd take the Chargers. Love San Diego, and I've always had an affinity for the team.

First thing I'd change is moving them out of that shitty stadium and in to a better located and top-of-the line stadium, closer to the gas-lamp quarter (I know, there probably isn't a reasonable place to spot the stadium around, but I don't have the money either, so since it's all hypothetical...). Petco park is just about the perfect place for a sports stadium within any city, IMO.

Second, I'd have to get my GM to move on from Rivers. I don't hate the guy, and he has his moments, but I just don't think he'll ever take the franchise anywhere.

Third... I don't know... lower ticket & beer prices?

I'm on board with Super Chargers!!! :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Fordman took the Brownies, I'm gonna go with the Raiders!

Fan Base his huge and crazy and that's what I want in fans, get a new stadium built, hire a coaching staff that will last longer then three years and return this once pride franchise back on the map...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at moving on from Rivers

Id buy the Bills, fire the GM that made the trade last year and move them to Toronto.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns actually.

2 Top 15 picks (likely) and a very young and talented core. If Gordon can get this whole thing behind him, they could be solid. 2 great corners (one just drafted but top in this draft), a lot of playmakers and early picks in the front 7, and Thomas/Mack are still top 5 (if not top 3) at their position.

With some decent coaching, a good GM, and more 1st round picks... plus an aging Steelers team, meh Ravens team, and Bengals team who can't seem to go the distance, the Browns are in a perfect position.

Wont go homer. NFC West is way too hard at the moment. Seattle could plummet just as easily as they could repeat. NFC East is too expensive, NFC South meh (MAYBE Panthers), Rivers/Manning (Namely Manning) are getting up there in age, and the AFC North/East is a mess.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at moving on from Rivers

Id buy the Bills, fire the GM that made the trade last year and move them to Toronto.

Why torment Bills fans by moving them so close? If I was to going to move them (and I would), either San Antonio, LA or Portland is where I'd move.