• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You get what you deserve, ho hum Tommy Joseph

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have the best record in the league by a fairly wide margin.
wtf is up with the avatar? No joke- I literally jumped in my seat when I saw it. that shit's going to be in my fucking nightmares

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is up with the avatar? No joke- I literally jumped in my seat when I saw it. that shit's going to be in my fucking nightmares

It's a throwback to an avatar I used for an alt I had on Fannation called Welfare Bear that I used to troll DJ woth.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have had Goldy and Strasburg, but noooooooo. @Chewbaccer nabbed them
People make lopsided trades with Chew. I don't get it. He is loaded to the Max. I even put in a veto vote on one of the trades, but to no avail.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People make lopsided trades with Chew. I don't get it. He is loaded to the Max. I even put in a veto vote on one of the trades, but to no avail.
I need power and SB, and Trout, Cruz, and Villar will definitely help

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Howard could be possibly saying? Something like...he has to get his timing right or he is still rehabing his archilles? Shameful...he has no pride. Just laughing everytime he goes to the bank.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Howard could be possibly saying? Something like...he has to get his timing right or he is still rehabing his archilles? Shameful...he has no pride. Just laughing everytime he goes to the bank.
hahahahahahahaha

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan has been buried under the porch at the family home in St. Louis for 3 years now. What you are seeing is his twin brother Corey---and yes he is laughing all the way to the bank

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Howard needs glasses or contact lenses.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought this up a while back. He needs a time machine. They should leave Joseph take over and play Howard less and less. The time is right. All Mack needs is the guts to do it.
It will never happen. Veteran respect is big. Better to destroy Josephs confidence than hurt Howards feelings.
Joseph will have to wait until next year.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will never happen. Veteran respect is big. Better to destroy Josephs confidence than hurt Howards feelings.

again, just plain ignorance and crybaby shit.

joseph's career has been laced with concussions and other injuries. he made it through waivers and the rule 5 because no one wanted him. the phils still provided him with chances though and guided him along the way, allowing him to take over 1st at AAA. then he was rewarded with a quick call up (where as the majority of teams most likely would have made him prove he could even play a year, let alone hit like that the whole time.)

he was considering quitting baseball. his "confidence" comes from correcting his vision, being healthy and being given the chance to play. the phils have done everything right with him so far, including his playing time, which has masked his high K totals (common sense to anyone with a clue knowing the changeover from AAA to MLB.) yet, he's batting .300 with a .983 ops.. and i can guarantee, is absolutely jacked and the complete opposite of the tears that seem to flow from some here.

ask tommy joseph if he's upset he's not starting every single game and you'd most likely get a laugh.. and another legit, meaningful "i'm just thrilled to be here and playing baseball" type comment.

just let the fucking kid play and stop doing the non-existant crying for him :closed_2:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with _phillies_. I was, and am, of the belief that Joseph should be getting 80% of the starts against righties and obviously every start against lefties, but that's mainly because Howard is 36, in the last year of his contract, and has a 53 wRC+, which, among players with 130 PA, is 14th worst in baseball (for some perspective, Justin Upton is hitting .223/.270/.319 and has a better wRC+). If Joseph still caught I would only want to see him in maybe 40% of all games.

To say that we're ruining his confidence is asinine. _phillies_ hit the nail on the head, we've done everything to help him. So please stop saying we ruined him or his confidence, because it's just ridiculous

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with _phillies_. I was, and am, of the belief that Joseph should be getting 80% of the starts against righties and obviously every start against lefties, but that's mainly because Howard is 36, in the last year of his contract, and has a 53 wRC+, which, among players with 130 PA, is 14th worst in baseball (for some perspective, Justin Upton is hitting .223/.270/.319 and has a better wRC+). If Joseph still caught I would only want to see him in maybe 40% of all games.

To say that we're ruining his confidence is asinine. _phillies_ hit the nail on the head, we've done everything to help him. So please stop saying we ruined him or his confidence, because it's just ridiculous

thank you! that's all i'm saying.. just enjoy watching the younger kids play and stop implying this wild crap. we have nola, velasquez, franco, herrera and joseph now. others should be coming in the near future like eflin, thompson, quinn, williams, knapp, alfaro, crawford. it's not a crime if they don't play every inning.

if they're truly good, we'll see plenty of them and they'll be here for a long time. lack of playing time will do nothing to stop their abilities. but it can certainly help to take it slow, learn from the players around you and be able to relax.

and none of this even really applies to joseph, who has had 18 AB and 4 starts in the last 7 games.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hellno: I'm sure you're being sarcastic. This may be the week that Joseph takes Howard's job. Even Salisbury said that today. We're witnessing good competition with the two players in the lineup. The Phillies and their fans have already shown great respect for Howard for a couple of years. Besides, forcing the fans and the team itself to watch a .150 hitter is embarrassing, as has been expressed by many posters.

It would be better for the team if they release Howard but I just don't see that happening because of sentiment, etc. Then again, you saw Howard's 3rd strike last night missing it by 2 feet. Remember Ruf's last strikeout where he looked silly flailing at a pitch out of the strike zone? Look at Joseph's performance. Think about the pressure he's under - and he's been brilliant in this brief time. With Howard gone, we could be more flexible when Asche arrives. I'm for winning as many games as possible with this young, amazing pitching staff, even though it's only a quarter of the season. Let's win more of these 1-run games!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno: I'm sure you're being sarcastic. This may be the week that Joseph takes Howard's job. Even Salisbury said that today. We're witnessing good competition with the two players in the lineup. The Phillies and their fans have already shown great respect for Howard for a couple of years. Besides, forcing the fans and the team itself to watch a .150 hitter is embarrassing, as has been expressed by many posters.

It would be better for the team if they release Howard but I just don't see that happening because of sentiment, etc. Then again, you saw Howard's 3rd strike last night missing it by 2 feet. Remember Ruf's last strikeout where he looked silly flailing at a pitch out of the strike zone? Look at Joseph's performance. Think about the pressure he's under - and he's been brilliant in this brief time. With Howard gone, we could be more flexible when Asche arrives. I'm for winning as many games as possible with this young, amazing pitching staff, even though it's only a quarter of the season. Let's win more of these 1-run games!
You are right. I was being sarcastic. Howard is now four for his last 48 at bats. 4-48 is beyond slumping.
Howard is fried. Joseph is getting a real opportunity to replace him now. Mack needs to stop hitting Howard in the clean up spot as well. If he is going to play let him bat 7th.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes no sense! i'm one of the few people here who extensively follows MILB. i wanted joseph to be called up and i'd love for him to just bash the fuck out of the ball.

you can't understand the phils aren't trying to win now. it's just been a great surprise they have been so far. just like you can't understand howard is done and joseph is the frontrunner to get the 1st base job, so there is no benefit to rushing him.

just like wentz is the eagles QB of the future. there is no need to rush him until he is fully capable of taking over. joseph just made the move to 1st base and hasn't had more than 199 AB since 2012. he is no position to just take over 1st and play every day yet.

but, whatever, you know. if he fails, fans will just claim he's a bust.
I wonder what happens now. Joseph is hitting the ball against everybody. But you said he is in no position to take over and play everyday! It is your responsibility to warn the phillies management. since you are the only one
who makes sense!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what happens now. Joseph is hitting the ball against everybody. But you said he is in no position to take over and play everyday! It is your responsibility to warn the phillies management. since you are the only one
who makes sense!

your schtick is straight boring.

i said they would initially protect him against righties, platoon him and get him his fair share of AB. i also said he'll probably struggle with those righties, but if he can do any damage, he'll get more starts along the way. just like i also said to be patient, he's getting plenty of time and he won't be "ruined" because he's on the bench for a game here and there.

all of it has shown to be true. yet, you make some weak attempt to mock me? sure thing, champ. darin ruf's dick is calling for you.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your schtick is straight boring.

i said they would initially protect him against righties, platoon him and get him his fair share of AB. i also said he'll probably struggle with those righties, but if he can do any damage, he'll get more starts along the way. just like i also said to be patient, he's getting plenty of time and he won't be "ruined" because he's on the bench for a game here and there.

all of it has shown to be true. yet, you make some weak attempt to mock me? sure thing, champ. darin ruf's dick is calling for you.
You will never admit when you are wrong about anything. Mock you? You are the king of mockers! You constantly
belittle Phillies fans with your imaginary knowledge.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when will some listen?! after becoming the starter and collecting a total of 109 AB, joseph is hitting .181 with a .176 obp (yes, 0 walks) and .598 ops against righties.

the same people who loved the howard extension and told the people who disagreed with it they didn't know what they were talking about, are the same ones who bash howard now. and the same ones trying to rush joseph into a spot as if it's going out of style in the next few weeks.

a fan who can't look at the business angle and future of a franchise can never truly be anything more than a monday morning QB.