• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WS HFA Change I'd Like to See

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deciding WS HFA based on the outcome of the ASG is not only dumb it is solely based on Selig needing to force the fan voted stars to play in order to meet the agreed terms in the TV contract signed by MLB. We could do away with the ASG for all I care.

Way WS HFA should be determined:
1. A division winner gets HFA over a WC winner from the other league

2. If both teams are division winners or both are WC winners ... HFA next would go to the team with the better regular season record.

3. If both teams have identical regular season records ... HFA would go to the team with better interleague play record.

4. If both teams have identical interleague play records ... HFA goes to the team with the better record head to head against the other league champion.

5. If the teams split their head to head wins evenly (or didn't meet during the regular season) ... then if it is an odd number year the NL gets HFA ... and if it is an even number year the AL team gets HFA.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deciding WS HFA based on the outcome of the ASG is not only dumb it is solely based on Selig needing to force the fan voted stars to play in order to meet the agreed terms in the TV contract signed by MLB. We could do away with the ASG for all I care.

2. If both teams are division winners or both are WC winners ... HFA next would go to the team with the better regular season record.

3. If both teams have identical regular season records ... HFA would go to the team with better interleague play record.

4. If both teams have identical interleague play records ... HFA goes to the team with the better record head to head against the other league champion.

5. If the teams split their head to head wins evenly (or didn't meet during the regular season) ... then if it is an odd number year the NL gets HFA ... and if it is an even number year the AL team gets HFA.

As long as the wild card winner never gets HFA, I'm good with this. If both teams are wild card winners then the best record should get HFA.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yes this stupid arrangement this has to be revised. I thought the Rangers were screwed big time because of this. If we have games 6 and 7 at home like it should have been then there is no rain out and Carpenter does not pitch. Its like everything that could have went wrong went wrong for the Rangers. Its going to take me a long time to get over game 6

Grapesoda2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Good Rules..... Should be always make sure the better team has home field advantage. The cardinals didn't deserve it for sure.