• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR/Flex question

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start 2 RBs 2 WRs and a flex...pretty standard.

My two starting RBs and McCoy and Forte...no brainers

1 of my WRs is Blackmon

I normally start Garcon but he has a tough matchup this week

As of now I have DeAngelo Williams in at flex

Am I sane for considering benching Garcon for Terrance Williams?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start 2 RBs 2 WRs and a flex...pretty standard.

My two starting RBs and McCoy and Forte...no brainers

1 of my WRs is Blackmon

I normally start Garcon but he has a tough matchup this week

As of now I have DeAngelo Williams in at flex

Am I sane for considering benching Garcon for Terrance Williams?

I would not bench Garcon for Twilliams... Think about it this way, RG3 has not been playing well this season, but he has still found ways to pass for over 200 yards every game... If RG3 is going to do that then why would you not want his number one WR?? Willams is the number 3 guy at best for receivers(that includes Witten)...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not bench Garcon for Twilliams... Think about it this way, RG3 has not been playing well this season, but he has still found ways to pass for over 200 yards every game... If RG3 is going to do that then why would you not want his number one WR?? Willams is the number 3 guy at best for receivers(that includes Witten)...

Garcon just hasnt gotten intothe endzone much...thats my biggest issue.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the rest of your team, but with McCoy and Forte I'd want to go with a WR that is most likely to give me at least a handful of points rather than boom-or-bust. With Austin back, Williams might have zero catches or eight - unpredictable.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only reason why I would even contemplate T Will over Garcon is if you believe that DAL game will be a shootout, and not a FG competition. CHI hasn't been devastating on WR1s, but still hard to count on anything going against that D. Also, laurent robinson had an amazing season working a similar role to TWill a couple seasons back (9 TDs in an 8 game stretch), so not completely unreal to think TWill's TD streak to continue.

A lot of attention given to Dez. IF there was 1 week to consider the lineup switch, this would be the week I'd consider it.

I say roll the dice and take the chance on TWill, if you think that you have solid matchups for the rest of your studs. If you have some questionable matchups for your top dogs, I'd stick with Pierre G

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Monkey and I have a different approach - I gamble on a boom-or-bust guy when the rest of my team looks weak, because I figure I'll need a home run for a chance to win; he gambles when the rest of his team looks strong, because he can afford to.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both matchups for McCoy and Forte. McCoy gets Dallas without Ware and Forte gets Washington. My guess is that Washington will need to pass and RGIII looks at Garcon alot but he just hasnt had the explosive games that he is capable of and Tillman is a great corner.

I will likely stay with Garcon but this is the first week that I have considered benching him. BTW Roddy White can suck it...hes more useless than tits on a man.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both matchups for McCoy and Forte. McCoy gets Dallas without Ware and Forte gets Washington. My guess is that Washington will need to pass and RGIII looks at Garcon alot but he just hasnt had the explosive games that he is capable of and Tillman is a great corner.

I will likely stay with Garcon but this is the first week that I have considered benching him. BTW Roddy White can suck it...hes more useless than tits on a man.

If you have Roddy, I don't think there's anything else you can do but be patient. Can't cut him, can't trade him...for anything worthwhile, anyway. If and when he comes back, he'll be the top dog on the Falcons. I'm hoping they finally got smart and are giving him this extra time to get healthy. Honestly, this isn't baseball and he isn't Cal Ripken. No one cares about his streak, except maybe for Roddy.

In any event, he could be a major factor for fantasy teams down the stretch. :hope: