• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys think our umpire was bad...?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else watch game 2 of the phils/cards game? That had to be the biggest pitchers zone I've ever seen. They were getting called strikes 5 inches outside the zone all game.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the entire game. Baffling strike zone at times. Pitch A would be a strike, pitch B in the same spot would be a ball, Pitch C clearly in the zone would be a ball, Pitch D which was clearly off the plate and low would be a strike. LaRussa was right about the strike zone as well. For the first few innings Lee was getting some pitches called strikes that were called balls for Carpenter though I thought the pitches Carpenter threw really were balls. All in all it was a good game. Just needed some consistency with the umpire.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder about the TBS pitch tracker. Last year, too. It always looks off to me. However, the umps seem to be missing calls on both teams. In a MY AB the other day the tracker showed the first two pitches to him in the same lower part of the strike zone, one on top of the other and the count was 1-1.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the entire game. Baffling strike zone at times. Pitch A would be a strike, pitch B in the same spot would be a ball, Pitch C clearly in the zone would be a ball, Pitch D which was clearly off the plate and low would be a strike. LaRussa was right about the strike zone as well. For the first few innings Lee was getting some pitches called strikes that were called balls for Carpenter though I thought the pitches Carpenter threw really were balls. All in all it was a good game. Just needed some consistency with the umpire.

it sure was nice to see Lee got knocked from the game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pitch calls were atrocious. there was 1 inning last night where everyone, the pitcher, the batters, the catcher and everyone else except the home plate umpire knew the pitches were strikes. batters started to walk back to the dugout when they suddenly realized that the clown behind the plate had called the pitch a ball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder about the TBS pitch tracker. Last year, too. It always looks off to me. However, the umps seem to be missing calls on both teams. In a MY AB the other day the tracker showed the first two pitches to him in the same lower part of the strike zone, one on top of the other and the count was 1-1.

I think its a combination of the pitch tracker not being accurate and the angle of the camera being different that we're used to

B/c I was starting to wonder the same thing, everything just looks off, but the umps are being very inconsistent with their strike/ball zones

I dont mind umps having their own personal strike zones, high strike, low strike etc... but it has to be called the same for both pitchers which has not been the case consistently

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its a combination of the pitch tracker not being accurate and the angle of the camera being different that we're used to

B/c I was starting to wonder the same thing, everything just looks off, but the umps are being very inconsistent with their strike/ball zones

I dont mind umps having their own personal strike zones, high strike, low strike etc... but it has to be called the same for both pitchers which has not been the case consistently

Agreed. It may be just me, but I've seen some half hearted two strike swings that look like they may have been influenced by out of the strike zone calls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it sure was nice to see Lee got knocked from the game.

+1 LOL at Cliff Lee ... too bad he couldn't step up and win game 1 against SF last year after we got the lead (granted he helped get us that lead but whatever) ...actually it was nice seeing Lee and Halladay struggle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. It may be just me, but I've seen some half hearted two strike swings that look like they may have been influenced by out of the strike zone calls.

TBS pitch tracker is terrible and but it's not as bad this year as last year when it was horrendous

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 LOL at Cliff Lee ... too bad he couldn't step up and win game 1 against SF last year after we got the lead (granted he helped get us that lead but whatever) ...actually it was nice seeing Lee and Halladay struggle

At least he is blowing post season games for another team this season. I really wanted to guy back, but his two WS stinkers really left a bad taste in my mouth.