• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees are still the Yankees; what were the Cardinals thinking?

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're making up these numbers yourself, I suggest writing for a major sports page for $. this breakdown is awesome.

I am not making them up. I am using Cot's Baseball Contracts as a source, but I do keep a spreadsheet of the Sox, Yankees, and Mets contract commitments for these discussions.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peralta wasn't even on my radar because I assume that his numbers were a result of the PED use and therefore I thought most GMs would stay away. The Cardinals usually do rent veterans to fill in the gaps but this seems a bit like a desperation move because the Rangers just made a big trade that fit their team, Colorado probably wanted way too much for Tulo, Drew is overvalued and Furcal is too much of a question mark. We obviously wanted a good, experienced bat and we are going to expect Oquendo to go to work on the glove. Its really the known PED use that rubs people the wrong way, I think.

I think the general expectation is that Wong will play 2B and Carpenter 3B. Wong showed almost nothing last year, though. I think there is a good chance that Craig will be in the OF and Adams at 1B until Taveras comes up but likely Jay stay out there and Adams plays as a pinch hitter. Matheny basically has a host of options to choose from but there might be some growing pains if they are relying on Wong and Taveras early on.

Is it wise to play Craig in the OF, with his injury history? A game a week is one thing, but expecting him to be out there everyday is another. Especially coming off his foot injury.

I get that the expected alignment is Carpenter at 3B, Wong at 2B, and Peralta at SS, but that looks like a poor left side defense, especially when you factor in Holliday in LF.

I just thought they liked Peralta because of his ability to play 3B and swing Carpenter back to 2B if Wong struggles, or allow them to trade Wong for a legitimate SS.

I would rather have Drew at those dollars than Peralta. You get an equivalent bat and much better defense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is doing a "NBA" flop
Cam Newton did a 'soccer' flop and got 15 yards.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, the Pats are a sneaky good team this year and they are getting healthy now. Last nights game was really good, I thought. Peyton Manning has a long history of losing to special teams so it seemed par for the course. Those two can't have a tie game because then it would feel like the last time they would meet and I think they have at least 1 more go at it. Broncos and Pats are the most complete teams in the AFC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Drew at those dollars than Peralta. You get an equivalent bat and much better defense.
Do we know Drew's dollars, though? The Cards just might not be that into him, too. They've had their shot at Drew before but chose Furcal, IIRC.

Peralta at 3rd sounds attractive but SS needs to be plugged in.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm going to start my own book

"top 100 reasons why Tom Brady is the greatest to ever play America's game"

how's that sound?

A: Baseball is "America's game, not football.

B: As much as I like Brady Joe Montana was better.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know Drew's dollars, though? The Cards just might not be that into him, too. They've had their shot at Drew before but chose Furcal, IIRC.

Peralta at 3rd sounds attractive but SS needs to be plugged in.

His price may go up with Peralta's contract, but it was expected he get around 4/$48mm.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanna hear my rap skills?

yo yo yo....... YO!

what's up wit dis here thread?
somethin like 20 muthafuckiz acting like they straight up dead

do ya'll get paid leave time during the holiday season?
or do you just take it up the ass like worrld for no good reason?

does the baseball offseason make all of you disappear mad?
or are you MIA like robinson cano, a deadbeat dad?

you all need to come back and continue reppin your own cities
or just run away to zig's house of crack and man-titties

WORD LIFE!

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this reminds me of several episodes of looney tunes

ChicagoFanBeingChicagoFan.gif