• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow, Dez Bryant speaks about his life in Rolling Stone

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was messed up, but his childhood sounds bad.

On being raised in poor conditions in Lufkin, a Bible Belt town of 35,000:

“Crackheads in my house, potato chips and peanut butter for dinner – my life was (expetive) all the way to college. ... I’m talking at least 15 people. You’d be lucky if you had a Hot Pocket for dinner. We used to eat at Salvation Army on the regular, when the neighbors couldn’t help us out.”

Rolling Stone points out that Bryant was largely raised by his brother, who also happened to be his uncle. More on Bryant's turbulent upbringing in this Dallas Morning News piece.

On his mother, the oldest of eight children by six fathers. She was impregnated at 14 by her mother’s boyfriend, MacArthur Hatton, who’d also sired two of Angela’s siblings. She sold crack to help support the family and spent a brief time in jail:

“The drug game wasn’t going how it should go, I guess, and she would get mad and take it out on me. Hit me with a pipe and threw a car amp at me – slashed me across the back. ... We never, ever had that guidance, as far as report cards and homework. We just did whatever the hell we wanted to do."

The magazine points out that Angela is now clean and re-married (to a woman). Bryant discussed his mother's sexual orientation and their relationship in a Dallas Morning News piece.

On how he started football, by stealing his first equipment:

“Me and my mom went down to the field to sign me up. But when they told us that we needed, you know, to pay for the equipment, we...well, we didn’t have the (money). ... But I swear on my life, I was blessed that day. There was this abandoned trailer, and on the stoop outside, I seen these shoulder pads and helmet sitting there. The craziest (expletive) was, they actually fit me. I stole those, man. I stole ’em and I played."

Dez Bryant details 'crackheads in my house,' turbulent childhood in Rolling Stone cover story

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe his antics aren't so bad afterall. I'm not a big blame the childhood defense, but his childhood was fucked.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Dez made it thru that horrible childhood. He's finally becoming a well adjusted man.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolling Stone points out that Bryant was largely raised by his brother, who also happened to be his uncle.

etgub62afz3txuygbukv.gif

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe his antics aren't so bad afterall. I'm not a big blame the childhood defense, but his childhood was fucked.

His antics aren't bad. He just wants to win and be the best.

As for the childhood thing, what we go through defines who we are one way or another. Though many people seem to mistake being a product of your environment, for being a reflection of it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His antics aren't bad. He just wants to win and be the best.

As for the childhood thing, what we go through defines who we are one way or another. Though many people seem to mistake being a product of your environment, for being a reflection of it.

His antics don't bother me, but there are plenty out there who critique every thing he does.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that he made to where he is. Hope once his career is over he doesn't fall apart. That would be a shame, after he came this far.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His antics don't bother me, but there are plenty out there who critique every thing he does.

Those people are stupid. If I could choose one player in the league to put on the Hawks right now, it would be Bryant

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was messed up, but his childhood sounds bad.

On being raised in poor conditions in Lufkin, a Bible Belt town of 35,000:

“Crackheads in my house, potato chips and peanut butter for dinner – my life was (expetive) all the way to college. ... I’m talking at least 15 people. You’d be lucky if you had a Hot Pocket for dinner. We used to eat at Salvation Army on the regular, when the neighbors couldn’t help us out.”

Rolling Stone points out that Bryant was largely raised by his brother, who also happened to be his uncle. More on Bryant's turbulent upbringing in this Dallas Morning News piece.

On his mother, the oldest of eight children by six fathers. She was impregnated at 14 by her mother’s boyfriend, MacArthur Hatton, who’d also sired two of Angela’s siblings. She sold crack to help support the family and spent a brief time in jail:

“The drug game wasn’t going how it should go, I guess, and she would get mad and take it out on me. Hit me with a pipe and threw a car amp at me – slashed me across the back. ... We never, ever had that guidance, as far as report cards and homework. We just did whatever the hell we wanted to do."

The magazine points out that Angela is now clean and re-married (to a woman). Bryant discussed his mother's sexual orientation and their relationship in a Dallas Morning News piece.

On how he started football, by stealing his first equipment:

“Me and my mom went down to the field to sign me up. But when they told us that we needed, you know, to pay for the equipment, we...well, we didn’t have the (money). ... But I swear on my life, I was blessed that day. There was this abandoned trailer, and on the stoop outside, I seen these shoulder pads and helmet sitting there. The craziest (expletive) was, they actually fit me. I stole those, man. I stole ’em and I played."

Dez Bryant details 'crackheads in my house,' turbulent childhood in Rolling Stone cover story

I call bullshit here.

You don't become a world class athlete without proper nutrition.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laughed.

Did he eat Dez Bryant?

Maybe. I just know the only reason he tapes his fingers is so he doesn't mistake them for sausages and eat them in the middle of the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that he made to where he is. Hope once his career is over he doesn't fall apart. That would be a shame, after he came this far.
Life certainly can change on a dime for the good and bad.

Now I understand why Dez was so happy for the opportunity through Rolling Stone to tell his story

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of many things I'm less interested in than reading about Dez Bryant glorify himself. I wouldn't believe most of what he says anyway.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of many things I'm less interested in than reading about Dez Bryant glorify himself. I wouldn't believe most of what he says anyway.

their ya go, get that trolling going.