• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE champion Roman Reigns vs Cancer

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder how the people that treated him so wrongly feel now. It explains why Vince was so behind him always pushing. I guess that shows the true fans, the ones that respected the man before the social media pity party starts.
He beat it once, he can do it again.

This is a dumb thing to say. For one, no this isn't the reason Vince was behind him. And two, the fans were never against Roman Reigns. They were booing how he was being used. The boos were directed at management, not the man himself.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dumb thing to say. For one, no this isn't the reason Vince was behind him. And two, the fans were never against Roman Reigns. They were booing how he was being used. The boos were directed at management, not the man himself.

The boos started when he won the Royal Rumble and Daniel Bryan didn’t because certain fans didn’t like that their guy wasn’t being pushed as the top guy and Roman was. And then it escalated into ridiculous nonsense. Wasn’t the case for everyone who hated Roman reigns I would say at least 85% for no reason.

And you can’t say that it was directed towards management when people would boo Roman and then an hour later Vince would show up on the same show and people would cheer him because they like seeing Vince. If you want to send a message about how Vince books people don’t cheer Vince when you see him because it completely makes your point irrelevant.

I would say a lot of fans jumped on the hate Roman bandwagon for no other reason than to look cool because they wanted to be part of the booing.

Vince likes Roman and wanted to push Roman as his top guy which is certainly his right as it’s his company. However I would classify a lot of the people booing him as idiots because you know Vince is pushing Romain and yet you still paid money into Vince’s pocket so why should he listen to those booing and change his plans? He already has your money, if they really want to make an impact they would not be Roman and just sit there quietly that’s how you send a message.

It’s like paying money to go see Justin Bieber and then booing him at his own show. He already had your money and yet you look like an ass to everyone in the audience because you’re booing someone you don’t like (which sure is your right) but it still makes you look like an idiot because you’re still at the show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boos started when he won the Royal Rumble and Daniel Bryan didn’t because certain fans didn’t like that their guy wasn’t being pushed as the top guy and Roman was. And then it escalated into ridiculous nonsense. Wasn’t the case for everyone who hated Roman reigns I would say at least 85% for no reason.

And you can’t say that it was directed towards management when people would boo Roman and then an hour later Vince would show up on the same show and people would cheer him because they like seeing Vince. If you want to send a message about how Vince books people don’t cheer Vince when you see him because it completely makes your point irrelevant.

I would say a lot of fans jumped on the hate Roman bandwagon for no other reason than to look cool because they wanted to be part of the booing.

Vince likes Roman and wanted to push Roman as his top guy which is certainly his right as it’s his company. However I would classify a lot of the people booing him as idiots because you know Vince is pushing Romain and yet you still paid money into Vince’s pocket so why should he listen to those booing and change his plans? He already has your money, if they really want to make an impact they would not be Roman and just sit there quietly that’s how you send a message.

It’s like paying money to go see Justin Bieber and then booing him at his own show. He already had your money and yet you look like an ass to everyone in the audience because you’re booing someone you don’t like (which sure is your right) but it still makes you look like an idiot because you’re still at the show.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. All the stuff you said about fans directing boos at Reigns are all exactly what I'm talking about when they're directing their boos at management from how Reigns was used, not towards the man's actual talent. Whether it was an effective form of discontent is an entirely different convo and is debatable. Because one side you've got times where WWE will shove Reigns or Cena or whoever as a square peg into a round hole, the fans will boo, and WWE will just charge ahead anyway despite the negative feedback but other times they'll reverse course and embrace it whether its finally warming up to DB, jumping on fully with a face New Day after all their antics kept getting laughs and cheers, etc.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. All the stuff you said about fans directing boos at Reigns are all exactly what I'm talking about when they're directing their boos at management from how Reigns was used, not towards the man's actual talent. Whether it was an effective form of discontent is an entirely different convo and is debatable. Because one side you've got times where WWE will shove Reigns or Cena or whoever as a square peg into a round hole, the fans will boo, and WWE will just charge ahead anyway despite the negative feedback but other times they'll reverse course and embrace it whether its finally warming up to DB, jumping on fully with a face New Day after all their antics kept getting laughs and cheers, etc.

My main point was you can’t say that they were directing the boos towards management when management(Vince) would show up and they would cheer him even though they were just booing Roman an hour ago to send a message to Vince that they didn’t like his booking.

Start a Roman sucks chant while Vince is out there, boo Vince, or hell do nothing but the same people booing Roman were the same people giving Vince this huge ovation everytime he was on screen. That doesn’t send a message to management that you don’t like the way Roman is booked. And that backs up my second point which was the majority of people were booing Roman to look cool or to fit in they didn’t have an actual reason.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what PWI wrote about when people knew

We have gotten a number of emails about the Roman Reigns announcement that he is battling leukemia and when people within the company knew. I have been avoiding writing about this because I feel like its ghoulish to even discuss this, but we keep getting emails, so to address it once and for all, 99% of those in the company had no idea what Roman was going to announce before he walked out on Raw. As far as those who knew before the announcement Monday, we are told that only the most upper-tier members of WWE management (that's how it was described to me, so it probably means talent relations and the McMahon family's inner circle) and those who are part of Reigns' family knew that he was ill. The announcers were not clued in before the announcement. My gut feeling on why it was kept quiet from everyone was that WWE, out of respect for Roman and everything that he's done for the company, wanted to allow Reigns to be able to tell everyone himself however he wanted. We wish Roman and the entire Anoa'i family the best.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is out until 2020 at the earliest cause once he gets done with treatment its gonna take him another 8-12 months to get his physique back.....if he comes back at all. He is in my prayers.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a sad situation. Noone deserves this. My very best to him at this time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point was you can’t say that they were directing the boos towards management when management(Vince) would show up and they would cheer him even though they were just booing Roman an hour ago to send a message to Vince that they didn’t like his booking.

Start a Roman sucks chant while Vince is out there, boo Vince, or hell do nothing but the same people booing Roman were the same people giving Vince this huge ovation everytime he was on screen. That doesn’t send a message to management that you don’t like the way Roman is booked. And that backs up my second point which was the majority of people were booing Roman to look cool or to fit in they didn’t have an actual reason.

It doesn't really work like that though. They react when said wrestler is out there and pretty much only then because that's when everyone is thinking about it. It's also more direct. It's clear to management what's being reacted to. It's voicing opinion at this specific part of the show. If Vince or someone else from management comes out at a different part of the show, no one is going to use that time to start airing their grievances. They're watching what's going on in front of them, not thinking about other things. If they just straight boo'd Vince, there'd be no way of knowing what the actual boos were for. You mentioned starting a "wrestler SUCKS" chant, but that's like a preplanned thing. Good luck getting 10,000 people to realize "Hey, Vince is here tonight. Let's use this time to chant about another part of the show we don't like".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Roman can overcome his cancer, not even for wrestling...forget wrestling, but for his life..his family.