• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yesterday's Crappy Play

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of the teams fielded yesterday the Patriots would have wiped their arse with and the Seahawks would have simply lost.

Hope we see more of the same today! :suds:

....seriously though, wasn't that sad to see? I especially felt bad for the Raiders. 14 fucking years to then lose your Tom Brady right before the playoffs. That's rough.

14310696_1188097721235862_1420302008_n.jpg

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I kinda feel bad for the Raiders. They had "the look" this year. My opinion is the MVP should go to Carr since there was such an obvious drop off when he got hurt yet the Pats still went 3 and 1 with a backup and a 3rd stringer. Just my opinion.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of the teams fielded yesterday the Patriots would have wiped their arse with and the Seahawks would have simply lost.

Hope we see more of the same today! :suds:

I sure don't. No one wants to watch shitty football. Well, other than you. I prefer good, competitive games.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I kinda feel bad for the Raiders. They had "the look" this year. My opinion is the MVP should go to Carr since there was such an obvious drop off when he got hurt yet the Pats still went 3 and 1 with a backup and a 3rd stringer. Just my opinion.

The Raiders would of been fun to watch this post season. I kind of agree with you about Carr for MVP. The one thing that might hurt him (this is just my thoughts) is that when Carr went down, the Raiders seemed to have given up. They showed zero heart and pride the last two games. Maybe I'm wrong.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins @ Steeler proved more crappy play. And this is on ESPNs front page. I find it laughable.

Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers put rest of AFC on notice
PITTSBURGH -- This was not an AFC wild-card Sunday in Heinz Field. This was a bitter-cold beatdown, and a re-introduction by the Pittsburgh Steelers to the Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots or whomever else.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have not played a game in temps below 65 degrees this year. Today they get to Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and it's 18 degrees. What could anyone expect? The air was colder than Frozen Margarita. The ground was harder than the Dolphins home playing surface.

The Texans took on a depleted Raiders team with a third string QB playing in his first NFL game. They were also playing on their indoor home field. Lets see how tough that defense is when they have to play in a 15 degree snowstorm in Foxboro next weekend. Another team that hasn't played in any adverse weather this season.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well nobody looked particularly scary this weekend. Rodgers is the only real factor but losing Nelson will catch up with them....if he's lost. Haven't seen any updates on him.

We should start a thread where we predict at what point Garappollo enters the game Saturday night!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins have not played a game in temps below 65 degrees this year. Today they get to Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and it's 18 degrees. What could anyone expect? The air was colder than Frozen Margarita. The ground was harder than the Dolphins home playing surface.

The Texans took on a depleted Raiders team with a third string QB playing in his first NFL game. They were also playing on their indoor home field. Lets see how tough that defense is when they have to play in a 15 degree snowstorm in Foxboro next weekend. Another team that hasn't played in any adverse weather this season.

What is the forecast for Foxborough next weekend?
This past Saturday it was about 12 F at kickoff in TN, they are predicting mid 60's for this coming Saturday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temp Saturday night at game time is forecast to be 23. Snow is expected to fall starting Saturday afternoon and through Saturday night into Sunday morning. Precipitation is 60%. Winds expected to be between 20-30 MPH.

Given the above guess, it'll be moderate snow, blowing sideways, the wind chill around 12-13 degrees. Perfect January football weather.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell Beckham will think again about going out on a yacht before a big game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I much rather see the Raiders still in the post season compared to KC or Pitt

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the reasons though I think the Raiders even with Carr were not going far in the playoffs is they didn't do a great job when playing playoff teams. They went 1-3 with Carr in the regular season with the 1 win coming against the Texans in a very controversial win. Otherwise they lost twice to the Chiefs looking terrible in both games and against the Falcons earlier in the year. Also shows that while they played in a tough division the schedule wasn't exactly brutal this year for the Raiders.

They are on the right path but this is why there are those stepping stones to success. Starts with building up the roster to actually have some talent. Then starting to win in those close games and getting to the playoffs. Then it is show you belong against the big teams in the league.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have been through this on a number of occasions. Belichick doesn't let the team lose their focus on what they have to do. He certainly won't let the coaches drop the ball either.

Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans gave the Patriots and Tom Brady all of the Bulletin Board material they need yesterday. He talked openly with the media about Brady and and his stupidity during Deflategate and how JJ Watt would never have trashed his phone. I figure the point spread should be moved up from 16 points to 61. Not the smartest move by an owner. Starting to put him in the Jed York category.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll going down!

We gonna put a whoopin' just like we did in Week 3!

Oh....

Wait...

Never mind.

I'll see myself out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have been through this on a number of occasions. Belichick doesn't let the team lose their focus on what they have to do. He certainly won't let the coaches drop the ball either.

Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans gave the Patriots and Tom Brady all of the Bulletin Board material they need yesterday. He talked openly with the media about Brady and and his stupidity during Deflategate and how JJ Watt would never have trashed his phone. I figure the point spread should be moved up from 16 points to 61. Not the smartest move by an owner. Starting to put him in the Jed York category.

Appreciate the feedback. Yeah figured if there is a HC that can make sure those things don't become a distraction it would be BB. Even if they are distracted I don't think that is enough for the Texans to have the upset.