• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow, no words, Idaho WR dead of cancer...

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little over a month after diagnosis...

Idaho announced Tuesday that wide receiver Collin Sather died earlier in the day. He was 19 years old.

Sather, a redshirt freshman, was diagnosed with kidney cancer in January. The cancer had spread to his lungs and neck as it progressed.

"Collin was a tremendous young man and a great teammate," Idaho head coach Paul Petrino said in a statement "It is a testament to him to see how many of our players cared so deeply about him and how many lives he touched in the Vandal Family in such a short time. We challenge our players to be tough and always choose character. Nobody did a better job of that than Collin. My time with him made me a better person and I know his teammates feel the same way."" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Collin was a tremendous young man and a great teammate," Idaho head coach Paul Petrino said in a statement "It is a testament to him to see how many of our players cared so deeply about him and how many lives he touched in the Vandal Family in such a short time. We challenge our players to be tough and always choose character. Nobody did a better job of that than Collin. My time with him made me a better person and I know his teammates feel the same way."

Idaho said Sather started having stomach pains on Jan. 17 and was taken to the hospital on Jan. 21. He was then diagnosed with advanced renal cancer.

"On behalf of the Vandal Family, our deepest condolences go out to Collin's family and loved ones," Idaho interim athletic director Pete Isakson said. "Collin made a profound impact on the lives of those he touched throughout our department and across the campus community. The loss of a 19-year-old is difficult to comprehend and we are here for anybody who needs help during this challenging time."" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"On behalf of the Vandal Family, our deepest condolences go out to Collin's family and loved ones," Idaho interim athletic director Pete Isakson said. "Collin made a profound impact on the lives of those he touched throughout our department and across the campus community. The loss of a 19-year-old is difficult to comprehend and we are here for anybody who needs help during this challenging time.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little over a month after diagnosis...

Idaho announced Tuesday that wide receiver Collin Sather died earlier in the day. He was 19 years old.

Sather, a redshirt freshman, was diagnosed with kidney cancer in January. The cancer had spread to his lungs and neck as it progressed.

"Collin was a tremendous young man and a great teammate," Idaho head coach Paul Petrino said in a statement "It is a testament to him to see how many of our players cared so deeply about him and how many lives he touched in the Vandal Family in such a short time. We challenge our players to be tough and always choose character. Nobody did a better job of that than Collin. My time with him made me a better person and I know his teammates feel the same way."" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"Collin was a tremendous young man and a great teammate," Idaho head coach Paul Petrino said in a statement "It is a testament to him to see how many of our players cared so deeply about him and how many lives he touched in the Vandal Family in such a short time. We challenge our players to be tough and always choose character. Nobody did a better job of that than Collin. My time with him made me a better person and I know his teammates feel the same way."

Idaho said Sather started having stomach pains on Jan. 17 and was taken to the hospital on Jan. 21. He was then diagnosed with advanced renal cancer.

"On behalf of the Vandal Family, our deepest condolences go out to Collin's family and loved ones," Idaho interim athletic director Pete Isakson said. "Collin made a profound impact on the lives of those he touched throughout our department and across the campus community. The loss of a 19-year-old is difficult to comprehend and we are here for anybody who needs help during this challenging time."" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">"On behalf of the Vandal Family, our deepest condolences go out to Collin's family and loved ones," Idaho interim athletic director Pete Isakson said. "Collin made a profound impact on the lives of those he touched throughout our department and across the campus community. The loss of a 19-year-old is difficult to comprehend and we are here for anybody who needs help during this challenging time.

Talk about tough to read — I just got off the phone with my brother. They found a ‘mass’ in his kidney and he has to go in for surgery to make sure it isn’t cancer. (Said it is a 50/50 shot if it is or isn’t cancerous)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about tough to read — I just got off the phone with my brother. They found a ‘mass’ in his kidney and he has to go in for surgery to make sure it isn’t cancer. (Said it is a 50/50 shot if it is or isn’t cancerous)
You’ve been having a tough time of it recently.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve been having a tough time of it recently.

Yeah — no kidding. My little bro got lucky though, if you want to call it lucky.
He had a vesectomy (he has a 1 and 2 year old) and only 1% get an infection from it. He was in the 1%, so they had to do a MRI to check out what was going on and found the mass in his kidney during that MRI.

So they said — they caught it so early that worst case scenario is they have to remove part of his kidney. It is just reading Kidney Disease taking that young man’s life and hearing my brother say that is what the doctor’s told him he has that made my stomach turn.

But obviously — they were in two very different stages of cancer.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn..from diagnosis to passing in a matter of a month. poor kid never stood a chance. Heartbreaking thing to read about, my heart goes out to his Mom & Dad, and all his loved ones

Rest peacefully, Collin

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah — no kidding. My little bro got lucky though, if you want to call it lucky.
He had a vesectomy (he has a 1 and 2 year old) and only 1% get an infection from it. He was in the 1%, so they had to do a MRI to check out what was going on and found the mass in his kidney during that MRI.

So they said — they caught it so early that worst case scenario is they have to remove part of his kidney. It is just reading Kidney Disease taking that young man’s life and hearing my brother say that is what the doctor’s told him he has that made my stomach turn.

But obviously — they were in two very different stages of cancer.
I think you would sign up pretty much anyone to have a mild to medium infection if it meant catching cancer that early. Definitely lucky.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread sucks.

giphy.gif

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. At such a young age. Damn damn damn.

RIP.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that is awful

Nate505

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is depressing/frightening how fast cancer can move.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP. way too young. Cancer just all out sucks

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports I'm reading say he was a multi sport star in high school back in Spokane, WA, and that he had a profound affect on everyone around him. It saddens me that he didn't have the chance to spread his greatness further. The world needs more people like him. My hopes and prayers go out to his family and Vandal nation. RIP, Collin......you gave your all in your short time.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad. I hate that disease.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about this on the sports radio the other day. Sad.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just fucking brutal.....