• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys need to read this, if you have not heard

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Patriots cutting ties with Hernandez, but I wish they would have done it in a way that they could recoup some the cap hit. Murder conviction or not, he is obviously not the type of guy the Patriots want on their team and doesn't seem to want to change. I don't think you can compare Ray Lewis with him at all.

The way to prevent that is to put personal conduct language in a contract...poor performance by the front office.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh not me. i wanted the pats to stand by their player much like the ravens did with ray lewis. innocent until proven guilty. thats the way it works. pats convicted him and cut him after he was arrested and before the police even announced what he was charged with. thats pretty cold.

I guarantee you they knew 100% that he was seriously involved before he was released. Being convicted has no impact. He is either a killer or had it done and did not deserve any benefit of the doubt. There was no doubt, regardless of what happens in a trial.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you they knew 100% that he was seriously involved before he was released. Being convicted has no impact. He is either a killer or had it done and did not deserve any benefit of the doubt. There was no doubt, regardless of what happens in a trial.
wrong. innocent until proven guilty.

if they knew he was a killer they would of cut him regardless of getting arrested or not long time ago. you think if they knew they would just keep him on the team and keep everything hush hush? they did not know they were fooled (allegedly). you dont dump your players like that imo, shows no loyalty. if he is not guilty and walks free the pats will look foolish.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they won't. Because even if he is acquitted, there is no doubt he did it. The patriots absolutely got enough information from sources to know beyond any doubt whatsoever that he did it before they released him. A trial is irrelevant.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they won't. Because even if he is acquitted, there is no doubt he did it. The patriots absolutely got enough information from sources to know beyond any doubt whatsoever that he did it before they released him. A trial is irrelevant.
lool. ok. maybe the ravens should of cut ray lewis too even after he was found not guilty. cuz hes a killer too. regardless.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After racing from the scene, Lewis’ limo didn’t return to his hotel, the Georgian, but instead to the Holiday Inn Express where Sweeting was staying. Lewis then took a cab back to the Georgian.
It didn’t take long for police to find the limo, shot through with bullet holes, blood in the interior. It sat just a mile from the crime scene, and when cops walked into the lobby, they found Lewis’ driver, Fassett, trembling and chain-smoking.
Fassett told the police he’d seen Sweeting, Oakley and Lewis all fighting and provided details that only an eyewitness could know. He said he’d heard Oakley boast, “I stabbed mine,” and Sweeting reply, “I stabbed mine, too.” When police got to Lewis’ room, they found blood there, too — but not Lewis, who had fled to his fiancée’s family home.

A few hours after the murders, at about 6 a.m., Lewis had called Robertson and asked her to go to the Georgian and pack up everything he’d left behind. A jailhouse informant, meanwhile, told cops that Lewis was using one of his sisters to relay messages to Sweeting, telling him not to worry, that Lewis would never betray him.

Lewis himself felt he had little to worry about. The Ravens were standing firmly behind him. Lewis’ own private investigators beat the cops to just about every witness in the limo; they all got lawyers. His driver, Fassett, became increasingly unsure of what went down that night.
The trial began on May 15, 2000, and quickly fell apart. The state’s star witness, Fassett, recanted much of what he had told police. He swore he’d never seen Lewis strike anyone.

By the trial’s second week, Lewis wasn’t even attempting to appear respectful. He sat at the defense table and scrawled his autograph over and over. Finally, on June 4, Lewis’ attorney and the prosecution cut a deal. Lewis would testify against Sweeting and Oakley in exchange for one year’s probation on obstruction of justice. Lewis testified he saw Oakley fighting in the melee and that Sweeting had told Lewis he’d been punching with the same hand that cupped a knife.
Here, too, the prosecution miscalculated. On June 13, 2000, the jury acquitted both men on charges of murder and assault. They spent just five hours deliberating.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they should of cut him the moment he was arrested before he was even officially charged with anything like the pats did with hernandez. brilliant. if pats didnt cut hernandez and stuck by him theres a good chance we would still have our te. yes he will get hit with weapon charges but he will do jack time for that. not like no other nfl players have weapons or anything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him. He murdered multiple people in cold blood and has no remorse for doing so (not that that even matters).

That is not similar to ray Lewis, who was most certainly involved, but in an action that was just as clearly heat of the moment as hernandez's was premeditated.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him. He murdered multiple people in cold blood and has no remorse for doing so (not that that even matters).

That is not similar to ray Lewis, who was most certainly involved, but in an action that was just as clearly heat of the moment as hernandez's was premeditated.
yea cuz you were there and saw what happened. you dont know shit.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it. It's as obvious as when OJ did.

Just because he has a high priced lawyer and may on some off chance get away with it doesn't mean he didn't very clearly do it.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it dont matter what you know its what you can prove. innocent is innocent whether you like it or not. im sure ravens fans dont give a crap about ray lewis being a possible murderer as long as he wins them a superbowl ring. if hernandez was found not guilty i would still want him on the pats. its incredibly douchbaglike if he actually did not kill anyone nor aid anyone and you still call him a murderer. lets the courts prove it thats why they are there.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it can be proved in court. The patriots know reality and chose to no longer have a man who murdered multiple others in cold blood on their team. In this case, it is indeed what you know. They have nothing to prove to anyone.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it can be proved in court. The patriots know reality and chose to no longer have a man who murdered multiple others in cold blood on their team. In this case, it is indeed what you know. They have nothing to prove to anyone.
lool ok judge judy. tell that to the ravens who just won a sb ring thanks to a killer. the pats will look foolish when hernandez walks. thats reality.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone in cold blood, let alone multiple people.

I don't care if he walks. I couldn't root for a team that voluntarily employed a player that has premiditatedly murdered multiple people. This is not comparable to ray Lewis in any way.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone in cold blood, let alone multiple people.

I don't care if he walks. I couldn't root for a team that voluntarily employed a player that has premiditatedly murdered multiple people. This is not comparable to ray Lewis in any way.
no kidding because he was found not guilty in court. you dont know if hernandez premeditated anything. they could of went to the spot to smoke some dope and there was an argument and pop someone shot him. stop talking like what you say is fact cuz its not, its just your dellusional opinion. we'll find out what happened in court and thats what ill believe.

i dont like rooting for a team that dont have their players backs either. i dont like how they handled hernandez. didnt even give him a chance, and its gunna come back to haunt them if hes proven not guilty. theres a reason the law in this country is innocent until proven guilty, and with only little circumstantial evidence against him its even more appalling.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murder is not defensible, and from all reports the patriots made it clear that if he acted up he no longer had a place here. Murder certainly qualifies.

This isn't a one time thing, and this isn't a mistake. Hernandez did not deserve support in this.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just indicted on the double murder.

They will make one of the charges stick. Maybe both at this point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember one thing...This is Massachsetts and they have a horrible record of even getting to court. They claimed immediately that this would not be tried in the media.......and what did they do? Immediately gave an interview to the Boston Herald........ I think I could pass the Mass. Bar exam...
Name.......Political Party Affiliation__Democrat__ I passed....I Passed....I {assed.....

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they should of cut him the moment he was arrested before he was even officially charged with anything like the pats did with hernandez. brilliant. if pats didnt cut hernandez and stuck by him theres a good chance we would still have our te. yes he will get hit with weapon charges but he will do jack time for that. not like no other nfl players have weapons or anything.

Come back to the world of the living Briz. You're defending a rodent and not lookin' to good doing it.

I may have to assign you another book to read