• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR room

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else makes the 53?

1660917847204.png

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Williams, Hinton, Washington and maybe one more for Special Teams.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Broncos will keep five wide receivers on the roster or go with six? Obviously, Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy and KJ Hamlerare locks. The rookie Montrell Washington seems to be one, but Kendall Hinton, Seth Williams, Brandon Johnson all had moments in first preseason game (I know it’s preseason). With the injury history of the group, wouldn’t it make sense to keep six and not five? — Ronak P.

I would add Washington into the group of locks you mention. That means the rest of the receiving group is battling for one or two spots. The thing to remember when debating five versus six receivers is the overwhelming odds say that when you cut a player at the end of camp, you’ll have a chance to get him back on your practice squad. That was the case last season. General manager George Paton kept only five wide receivers and cut, among others, Hinton, Williams and Tyrie Cleveland. All three players were signed back to Denver’s practice squad and all three saw time on the field for the Broncos in 2021. (That said, the Broncos did this week cut receiver Travis Fulgham and he was claimed on waivers by the Packers.)

Ultimately, the math at wide receiver could be impacted by a number of other spots on the roster. For example, does Denver keep five tight ends, including fullback hybrid Andrew Beck? Or does it go with four? Those spots may be linked. In the end, I think you see five wide receivers on the initial 53-man roster with at least a couple more kept on the practice squad. Also, don’t rule out a trade by Paton at this position similar to the one last September involving camp standout Trinity Benson, who was sent to the Lions for a pair of late-round picks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinton makes it because Wilson likes him - Washington because of special teams - and Johnson because he is this year's UDFA

TE room takes the haircut here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Stukes talked about Tyrie Cleveland he made it sound like Cleveland is a huge part of the special teams unit. Obviously he hasn't been able to practice with his injury, but going to be interesting to see what the team does with him.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Stukes talked about Tyrie Cleveland he made it sound like Cleveland is a huge part of the special teams unit. Obviously he hasn't been able to practice with his injury, but going to be interesting to see what the team does with him.
Johnson with similar body to Cleveland. Do we see Johnson proving his special teams chops the next couple games?

1660920153849.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson with similar body to Cleveland. Do we see Johnson proving his special teams chops the next couple games?

View attachment 305692
If he can then he is a lock to make the roster in my opinion. It is the one thing missing from his game, but also maybe the most important thing he needs to make this roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinton makes it because Wilson likes him - Washington because of special teams - and Johnson because he is this year's UDFA

TE room takes the haircut here.

Agree with this. I think Hinton is near a lock at this point. He has had a great training camp and did well in the PS game and has some experience now.

It really comes down to Brandon Johnson vs Seth Williams, IMO.

Could see Cleveland starting season on short term IR. But with so many WRs playing well it is tough on him with the injury.

Notice we have like 8 WR"s playing well now that we have two QB's that can throw the ball?

Funny how that works!

Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler
Washington (return man)
Hinton
Johnson vs Williams (Just hope we can store the other on the PS)

IR- Cleveland

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. I think Hinton is near a lock at this point. He has had a great training camp and did well in the PS game and has some experience now.

It really comes down to Brandon Johnson vs Seth Williams, IMO.

Could see Cleveland starting season on short term IR. But with so many WRs playing well it is tough on him with the injury.

Notice we have like 8 WR"s playing well now that we have two QB's that can throw the ball?

Funny how that works!

Sutton
Jeudy
Hamler
Washington (return man)
Hinton
Johnson vs Williams (Just hope we can store the other on the PS)

IR- Cleveland
I like this - judging by your answer _ I'd say you actually read my post. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Johnson is running with the 1st team. He's made the team.
Cleveland may be a pick by ST coach
Washington is the returner/slot guy

Leaves a battle between S Williams/Virgil and Hinton.

Virgil has something you cant teach speed.

I like Hinton.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Brandon Johnson has seen a lot of work with the first team this week. Means he is probably locked in. I feel like Hinton is nearly locked in but not fully with the offseason reviews he has has. We aren’t going to be able to sign all these guys to the PS. Afraid we will lose Virgil and Seth off waivers. Dallas needs WR help and both guys played well against Dallas. Wish we could store them all but we may wanna work the phones a bit as I don’t think we are lucky enought to get both back on the PS.

Cleveland can start on short term IR with his injury so that buys some roster room with him.

We went from maybe our weakest WR year two years ago to probably out deepest this year.

Our WR’s came to party this year!!

All these guys (Johnson, Hinton, Williams, Virgil) played great in Sat. Dallas is probably chomping at the bit a little bit for our waivers moves at WR.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps having a guy get them the ball too.